Mare Asked to Take Pay Cut | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare Asked to Take Pay Cut

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Secone time in six months he's been asked to restructure.

In October, Mare agreed to restructure his contract to free up salary-cap space for the team. The Dolphins guaranteed the rest of his $1.5 million base salary for the season, which freed up about $600,000 in cap room. The move increased Mare's cap number for the next three seasons, but it gave the club room if it needed to sign injury replacements.

Slashed prices....

"but I'm sure there are other people who wouldn't mind having me."

Would they want you for 1.85 million dollars? I doubt it! He needs a reality check..I mean, damn..he missed 7 field goals..that's pathetic for the money he's getting.

He was 23rd in the NFL in FG % and he's the highest paid K?? I'm gonna be sick.. :tantrum:

Last edited by a moderator:
he's got a point on the kickoff thing. Didnt he lead the league in touchbacks?

Regardless though, he should take a pay cut. I hope it doesnt go to the point of him leaving, kickers are hard to come by it seems. Look at the Niners, they still havent found a replacement since the Cortez cutting

Pay Cut... but not drastic.

We ALL know he had a down year... but most of his misses were off the dirt, that is part the coaches problem for

A) not having him practice off of the dirt, and....
B) calling those kicks after several misses in those situations, often "playing for the field goal" rather than "SETTLING" for the field goal.

Also, he has one of the strongest legs in the league, both for the kickoffs and DEEP field goals... even though we rarely attempt them, but he has booted several field goals at near 50 yards with PLENTY of room to spare looking like they would be good from 60.

But, he had a HORRIBLE year... and he is "just" a kicker. He should not be getting paid a VERY good premium and be at the top of the pay scale for his position after the year he had.

Not only did he lead the league, he set a league record. His kickoffs were excellent. And he has a point. How many years did Danny Kight earn a paycheck for sparing Mike Vanderjagt the burden of kicking off??

He'll take the cut. But he'll still make good money.

He won't be released before June 1st, it actually increases his cap hit in 2004. I could see a cut to $1 million with a chance to earn back some of the difference

Remeber that kick in Denver a few years back. He should get a million just for that. But then again he sure blew that New England game this year for us. Which basically cost us a playoff shot. Ahh just cut em and get Kevin Butler out of retirement.

Mare hasn't been the same since we lost our kicking coach two years ago. That is looking like a big loss. He could make something out of nothing.

Mare is still solid. Like you've all mentioned his kickoffs are impressive.

Oh give me a break. This guy missed two 35 yard field-goals against New England at the end, and in overtime. He singlehandedly cost us the game. We would've been in the playoffs if he would've just done his job. Hell maybe that would've put us in better contention for the division title.

He missed another 40 yarder in Baltimore which almost costed us the game as well.

I would rather draft Nate Raeding and cut Mare then restructure Mare. Mare should NOT be paid a cent over 1 million. Not until he proves he can actually kick again.

And have you guys forgotten all those line drive kick-offs he had all year? What was that crap?

He has had 2 off years now I find myself cringing when he comes in to make a kick where before that I would say he was automatic. I think he needs to take a big paycut but we should keep him.

No kicker should be even in the ballpark of $2 million per year, let alone Mare, who's become average all of a sudden. Tell him to take a million bucks or walk.

Originally posted by Little Danny
Mare hasn't been the same since we lost our kicking coach two years ago. That is looking like a big loss. He could make something out of nothing.

Mare hasnt been the same ever since his rediculous contract!!...We can all thank Wanny and his"Gurus" for f-ing up every contract on Miamis team!!

Get Him a Kicking Coach....

Originally posted by Little Danny

Well he did well with one a few years ago, so get him another one. Spend a little money on one and restructure his contract with incentives....

Originally posted by Gonk
Oh give me a break. This guy missed two 35 yard field-goals against New England at the end, and in overtime. He singlehandedly cost us the game. We would've been in the playoffs if he would've just done his job. Hell maybe that would've put us in better contention for the division title.

He missed another 40 yarder in Baltimore which almost costed us the game as well.

On the other hand....How many games has he singlehandedly won for us?

Originally posted by phunwin
No kicker should be even in the ballpark of $2 million per year, let alone Mare, who's become average all of a sudden. Tell him to take a million bucks or walk.

I would pay Vinatieri $2 million per season

Back
Top Bottom