Mare's kicking woes continue....(but is it his fault?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare's kicking woes continue....(but is it his fault?)

Mare gets paid too much to be a below average kicker.....his missed field goal cost us any chance of coming back later to try and tie the game, as we remained down by ten points. Mare has to go.

Still a Mare supporter

Yes he is having a bad year but his misses are near misses and he is still great at touchbacks and onside kicks

If that idiot linebacker picks up his onside kick versus Houston maybe we win that game

He needs to take a paycut and if he is released he will have a better year than whoever we get to replace him.

It's not his fault!!!!!

It's Wanny's fault he is missing kicks! Damn Wanny!

byroan said:
How can anyone defend him?? He's missed the most kicks this year. A paycut isn't going to magically turn him into a good kicker. He doesn't deserve any more years as a Dolphin.

I agree. 10 missed kicks is inexcusable. When Mare set up to kick last night, I said aloud "Oh Hell".

Sure enough, wide left.

He used to be so clutch.

This will be his last season with us

the real question is why is he still on the team?

wpgfishfan said:
Still a Mare supporter

Yes he is having a bad year but his misses are near misses and he is still great at touchbacks and onside kicks

If that idiot linebacker picks up his onside kick versus Houston maybe we win that game

He needs to take a paycut and if he is released he will have a better year than whoever we get to replace him.

So you'd prefer a near-win over a win?

Mare is done, no excuses the kicker has only a few jobs and the most important job is making FGs (the other job is kick-offs) lets draft Krosby

Sorry but when your the 2nd highest paid kicker in the league you dont miss as many has he has. He needs to get a pay-cut or be cut. Im over his whinning and complaining... and im more over his missing important kicks. The truth is, it wasnt just his missed field goal that lost it for us but it didnt help either. Im ready for a new kicker.

KILL
MARE

Just kidding of course.. :wink:

Cutting a player of Mare's caliber isn't the answer to making the dolphins a playoff team. Given his kick off and onsides abilities I don't want to see another team pick him up if we get rid of him(especiallly in the AFC east). So what's the answer.. coaching/practice and contract restructuring/re-negotiation.... And if all else fails.. bring some in to kick the sub 40 yard FG's. Many other teams have found a successful combination.

Kickers are a dime a dozen, we can get a free agent kicker right now who was in the Pro Bowl a few years ago, we can draft one, personally I wouldn't waste a pick this year on one, we could sign one the day after the draft and give old Mare some competition.

I almost wanted to throw up when i saw gramatica kick the 46yd field goal to win the game for dallas. He sits out for 2-3 yrs (dont remember how long) practices for less than a week and he can out kick our kicker who is one of the highest paid kickers in the league and it was with the pressure on.

MaineFinFan said:
Cutting a player of Mare's caliber isn't the answer to making the dolphins a playoff team. Given his kick off and onsides abilities I don't want to see another team pick him up if we get rid of him(especiallly in the AFC east).

It isnt the answer but it helps in a few ways, frees up the salary cap and shows the other players if you dont perform you can start packing up your stuff. If i was the owner of a company and was payin somebody to do 2 jobs (field goals, and kickoffs) and he could only do one of his jobs to my satisfaction and i can get someone to do both for cheaper, id get rid of the high priced guy

Back
Top Bottom