Mare's kicking woes continue....(but is it his fault?) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mare's kicking woes continue....(but is it his fault?)

emocomputerjock said:
He gets no "laces out" pass from me. The guys job is to make kicks, and he's missed way too many at his paycheck to earn a pass.

I'm with you on the Mare issue.

Not buying into the bad snap or hold deal.
The problem lies with Mare and Mare alone.

He needs to stop beyatching about field conditions and put in some extra time to get his form back.

First it was the baseball infield.....then it was a rough patch in the middle of the field....now it's the holder?? Who cares. All that matters is that he can't make field goals when called apon. His "I'm not having a bad year" comment infuriates me as well.

Cutting a player of Mare's caliber

Whats the ****tiest caliber? Thats were Mare fits in.

He needs to stop beyatching about field conditions and put in some extra time to get his form back.12-05-2006 12:21 AM

He spends too much time whining when he should be working on his game.

Predaphin said:
I truly beleive that part of Mare's kicking woes are due to lack of chemistry between the snapper, holder and the kicker.

I don't beleive Mare has lost his touch, nor his accuracy. I just beleive he is having trouble adjusting to a new snapper and holder.

Mare had his best years with Ed Perry as his long snapper, and Matt Turk or Jay Fiedler as the holder.
With Ed Perry 2002-2004 he kicked 9-13 (30-39 yds) less than 69%... and 2001-2004 22-32 (40-49 yds) less than 69% again...he has been going down hill for a few years now...

I actually had a dream lastnight about Mare missing a 25 yard field goal. I NEVER dream about the Dolphins...so that tells you something...

Predaphin said:
Well, Mare did it again. He missed another kick from short distance. But can we blame him entirely?

From watching the kick, if you notice the snap was a bit high. Donnie Jones had to adjust a bit and barely had enough time to set the ball down. By the time the ball was set, Mare was already on his way to kick the ball.

While the snap wasn't completely out of reach, it was still a bit high.

I truly beleive that part of Mare's kicking woes are due to lack of chemistry between the snapper, holder and the kicker.

I don't beleive Mare has lost his touch, nor his accuracy. I just beleive he is having trouble adjusting to a new snapper and holder.

Mare had his best years with Ed Perry as his long snapper, and Matt Turk or Jay Fiedler as the holder. We would actually sign Perry to extensions strictly due to his ability of long snapping. The 54 yarder kicked in the snow in Denver, was when Perry was snapping. It's very crucial to have a good long snapper.

I know for a fact Mare has not lost his strength in his leg. He has the most touchbacks this season. He still has the ability to kick them from long range. I just think his bad season is due to lack of special teams chemistry. It's taking time to adjust.

I think Mare deserves one more year as a Dolphin, but with a paycut.

Mare was offered a pay cut and he refused. To me, that basically makes him the prime suspect to be gone this offseason. So screw Mare, he is not worth the money we pay him. He has lost more games than any QB we have had IMO because he sucks when we need it most. He is clearly the next Vanderjagt. Used up and too comfortable with his status. I am sick of people trying to hold on to people who do not perform according to what they are paid!!!! Kick his ars to the curb and I wouldnt mind doing it now!

Back
Top Bottom