Mare is not a football player! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare is not a football player!

Originally posted by DolFan31
We should have went for the first down on 3rd and 7. Thats all Im gonna say.

Mare should have hit the chip shot. That's all Im gonna say.

You're blaming Mare? MARE???? Jesus, isnt he one of the most accurate kickers in NFL History? He had a bad game, it happens. Who in the hell are we going to replace Mare with? There arent HISTORICALLY many better kickers then Mare, much less out there for us to hire right now, or in the offseason.

Originally posted by Disgustipate
You're blaming Mare? MARE???? Jesus, isnt he one of the most accurate kickers in NFL History? He had a bad game, it happens. Who in the hell are we going to replace Mare with? There arent HISTORICALLY many better kickers then Mare, much less out there for us to hire right now, or in the offseason.

mare has grown more erratic with each passing season since signing the contract

I agree that Mare has been more erratic each season. I also blame Mare for missing two field goals. I don't however, blame Mare for losing the Fins the game.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
I agree that Mare has been more erratic each season. I also blame Mare for missing two field goals. I don't however, blame Mare for losing the Fins the game.

How can you not blame Mare for losing the game? For GOD's sake, we have people on this board who blame Fiedler when we win a game. When Fiedler puts together a 70 yd drive that gives Mare a chip shot, how can you not blame him? This is incredible!!!

Originally posted by Disgustipate

So what is your point ?? I can see a f-g missed,, no one is perfect ... But when a f-g kicker has a chance to redeem themselves by kicking the game winner in OT and they sail it wide right,, then he should step up to the plate and take responsibility for the LOSS !!!!

Nuff said ...

:pirate:

Marino1983

Look on the bright side, he didn't kick it wide right in the last play of the sb to win or lose it :yikes:

Teams win or lose games not kickers. Mare is working with a new snapper and kicking off of a dirt infield. He absolutely should have done his job and made those kicks. However, if you're depending on your kicker to win football games you have BIG problems.

They pointed this out on NFL PrimeTime that Mare seemed to slip a little bit before trying to kick the game winning field goal on the dirt from the baseball field.

Originally posted by justafan
How many games has the guy won for the fins? :huh:

That's not the point Justa. He has won a lot of games for us but so has Jay Fiedler. Jay gets so much blame even when we win but this was Mare's game too win, twice.

Originally posted by justafan
How many games has the guy won for the fins? :huh:

:huh: This is being held accountable justa !! This is about what happened in the game against the Pats today,, not about what has happened in the past ...

When a team is in a hard fought drag out street fight type of a game and the field goal kicker has NOT ONE,, BUT TWO opportunities to win the game,, and fails who do you think should be blamed justa ??

:rolleyes:

Marino1983

i think it is hard to pinpoint one source of the loss. The Fins simply played poor football.

Originally posted by finsfan4life
Teams win or lose games not kickers. Mare is working with a new snapper and kicking off of a dirt infield. He absolutely should have done his job and made those kicks. However, if you're depending on your kicker to win football games you have BIG problems.

So when J Fiedler throws an interception or misses a throw for a certain t-d to win the game in regulation or in O-T it is not his fault but the failure of the entire team ??????:confused:

But if this is how you feel ff 4life then are you not one of the Fiedler haters that continually calls for his head ? I mean the hypocrisy is flowing like water here !!!!!

:goof:

Marino1983

Originally posted by Marino1983

When a team is in a hard fought drag out street fight type of a game and the field goal kicker has NOT ONE,, BUT TWO opportunities to win the game,, and fails who do you think should be blamed??

:rolleyes:

Marino1983

The teams offense for putting the kicker in that position.

Back
Top Bottom