Mare | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare

Buddwalk said:
Actually i wouldnt be surprised at all if mare came out and had a great season...basically its a contract year for the guy and he knows he has to impress saban to stay

I could see him going 23-26 Field Goals 38/38 XP
Is he really in a contract year? This site says that he is signed thru 2009

MCMike81 said:
Turk was the man last year.. I dont know why you would want to cut him. I always liked Mare until he missed th 2 FG's two years ago against the Pats. That would have gained us a playoff birth and we would not have to see that ovetime bomb played over and over again. They were chip shots especially for a 2 mill a year kicker, and i dont care if they were out of the infield he should be able to adapt to that, its not like it was the first time he ever had to kick from that surface.

I watched that game very intently, like most Fins fans, since it was our arch enemies, a conference game, so much on the line, etc...What struck out to me was how badly the defense let us down at the end of the game. Just another example of Bates/Wanny's defense that bended and broke instead of bended but didn't break. You can't blame 60 plus minutes of football on the kicker...how about the terrible play calling when we were trying to "run some time off the clock at the beginning of the last qtr ?? How about letting NE have two long drives in the 4th and OT and not being able to stop them on 3rd downs thruout the 4th quarter...NO, it was not Mare's fault that we lost that game...it was Wanny's and Bates fault for not making adjustments when needed against the Pats...yes, we should have won that game, but not due to Mare's leg giving out...

Jimi said:
Turk played great last year. Why would we cut him?
thats exactly what i was thinking, why turq ??? he played great last year

mike_vee said:
thats exactly what i was thinking, why turq ??? he played great last year

That was last year..he is about 48 years old (ok, only 36, but you get my point). He had a decent year last year, but how much of that was due to the fact that our D and O sucked so bad ? STs (Welker's play, Mare, Turk) got all the good press because there wasn't any good press coming from the other areas of the team. Turk was adequate...will he be this year is yet to be determined, but sooner or later we have to look at a younger guy, most likely after this coming year...

mares good and that man can kick...i was at his football camp awhile ago and he was kicking 40 yard fieldgoals with both of his legs and i couldnt even do a 5 yard field goal with my bad leg it was crazy and hes a rele cool guy

LarryFinFan said:
That was last year..he is about 48 years old (ok, only 36, but you get my point)

Who cares how old he is, he's a kicker. Kickers don't get hit.

we could just just cut his salary a bit idk hes a good kicker but mayb not worth right now as much as hes getting.....if he has a good year then raise his salary back up

both of them will be back next year. the only better punter or kicker that will be availible after june 1 is todd saurbun(sp?) from the panthers, but miami won't go after him because of off the field issues

DolphinsD1 said:
i forgot when it was but remember when turk got a bad snap and ran with the ball he got like 20 yards it was hilarious.

I remember that, but didn't he also try to run with it this season and failed miserably?

dwadeattack said:
i think you have the stats screwed up, because he is going to miss more than 3 field goals and we not going to score 38 tds. besides that, there arent really any good kickers in free agency, so he is our best bet right now. however, we should have never signed him for 2 million dollars. if mare gets 2 mil for missing a 20 yd field goal, y shouldnt wes welker make 2 mil for making a 28 yd field goal and an extra point and return kicks.

i think you need to think before you post.

-you know how many field goals hes going to miss?
-you know how many points we're going to score this season? and you think its going to be under 20pts/game when last seasons fins under bates put up that many?

please refrain from posting

Atila said:
i think you need to think before you post.

-you know how many field goals hes going to miss?
-you know how many points we're going to score this season? and you think its going to be under 20pts/game when last seasons fins under bates put up that many?

please refrain from posting

:yeahthat:

Back
Top Bottom