Mare Asked to Take Pay Cut | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare Asked to Take Pay Cut

Originally posted by Ct Fin Freak 13
He has had 2 off years now I find myself cringing when he comes in to make a kick where before that I would say he was automatic. I think he needs to take a big paycut but we should keep him.

I agree, after the miss against Baltimore, I couldn't even watch the OT kick, or the long field goal just before the half against Washington the next week.

He does need to take a pay cut. The last two years it is well documented on his struggles. However, I keep thinking to myself if damn WANNY did not fire Westoff (yes I know he undermined his authority, but damn...) he would still be one of the best kickers in the league. Lets face it 23rd in FG is not near best.

Either way he needs to get his head on straight and figure out how to kick FG's again. Dirt or no Dirt... hell that is his stadium, other kickers dont' seem to have that problem here!?

The 2004 Franchise tender level for Kickers and Punters is $1.611 million. Mare deseves a Pay Cut not a restructure and forget LTBE incentives. If he goes to another team he will be making less than $1.6 million including signing bonus.

His base salary this year is $1.85 million. Take a $850k cut this year and if he returns to top of the league form for field goals and game winning kicks, his 2005 salary is already $1.65 million.

http://www.nflpa.org/Media/main.asp?subPage=Research+Documents

Mare for 1 million a year is well worth - he is the best K on kickoff of all-time IMO if you consider his mastery of the onside kick - that JJ loved, but Wanne forgot about

Back
Top Bottom