Mario Williams Visiting the Dolphins.. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mario Williams Visiting the Dolphins..

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
Dude he outscored Marino (13) on the wonderlic.
2. Did you watch this guy at all this year? He played with great intelligence and understanding of the game.
3. He is the best athlete at the position with a cannon of an arm...who does that sound like? Michael Vick with an Arm!!! OMG that's something Id love to have behind center.

Rarely can you say a QB is a sure thing. Young is about 75% of a guarantee.

Please dont be one of those who think Cutler is like a sure thing. I assure you Cutler is no better than David Greene who came out last year from UGA.

Vince Young is a future SB MVP. Remember his face the day Bush won the Heisman. He took it out on they azz in the Rose Bowl didn't he? You cant train a guy to be that competitive. He was born with it.

I hope you are right. I watch a lot of PAC-10 games so what he did to USC in the Rose Bowl was not a shock as USC is not that great a defensive team. Lots of QB's are GREAT in college but they are average to below average in the pros. I think Young is going to have to go to the right team that will let him use his mobility. I don't think Cutler is a sure thing either. I think the same for Matt Leinart, but I think Leinart has the best shot at being a good QB quicker than the others.

Cutler sucks....Young is going to be really good....IMO

I think there is a good possibility that the reason Saban was talking with Vince is not because we were going to draft him but it was very possible the the jets or maybe even bills can draft him and its nice to know the qb that you could POSSIBLY be playing 2 times a year for years to come. As for Mario I once agian think saban could simply just be scouting players knowing he will play them sooner or later and another thought that saban meets all these players is that maybe one day daban will meet a player that he gets tottaly sold on and is worth trading down for so he gives everyone a chance to be that player but I dont really see us trading for a better pick this year but I would not mind trading down a bit for the texas player on the other side of the ball Michael Huff he has talent and is exactly what we need.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
2. Did you watch this guy at all this year? He played with great intelligence and understanding of the game.
3. He is the best athlete at the position with a cannon of an arm...who does that sound like? Michael Vick with an Arm!!! OMG that's something Id love to have behind center.

Please dont be one of those who think Cutler is like a sure thing. I assure you Cutler is no better than David Greene who came out last year from UGA.

Vince Young is a future SB MVP. Remember his face the day Bush won the Heisman. He took it out on they azz in the Rose Bowl didn't he? You cant train a guy to be that competitive. He was born with it.

Mate, Young scored 7 on the test.

He's nowhere close to being an NFL QB. He needed the Texas offense simplified for him because he couldn't understand it, he has an average arm and mechanical issues.

And as for Williams meeting Saban, it might just as much be for further information on Lawson and Stephen Tulloch. Tulloch has been in to Davie already and Lawson has been on our radar since Saban's interview in Mobile.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:
I can feel that...but what did we give up for Culpepper? and please add the risks that came along with it. Big risks that came along with it. Was it worth it hell yeah it was.

Now the question would be in Vince Young's case.....would the benefits of giving up picks to move up outweigh the cost? I say hell yes. That guy is going to excel at this level. A young man with a arm and he can move outside the pocket....Too dayum dangerous.

I don't think it's wise to trade a 1 & 3 round pick for an unproven player, yes Young is a very talented young man, but he could be a bust in the NFL. The draft is not a exact science

Mr.305 said:
Cutler sucks....Young is going to be really good....IMO

Are you joking? Haling from texas, i believe i have a say in this. Vince Young is extremely inacurrate. Mike Vick wasn't nearly as inaccurate coming out of college, and many people consider him to be so in the nfl. Vince Young is going to bust.

XXXSURTAINXXX said:

he played with great understanding of a simplified zone-read offense. that doesn't mean anything in the NFL.

he does NOT have a cannon for an arm. pretty average actually.

young is the exact opposite of a guarantee. he failed in a pro-style offense, runs too much, doesn't seem too smart, isn't that accurate, and has terrible mechanics.

cutler has absolutely nothing to do with david greene. i don't see the comparison.

cutler is more competitive than young.

Didn't Young have to take it twice to get that 15? Also in defense of Marino that was back when the Wonderlic first started. Who knows, he may not even have tried hard. Today whether anyone agrees or not the Wonderlic is considered important by many and if you're a QB you better try your best and do well. Young took it twice and the best he could do was 15.

Wonderlic or not, Young can't hit a Bull in the a** with a ball. He was great in college BECAUSE HE COULD RUN. Well Michael Vick has a better arm and is quicker and faster than Young and he hasn't come close to dominating the NFL yet. Vince Young will be a project in the NFL and a bust IMO.

By the way Marino scored 15 not 13.
http://www.unc.edu/~mirabile/Wonderlic.htm

cdgman08 said:
Are you joking? Haling from texas, i believe i have a say in this. Vince Young is extremely inacurrate. Mike Vick wasn't nearly as inaccurate coming out of college, and many people consider him to be so in the nfl. Vince Young is going to bust.
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :confused: :confused:
WOW!!! I cant wait for you to relize! lol....How was he inccurate wen he lead the NCAA in pass eff.?? Well some people are just HATERS!!!!

o and OMG does Cutler suck!! he played against nobodies....

Mr.305 said:
o and OMG does Cutler suck!! he played against nobodies....

He played in the SEC, arguably the best defensive conference in the nation. He played with nobody. I motion to stop giving this thread credibility by way of any more posts. These teenage kids come up with these "trade our 1st and 3rd next year for Young" threads and don't realize how ridiculous they sound. Not only would it be a terrible trade, it's not even realistic.

Edit: lol this is actually about us meeting with Mario Williams, I just remembered, crazy how these threads get hijacked

yea who knows about young.hes either going to be great or really bad

Your his friend? Man you'll be living nice in a couple of weeks. Get out of here with that garbage bro... Williams wouldn't waste his time visiting us unless we wanted to give up this years and next years draft for the pick.

Mr.305 said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :confused: :confused:
WOW!!! I cant wait for you to relize! lol....How was he inccurate wen he lead the NCAA in pass eff.?? Well some people are just HATERS!!!!

Look at his passes. The majority were short, underneath routes, high completion percentage opportunities. When the ball went further down the field, it became more of an adventure. Not hating, no homerism, just stating facts.

Back
Top Bottom