Mark Brunell behind center next year | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Brunell behind center next year

It's amazing how you just generated a list of QBs with exactly 0 Super Bowl wins. That's my point about QB -- I'd far rather find a guy who is cap friendly who will allow precious cap funds on defense and other positions on offense. This can be done -- look at every Super Bowl winning team lead by somebody since Elway...

As to the question about free agents: There are no WR free agents who can make the impact at WR that a good rookie could except for the ones that cost way too much money (like Owens). Look at Boldin. Look at Andre Johnson. Look at Charles Rogers before he got hurt. We could draft a guy with a chance to contribute as much as these guys in the draft.

We can address a lot of problems with the line in free agency, but we can't do that nearly as inexpensively as we could get a guy like Brunell or another QB with two or three years left...

free agent me a nasty Offensive line that will blow holes open for rickey........this time around come up with a no-name offensive line........that just wants to blow people off the line........and then draft me a mobile quarterback that can throw long...........tell fiedler he is taking a huge cut or test the free market.....bring in a new coaching staff.......that will go for it......not play this calculated.....conservative bullshot

Originally posted by Jimmy James
It's amazing how you just generated a list of QBs with exactly 0 Super Bowl wins. That's my point about QB -- I'd far rather find a guy who is cap friendly who will allow precious cap funds on defense and other positions on offense. This can be done -- look at every Super Bowl winning team lead by somebody since Elway...

Vick rejuvinated his team, Carr is in a second year expansion, Culpepper lead the vikings after a collapse in the locker room, McNabb isn't the reason the eagles haven't won a super bowl (they weren't good utnil he took the reigns), Pennington hasn't had his teams reigns for a full season, Bledsoe played for the Patsies for years competeing with a superior Marino in his division, and McNair is in the SB hunt this year. And it would be purely insane to question Manning's incredible playing ability.

Are you telling me that these guys aren't worth a number one pick? I'd give up TWO number one picks for any of these guys (if they were rooks). Their FRANCHISE QB's. Their not all as good as Marino, but their all new to the league, and all are leading their team. Yes, it is possible to have a QB back in the pocket that can make throws, and actually intimmidate the defense. We need a young gun to take this team, and they WOULD win it. Think if Marino had this team his rookie year. He would have wont he SB. He has the passing game, the RB, FB, and the defense. The QB is still an intrigal part of the team. NO ONE would pass up these players. Their young,a nd all have shown flashes of brilliance. This league is deep in young potential QB's. We NEED one.

Originally posted by Phishstix
old, broke up, has a rookie starting over him brunell, no thanks

Exactly. What has he proven. I think this would be a classic wanny move.

Back
Top Bottom