Mare is not a football player! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare is not a football player!

finsfan4life

In Dawn We Trust!
Reaction score
Everyone blaming Mare needs to recognize that he's a kicker and not a football player. If you want to blame someone blame the coaching staff for putting the kicker into a position where he was deciding the outcome of the game.

Ummm... then he is getting paid pretty damn good football player money. 2 misses, unnacceptable considering his high *** paychecks

That's his job. If he can't take the pressure he should do something else.

You can blame the coaching staff for not giving the ball to Ricky one more time but you can blame the kicker too for missing a straight and relatively short field goal. He's paid 2 millions a year to do so.

That's like saying that your boss is responsible for all your faults.

All I know... is the coaches should have been smart enough to know that 90% of Mare's misses have came off the infield dirt. They should have at least ATTEMPTED to get it in the end-zone.

But, they played it conservative, and THAT is why we lost. If you go for it... and have to SETTLE for a field goal attempt, thats one thing. But, when you GIVE UP on scoring a TD and throw it Mare's shoulders with the odds stacked against him that is rediculous. Had we been on the grass... thats one thing, but on the dirt you need to go for it all because kicks have been 50/50 at best off the dirt.

$2 million to kick footballs thru goalposts. And when you miss chipshots, it's not your fault because you're not a football player.

Sweet gig.

Are you his brother or something? Yes it is just as much his dumbass fault as anybody else. Maybe more...Good post though.:rolleyes:

Mare lost the game singlehandedly no matter how your write. Make the 2nd (forget the block) kick in OT and we win...no way around that.

It was Mare's fault period. He gets paid to make those kicks and it is on home field. It is not the coaches fault unless you want to blame them for having confidence in Mare. It is not Jay's fault because he engineered long drives to be able to make both of those field goals. The D was not playing the pass well again. NE passed for 260 yards. If we would have scored 20 NE would have scored 20, it was that even of a ball game. Mare lost the game.

Yes, Mare is getting paid pretty good. Perhaps that's something the Fins need to address in the offseason. Am I dissapointed that Mare missed two kicks, absolutely. However, the offense played too bad for me to blame the kicker. If the line blocks better and we complete more passes the kicking isn't a factor.

I'd have Mare practicing on the dirt field till midnight since he's going to be with the team for two more years. If he decides to go in the locker room declre it open season for the rest of the team to kick his A$$. No excuse for him or that sorry *** Special teams coach Keith Armstrong.

It is not Mare's fault we did not easily win the game, but when you have a supposedly "premier" K, that means the game is over on a 35 yarder <EOD>

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Yes, Mare is getting paid pretty good. Perhaps that's something the Fins need to address in the offseason. Am I dissapointed that Mare missed two kicks, absolutely. However, the offense played too bad for me to blame the kicker. If the line blocks better and we complete more passes the kicking isn't a factor.

Kickers are a factor. That is why they have the position on the team. You can use all the if's you want. The one that counts is IF Mare would have hit either one of those FG's we would have won the ballgame.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Everyone blaming Mare needs to recognize that he's a kicker and not a football player. If you want to blame someone blame the coaching staff for putting the kicker into a position where he was deciding the outcome of the game.

Hum I guess that ALL the other 31 teams coaching staffs should be blamed when their field goal kicker CHOKES and kicks the game winner "wide right" then ?

O Mare is being paid top $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to kick extra points and field goals ! When a game as tight as this one comes down to OT and the offense puts Mare in a position to win the game,, and Mare over compensates because (I guess) for the earlier debacle,, then "Mare" is solely to balme ......

:fire: :yell:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom