Marino discusses Tannehill-Wallace chemistry | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino discusses Tannehill-Wallace chemistry

People love to blame only RT for the long ball issue, but how many times did RT overthrow Wallace because Wallace did not read the coverage correctly. Or Wallace drops the ball that lands in his hands and he cant body catch.

Wallace has 0 i repeat 0 football IQ. Dumb as a bag of rocks.
Chubbs

Ps..Body Catchers suck..

People love to blame only RT for the long ball issue, but how many times did RT overthrow Wallace because Wallace did not read the coverage correctly. Or Wallace drops the ball that lands in his hands and he cant body catch.

Wallace has 0 i repeat 0 football IQ. Dumb as a bag of rocks.
Chubbs

Ps..Body Catchers suck..

He actually got a lot better at that as the season went on.

Also, every WR catches with there body a lot of the time, even the great ones.

Part of Tannehill's faults are obviously with the mental aspect of his game. Practice will help but only the 'right' type of practice will make him truly better. Hopefully the new coaching will help him make some major breakthroughs.

I think it would be a different situation if someone like P. Manning was the QB... he would make Wallace practice long and hard so they would get the timing down...I don't think Wallace is that dedicated and committed to do that with RT....

I think it would be a different situation if someone like P. Manning was the QB... he would make Wallace practice long and hard so they would get the timing down...I don't think Wallace is that dedicated and committed to do that with RT....

Wallace has already said that the only way him and Tannehill are going to get better chemistry is by lots of practice this offseason. I have no doubt that there will be plenty of throwing sessions between those two this summer. Wallace wants to be seen as a #1 wr/playmaker in the NFL and for that to happen he knows what needs to transpire.

Not true. Wallace came out a week or so ago saying that he and RT had to get together in the off season to work in the deep throws, and sounded very anxious to do so.

Not true. Wallace came out a week or so ago saying that he and RT had to get together in the off season to work in the deep throws, and sounded very anxious to do so.

Wallace has something to prove and seems like he wants to put in the effort....

Hopefully Lazor can find creative ways to exploit Wallace's speed in ways other then the deep route....Sherman seemed to have some sort of mental block that prevented him from doing so.

We've all said it's a timing issue. That's obvious. What isn't obvious is whether the timing issue has been coached to properly, or whether the timing issue is inherently unnatural.

We shall find out.

Didn't you get caught trying to compare Tannehill's deep ball from college to the pro's while only comparing his college career, to his 2013 NFL season, and not including his 2012 NFL season, which showed his deep ball % actually improved quite a bit?
Of course you have the freedom to determine whether you believe a jump from 28% (16 for 58) to 33% (15 for 45) is "quite a bit."

It would also help if he would catch it when the timing is there. There were many dropped by Wallace that should have been caught.

Of course you have the freedom to determine whether you believe a jump from 28% (16 for 58) to 33% (15 for 45) is "quite a bit."

LOL, way to cherry pick the completion % and not the actual passing accuracy.

He's a link, which will explain it for you. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...olphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehills-deep-ball

Also, why did you not respond to the point about people accusing you about deliberately leaving out/cherry picking statistics or that you fail to respond to peoples questions to your theories and wanting to see your calculations/work? If you want the hard work that you do to be taken seriously you are going to have to start doing that. Other wise they are just numbers on a page.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the record I HATE how M.Wallace runs his deep routes! He has a tendency to play decoy(stutter step, stutter stop) type moves aimed at trying the throw the defender off(Sell) and get a "step" on him.

If i'm right in this observation then it created 70-80% of the non-connection problems we've see all year....TIMING. Tannehill sees M.Wallace one on one with a defender and pretty much lets it fly because their are few DBs foot-speed that can match-up. The problems is Wallace pretty much comes to a stop and accelerates again in his type of route running to get open deep. RESUT: OVER-THROW! and vice-versa when the QB tries to compensate. If you want to see a big difference look at the connection between Tanne and Hartline on their Deep Attempts. Hartline runs almost seamless deep route which makes it much easier to predict where he will be and where to project the ball.

For the BIG BEN crowed that says, well he connected with Wallace no problem! I would ask you this, How often was that after Big Ben had already scrambled and moved around for 5 sec? Which automatically gave Wallace the time to recover from his crappy route running to be at full gear.

LOL, way to cherry pick the completion % and not the actual passing accuracy.

He's a link, which will explain it for you. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...olphins-quarterback-ryan-tannehills-deep-ball

Also, why did you not respond to the point about people accusing you about deliberately leaving out/cherry picking statistics or that you fail to respond to peoples questions to your theories and wanting to see your calculations/work? If you want the hard work that you do to be taken seriously you are going to have to start doing that. Other wise they are just numbers on a page.
I'd rather present the numbers and allow others to interpret them as they will, since that's going to happen anyway, despite what I or anyone else says. Use and regard the information as you wish. :)

Back
Top Bottom