Marino and the QB position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino and the QB position

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I personally think Dan will get rid of Jay and good ridence. However I wonder what you all think he will do with the position. Here are some ideas.
Keep BG and draft a QB
Keep BG and draft O line and WR
Vet QB form outside and draft a QB
Vet QB and draft O line and WR

I like Brunell, Rivers & Lee, however do not hate the idea of trading both #1s (assuming we get one for Wally) and giving both for a shot at Eli. What do you all think? Who should be the starting QB next year and who should we draft in the 1st (lets assume we get a #1 for Wally)

griese will be the 1st to go because of his cap #.

I agree his cap # will be looked at, but after how he played last year and the relative minimal interest to sign him when Denver released him, point to Miami keeping him if he Restructures his contract.

Originally posted by DeDolfan
griese will be the 1st to go because of his cap #.

Ture if all cap numbers stay consistant. Having said that if neither Jay or BG restuctures you can bet both will be out.

I would like to cut both of them, sign Brunell and draft a qb/wr/o-line and pick a FA lineman as well! In my eyes this is the best bet....I also like Rivers

Originally posted by Total-Revamping
I would like to cut both of them, sign Brunell and draft a qb/wr/o-line and pick a FA lineman as well! In my eyes this is the best bet....I also like Rivers

Would you rather have rivers and a wr/o line or trade both for eli?
I would have posted a poll but i dont know how.:confused:

We really only have to make 4 moves to get under the cap: cut Griese, Fiedler, & Ruddy & restructure Zach's contract.

I don't think there is a QB worth taking in the top 20 after Ben & Eli. We're better off just waiting until the third round for Navarre or Pickett, unless we can make a trade for Henson.

We'll cut'em both, draft a qB in the 1st rnd and marino will suit up and tutor him !!! whadya think?? NOOO???!! :lol:

I say keep Fiedler, cut Griese and draft O-line and WR. I don't believe Eli or Ben is worth 2 1st roundpicks.

Brunell and Rivers sounds good to me! Although it would be interesting if we could not get Brunell for some reason, still draft Rivers keep Griese @ reduced salary (Did not see enough of Griese to bash him like we bash Jay).

Originally posted by DolphinsDenmark
I say keep Fiedler, cut Griese and draft O-line and WR. I don't believe Eli or Ben is worth 2 1st roundpicks.

We can't really keep Fiedler. He has a cap # of $6.837M that he heck sure isn't worth & you shouldn't restructure players' contracts if you don't plan on having them around next year. We'll save $3.25M by cutting Jay, that's a little more than what the first year cap # of a Mark Brunell or Jeff Garcia would be.

Originally posted by DolphinsDenmark

Considering our recent draft history, either would be worth the entire draft !!! :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but I don't waste a first round pick on a young QB when we have Sage. Use that pick on a WR or OL and get a QB later in the draft.

Originally posted by bigmiamifan
Sorry, but I don't waste a first round pick on a young QB when we have Sage. Use that pick on a WR or OL and get a QB later in the draft.

Actually, i was kidding. So you think sage is our man????

Originally posted by T-Bone
Brunell and Rivers sounds good to me! Although it would be interesting if we could not get Brunell for some reason, still draft Rivers keep Griese @ reduced salary (Did not see enough of Griese to bash him like we bash Jay).

I think we need another good young receiver than a weak armed project QB. Michael Clayton, Rashaun Woods, Lee Evans, or Vernon Carey should be our selection.

Back
Top Bottom