Marcus Vick bashes Michael | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus Vick bashes Michael

SCall13

Finheaven QB
Reaction score
This was posted on a Carolina Panthers forum. Found it while looking for info on Will Witherspoon.

"I think -- or at least I thought coming into the combine -- that Marcus Vick would play the penitent guy for the incidents that plagued his college career and limited him to only 13 college games. He was, pretty much. But then a group of us wondered how he differed from his brother as a quarterback. And he sounded like he was the 10-year veteran, and Michael Vick the green rookie. "I feel like I'm a more mature passer,'' Marcus Vick said. "I tend to go to my third and fourth progression before taking off and running with it. He [Mike] kind of plays a wild style of football, where he's going to get nagging injuries all through the year. You don't need that as a quarterback.''

:lol: Thats right Marcus. We need a gun-posessing guy who is in trouble with the law weekly. You know EXACTLY what the NFL likes to see at QB.

Wow Marcus Vick just does not know when to stop. I mean everytime you think he really can't do anything worse he goes to start bashing his brother. Now I might be alittle harsh on saying he is bashing, But he is trying to say he is better.

I read that in the Peter King column this morning. Funny stuff. I'm sure he'll say his quote was taken "out of context"

I hope Marcus Vick ends up being a bust. He's an A-hole......unless of course he comes to Miami....That won't happen but if it did, Saban would put him in his place.

Actually-

In an interview I saw a few months ago with Michael Vick, Michael said Marcus was a better passer and went through progressions, but that he (Michael) was a better runner, more elusive. Also Michael said he (Michael) can throw harder.

caneaddict said:
Actually-

In an interview I saw a few months ago with Michael Vick, Michael said Marcus was a better passer and went through progressions, but that he (Michael) was a better runner, more elusive. Also Michael said he (Michael) can throw harder.

ya... I saw that... It was NFL Total Access during the Pro Bowl...

Mike said Marcus was better...

My question is why does anyone on this board care what marcus says about mike. Ive heard nothing but complete and utter hatred for both of them here.

SCall13 said:
This was posted on a Carolina Panthers forum. Found it while looking for info on Will Witherspoon.

"I think -- or at least I thought coming into the combine -- that Marcus Vick would play the penitent guy for the incidents that plagued his college career and limited him to only 13 college games. He was, pretty much. But then a group of us wondered how he differed from his brother as a quarterback. And he sounded like he was the 10-year veteran, and Michael Vick the green rookie. "I feel like I'm a more mature passer,'' Marcus Vick said. "I tend to go to my third and fourth progression before taking off and running with it. He [Mike] kind of plays a wild style of football, where he's going to get nagging injuries all through the year. You don't need that as a quarterback.''
Maybe I missed something here but how is that bashing his brother? Marcus is is the better passer of the two and Michael the better runner and athlete. The coaches at V-Tech often told Marcus that he needed to run more but he preferred to go through his progressions where Michael has been criticised for not doing this. Michael has been often injured the past couple of years and has missed more games than any QB should. Maybe it's because it was Marcus who said that and not someone else? I don't know.

I would not want Vick on my team even as an undrafted Free Agent

I would'nt worry about marcus. According to most everyone in this forum, he "sucks". Can't run, can't throw, can't read defenses, can't hit his receivers, or do anything. If that's the case, no one will pick him up and it will be a non issue.

apa64che said:
I would'nt worry about marcus. According to most everyone in this forum, he "sucks". Can't run, can't throw, can't read defenses, can't hit his receivers, or do anything. If that's the case, no one will pick him up and it will be a non issue.

I think the main issue is his character and attitude more so than his football skills. IMO anyway.

SpeedRush99 said:
I think the main issue is his character and attitude more so than his football skills. IMO anyway.

He is a child. No question about that. No one will ever hear me say he doesn't need to "grow up". Personally, i don't know what team will get him, but he needs to be on someones practice squad. He's got a lot to learn. Keep in mind, he's only had one full year of college ball. He's not ready for the NFL. He's talented, but he needs to start at the bottom, and work his way up. IMO :D

Back
Top Bottom