Marino's Records Safe? Favre Retiring? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino's Records Safe? Favre Retiring?

@@@ said:
I'd be stunned if Favre retires at this stage

Well, as much as I would like him to retire for the said reasons, I am starting to believe like you... I do not want to imagine why the press conference, but, if he were retiring, all the football media would be on it... right now, nobody is saying anything...

Gardenhead said:
Brett Favre has called a press confrence for today. Usually, players don't call for press confrences in the middle of the week during preseason unless something big is up.

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/08/15/2/

I know records were meant to be broken, but Marino's 420 TDs is special to me.

Actually according to ESPN Brett scheduled this press conference weeks ago sort of a "state of the union address" for packer fans. He doesn'e speak to the media during TC so he uses these press conferences as a way to talk to fans.

If you believe what ESPN says

well its only a matter of time until Peyton Manning breaks all of Marino's records. He's the modern day verison of Marino.

You mean the Favre that said earlier in the year this is the best team that he's ever been apart of. :shakeno:

Favre was a heck of a play and a really tuff guy, but he wasn't the QB that Dan was.

I'll never forget though that game he played after his dad died, and he came out the next night and just let it up. That is my best Brett Favre memory. Truly an inspiration.

Shamboubou said:
You mean the Favre that said earlier in the year this is the best team that he's ever been apart of. :shakeno:

Favre was a heck of a play and a really tuff guy, but he wasn't the QB that Dan was.

I'll never forget though that game he played after his dad died, and he came out the next night and just let it up. That is my best Brett Favre memory. Truly an inspiration.

Not to take away from Favre (and I watched the game and also regard it highly), but the receivers that night went above and beyond. The whole offense truly answered the call.

FrankP said:
Well, as much as I would like him to retire for the said reasons, I am starting to believe like you... I do not want to imagine why the press conference, but, if he were retiring, all the football media would be on it... right now, nobody is saying anything...

Well my local radio station has been talking about it, so at least someone else outside of Green Bay has heard about it.

We'll just wait and see I guess

everardteach said:
well its only a matter of time until Peyton Manning breaks all of Marino's records. He's the modern day verison of Marino.
I hope Manning wins a SB though I dont want to see him go through what Dan did.

I'm watching the press conference. The guy isn't retiring, he's just fielding routine questions about the play of his offensive line

Hes not retiring, just talking about the season....boring.

It's just your run of the mill press conference, he's just answering questions. This is not a retirement speech.

I don't think Favre will break Marino's records, since Marino doesn't hold the record for most INT's.

I would be surprised if farve broke that record, farve might brake another record.....most INTS, now that wouldnt surprise me

Back
Top Bottom