Mario Williams Visiting the Dolphins.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mario Williams Visiting the Dolphins..

Mr.305

Pro-Player!
Reaction score
I know Mario from school and he told me that he was visiting the Dolphins today....

Ask him why?

He's a top 5 pick. Why visit Miami unless he just wants a free night in Miami and a Tshirt and Frisbee.

Unless we trade up we won't even be sniffing Mario...he'll be long gone.

ShuggieOtis said:
Saban met with young,

Saban meets with everybody

I could see a reason to trade away future picks to trade up for Young. Not Williams. Me personally, Id give up 2007 1st and 3rd picks for Vince Young.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
I could see a reason to trade away future picks to trade up for Young. Not Williams. Me personally, Id give up 2007 1st and 3rd picks for Vince Young.

Young has too many question marks....can he be a pocket passer??? Does he have the intelligence to call a pro offense and know the playbook (see Wunderlic scores). He could be Ryan Leaf for all we know...too risky to waste a 1st and 3rd next year on in my opinion. We'll see how he turns out.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:

God, thanks Nick Saban is running the show instead of XXXSURTAINXXX :shakeno:

This meeting's details could be kept in Saban's file. Then, if Williams becomes a FA in 4-5 years, our coaching staff already has info on him.

JohnDolphin73 said:
Exactly...Why? There is no way we would be able to draft him.

I think Saban thinks a little more differently than you...and me. True- he's probably not going to be availiable with the 16th pick, but who's to say if he's availabe at a certain number like... seven? That won't have as much retribution associated with it and might be worth it. Also, what happens after 5-6 years when he's established himself as the premeire pass rushing end in the NFL. His contract is up and maybe he remembers how favorable of an impression Coach saban had on him in College and he may gravitate towards S. Florida once again, all because of a brief meeting in college.

Or possibly he's just scouting him for tendencies when he's playing for a rival team.

Coach saban does things a little differently and it may be hard to figure out sometimes, but he has basis for these decisions and I'm confident in his approach.

Roman529 said:
Young has too many question marks....can he be a pocket passer??? Does he have the intelligence to call a pro offense and know the playbook (see Wunderlic scores). He could be Ryan Leaf for all we know...too risky to waste a 1st and 3rd next year on in my opinion. We'll see how he turns out.

Dude he outscored Marino (13) on the wonderlic.
2. Did you watch this guy at all this year? He played with great intelligence and understanding of the game.
3. He is the best athlete at the position with a cannon of an arm...who does that sound like? Michael Vick with an Arm!!! OMG that's something Id love to have behind center.

Rarely can you say a QB is a sure thing. Young is about 75% of a guarantee.

Please dont be one of those who think Cutler is like a sure thing. I assure you Cutler is no better than David Greene who came out last year from UGA.

Vince Young is a future SB MVP. Remember his face the day Bush won the Heisman. He took it out on they azz in the Rose Bowl didn't he? You cant train a guy to be that competitive. He was born with it.

Phins28 said:
God, thanks Nick Saban is running the show instead of XXXSURTAINXXX :shakeno:

I can feel that...but what did we give up for Culpepper? and please add the risks that came along with it. Big risks that came along with it. Was it worth it hell yeah it was.

Now the question would be in Vince Young's case.....would the benefits of giving up picks to move up outweigh the cost? I say hell yes. That guy is going to excel at this level. A young man with a arm and he can move outside the pocket....Too dayum dangerous.

spiral said:
I think Saban thinks a little more differently than you...and me. True- he's probably not going to be availiable with the 16th pick, but who's to say if he's availabe at a certain number like... seven? That won't have as much retribution associated with it and might be worth it. Also, what happens after 5-6 years when he's established himself as the premeire pass rushing end in the NFL. His contract is up and maybe he remembers how favorable of an impression Coach saban had on him in College and he may gravitate towards S. Florida once again, all because of a brief meeting in college.

Or possibly he's just scouting him for tendencies when he's playing for a rival team.

Coach saban does things a little differently and it may be hard to figure out sometimes, but he has basis for these decisions and I'm confident in his approach.

Now that is a great point. I feel you thats the big picture.

Back
Top Bottom