Mark Brunell behind center next year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Brunell behind center next year

when's the last time we drafted someont to help this team...we'll probably wind up with another tight end or full back....Im just pissed

well dont assume wanny stays hes gone and the new coach will see a glaring need at qb if we let ogun sign elsewhere we should get a number one two number ones we could trade into the top 5 ROETHLISBERGER

This team does not need to burn a first rounder on a QB. Who is the last great first rounder you can name? For that name, I have a few for you:

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Heath Schuler
Cade McNown

This draft should be about addressing WR and/or OL needs up top and addressing QB in another fashion or at best in the middle of the draft. I know a quick fix is tempting, but even a highly touted rookie isn't going to be a quick fix...

I don't want Brunell. Honestly, I think we need a WR more than a QB. Changes do need to be made on offense. Jay can be an efficient QB, we saw that in the Dallas game. If the team is prepared well, we play well, and Jay plays well. Jay isn't great, but I would rather have him than Brunell. Brunell got benched for a rookie and hasn't done **** in years.

Originally posted by Jimmy James
This team does not need to burn a first rounder on a QB. Who is the last great first rounder you can name? For that name, I have a few for you:

Ryan Leaf
Akili Smith
Heath Schuler
Cade McNown

This draft should be about addressing WR and/or OL needs up top and addressing QB in another fashion or at best in the middle of the draft. I know a quick fix is tempting, but even a highly touted rookie isn't going to be a quick fix...

Exactly. The draft is loaded with good WRs, that is where we need to go.

or would you RATHER we name 1st round QB's who are kicking *** in the NFL? including one who's younger brother is in the draft, and is said to have a better arm?

we'll never get a solid qb if we dont spend a first rounder........ we dont draft well enough to find a gem in the mid rounds ala bulger

Originally posted by nyfinzfan
we'll never get a solid qb if we dont spend a first rounder........ we dont draft well enough to find a gem in the mid rounds ala bulger

agreed, i'd LOVE to pay a high price for a great QB. But we don't have the balls to trade up for Eli. He's the only one I'd give that much up for.

I actually would like to see that list. Where are these great 1st rounder QBs? It would certainly help me focus on my exams instead of doing the research myself.

Yes, there are busts at every position. This isn't just about this, though. It's about bigger needs at WR and OLine and plenty of ways to address the QB situation if you buy that Fiedler/Griese/Sage are not answers...

are there no free agent lineman or receivers this year? why not fix those that way

Carr, Vick, Mcnabb, Culpepper, pennington, Manning, McNair, Bledsoe

Iffy's, but better future than Jay; Joey harrington, Breese, Couch, Leftwhich

Want me to point out what great seasons these guys have had in the past, and how much more likely their going ot have great seasons in the future? Or can you infer that signing an old crusty QB in the FA would be better than paying a high price, and drafting a franchsie QB? If you want wheel chair bound cripples, do you thing. I want a young gun to compliment chambers and Ricky.

Back
Top Bottom