Marino's Records Safe? Favre Retiring? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's Records Safe? Favre Retiring?

Vertical Limit said:
Brett will break the record in Week 13 against the New York Jets in Lambeau Field, and Lambeau Field will go crazy. The Jets will give up like 7 TD's that game, and we will get pissed and flame them in the Depths of the Sea sub forum, and the Jets will use the "We did that on purpose for Brett can beat Dan's record HAHAHAHA" excuse.

I can see it now..

:lol:

I hope he breaks the record, guess im the only one

Actually, I want Brett to break the record too. It will be a great moment in football history, plus he will likely retire then, on top.

Unfortunately for Brett, he doesn't have a good team to have an Elway type of retirement, but breaking the record will be atleast something positive.

Vertical Limit said:
Actually, I want Brett to break the record too. It will be a great moment in football history, plus he will likely retire then, on top.

Unfortunately for Brett, he doesn't have a good team to have an Elway type of retirement, but breaking the record will be atleast something positive.

I think everyone seems to think that people will start calling Brett the best QB ever if he breaks teh record, I dont think they will

He is definitly a top 7 QB and I dont think there are many (if any) that match his intensity

When you think Green Bay you think Brett, he deserves the record.

Farve is just hanging on for the records, I just dont like to see that. Greenbay stinks and so does Farve. Marino was so desperate to win a Superbowl he stayed in playing on that bad leg going through injuries, JJ's nonsense just to get that ring. Farve is just hanging on now for the records. Anyone that would comeback from a 29int year where they were obviously hurting the team and done for just to break records is a complete Ahole. Farve needs to retire, if for no other reason than so we are not subjected to one more damn John Madden called game with him at Qb. "You know Farve plays the game the way its supposed to played" or Joe Theisman calling a game where after Farves 3rd INT hes explaining through replay how the receiver should have broken through triple coverage, dove 10 yards in the air and swatted the ball away. Always the receivers fault when Farve in playing.
And Brett. Speak your damn name the right way.

finfansince72 said:
Farve is just hanging on for the records, I just dont like to see that. Greenbay stinks and so does Farve. Marino was so desperate to win a Superbowl he stayed in playing on that bad leg going through injuries, JJ's nonsense just to get that ring. Farve is just hanging on now for the records. Anyone that would comeback from a 29int year where they were obviously hurting the team and done for just to break records is a complete Ahole. Farve needs to retire, if for no other reason than so we are not subjected to one more damn John Madden called game with him at Qb. "You know Farve plays the game the way its supposed to played" or Joe Theisman calling a game where after Farves 3rd INT hes explaining through replay how the receiver should have broken through triple coverage, dove 10 yards in the air and swatted the ball away. Always the receivers fault when Farve in playing.

You gottta respect Favre!! hes on e of the best Qbs of all time!! hes a class act

finfansince72 said:

:shakeno:

Thats just disrespectful its his choice to retire whenever he wants to.

He can say his name however he wants, you cant tell him how to pronounce it, in fact if anyone says it right its him

finfansince72 said:
Favre is the most competitive QB to play the game. Some can make an arguement for John Elway, but I truely love watching Brett Favre play. This guy has given up his body and soul on every down, fought through all injuries in his entire football career.

I read once about Favre going through a serious injury back in college, he severely damaged his intestines on a car wreck and the doctors had to cut off about 30 inches of his small intestine, but went back to the field 3 weeks later and lead Southern Miss to an upset win over Alabama.

This guy is the true iron man. He will keep fighting untill he feels it's over. He deserves Marino's record to list them on Top of his many other accomplishments. IMO, he will go down as Top 3 QB's to ever play the game, alongside with Marino and Elway.

I beleive he still has a few great games left in the tank, and the Green Bay Packers has a fairly easy schedule this season.

Alex44 said:
:shakeno:

Thats just disrespectful its his choice to retire whenever he wants to.

He can say his name however he wants, you cant tell him how to pronounce it, in fact if anyone says it right its him

Ofcourse its his choice, its his choice to tarnish his name too. Im sick of Farve, he was god awful last year and everyone kept making excuses for him and it was absurd. He is hurting his team by coming back. Thats whats sad. He doesnt need to comeback, his team has no shot at winning, hes already won a superbowl, his legacy is secure, why comeback? Its just the records hes after and thats sad IMO. You dont comeback when youre hurting your team and nothing like you once were to add 20 more tds to your record so u can be number one. Thats BS.

Records are meant to be broken. I am sure Peyton Manning will have almost all of the records after he retires...as long as he does not get hurt. I still think Dan is the best ever and will always feel this way.

finfansince72 said:

I agree completely. The way announcers make excuses for his mistakes are crap. You know those "Chuck Norris Facts" on the internet? Subsitute Chuck Norris with Brett Favre, and you're well on your way to becoming an announcer.

you are guys are blind.

favre holding on for records? i dont think so...the guy truely still loves the game, everyone knows that.

you guys are pretty illogical bringing up the 29int season as an excuse to retire.

uh, hello? are you kidding?

if ANYTHING, the 29int season is excuse to come back and show he can leave the game on top.

you really think he wants to go out with his last season being the way it was?

do any of you really want him to go out that way anyways?

he's playing cuz he still enjoys the game, and because he wants to show he can still compete, and the 29int season wasnt ****.

finfansince72 said:
Ofcourse its his choice, its his choice to tarnish his name too. Im sick of Farve, he was god awful last year and everyone kept making excuses for him and it was absurd. He is hurting his team by coming back. Thats whats sad. He doesnt need to comeback, his team has no shot at winning, hes already won a superbowl, his legacy is secure, why comeback? Its just the records hes after and thats sad IMO. You dont comeback when youre hurting your team and nothing like you once were to add 20 more tds to your record so u can be number one. Thats BS.

Your cant say why someone is coming back, you arent in his head, you have no clue what he is thinking. So dont pretend like you do

Alex44 said:
Your cant say why someone is coming back, you arent in his head, you have no clue what he is thinking. So dont pretend like you do
And you do? You can't say why hes coming back if I can't right? Its my opinion that hes a chump and coming back for the records. Dude Farve was absolutely terrible last year, he hurt his team night in and night out. He was one of the worst Qbs in the league last year. The great ones dont comeback to go through that again.

Back
Top Bottom