Mark Brunell is............. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Brunell is.............

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Smith is going to be a stud at LT. Even Jeff Fisher admitted it after we played the Titans.

Great you don't want our future stud to block Brunell's blindside, you want...who again? I mean, if Wade leaves who the heck do we get? Some cheap veteran who is playing on fumes? How bout we bring Searcy back :rolleyes:

I agree he will be a stud, but hes not yet, and im not sure hes ready to be the blind side again, we saw it cause some big turnovers last year (indy) that could have been the difference in the playoffs...you don't think we could get tait, or clifton, or one of the many other solid pass blocking RT's in FA, i think we could.

Originally posted by finsnchips
Why does everyone want Brunell?

He got beaten out by a rookie last year. Same will happen again.

...Rivers...

He wasn't beaten out he got injured. They lost games while he was down and figured the year would be suited better to give up and give the rookie experience. NO WAY any rookie beats him out in the first year.

Thats true dread but I take that as even less reason Brunell should demand that his team doesn't draft a first round rookie.

BTW guys, stop kidding yourselves getting a Drew Henson is virtually the same as if not worst than getting a Phil Rivers at pick #20 from Brunell's perspective. At least Rivers is a guy that might have lasted to the 2nd round. Henson has top pick tools and was slated already to be the Texans' #1 pick before he chose baseball.

The thing about the "pressure" to get a rookie QB out there early is, that only exists when the team is not winning. If Brunell is gettin a yeast infection over the prospect of a first round QB coming in alongside him, to me that shows me he doesn't have confidence in his ability to make this team a winning team. If he doesn't have that committment to winning, I don't want him. You'll notice that teams that continued winning after they drafted a rookie QB in the first round, felt no need to play him in his rookie year...and a lot of them didn't even play in their 2nd year if the team was still winning. Look at the Jets. Pennington sat the bench forever while Vinny was still winning them games. Then Vinny went in the tank and they had to put Chad in. If Brunell's scared of ickle rookie Rivers, he can just go ahead and sign with Tampa Bay or San Diego or Oakland or whatever other team is gonna overpay for him.

Brunell is an upgrade over feilder no one knows for sure that we will get on of the young guns anything can happen.I do not want to go into another season with feidler under center.

Brunells gonna wanna come here i think, regardless of Rivers/Henson. This team, with a legit QB for once, has a good chance at winning it all...or at least better then any other team he might go to. If he wants a ring, he'll more the likely come here.

I don't know who Brunell expects he'll play for if it's not a team that might draft a QB in the 1st rd. You either need a QB, or you don't. Any team not drafting a QB that early isn't looking to add another veteran QB to their mix either.

Brunell has to realize that he's at the age when where ever he goes there's going to be a young QB waiting in the wings.

Brunell's comment in todays Herald.

One of the keys for Brunell is he doesn't want to play for a team that invests a first-round pick in a quarterback this year. Brunell, 32, believes he can be an effective starter for another three or four years and doesn't want to go through another situation similar to the Leftwich one.

Originally posted by Killa_B
top priority for the dolphins according to a NFL source.So that means another non playoff year for us!:(

How on earth do you figure that from the perspective of picking up Mark Brunell???

He has played at a level above Fee Fee every year.
Seeing that fact would'nt getting Brunell be a potential upgrade???

I think we should take brunell, then take Jenkins in the first, and That Matt Schuabb kid or what ever in the third.

Originally posted by Dolphins17-0
says you, most of us want brunell in here... as long as we can bring in henson or rivers behind him. Brunell is perfect for us.

Lefty so wade smith wont be blind side, better arm than fiedler so he can hit the deep ball a few more times, hed be an upgrade

I dont. i think it will just end up being money wasted in a year from now. he may play better than what we had, but when the rook takes over, then what? wasted money.

I say start from scratch, get your QB in the draft and build the Oline. Start with a new song, man. If you think about the coaches, we already have made alot of changes. Hell, Wanny could be gone tomorrow. any of you ever think about that? Wanny's buddy gone (norv), all new guys on offense, hasnt signed his deal yet. something up Waynes sleeve?

Originally posted by finfan54

I dont. i think it will just end up being money wasted in a year from now. he may play better than what we had, but when the rook takes over, then what? wasted money.

I say start from scratch, get your QB in the draft and build the Oline. Start with a new song, man. If you think about the coaches, we already have made alot of changes. Hell, Wanny could be gone tomorrow. any of you ever think about that? Wanny's buddy gone (norv), all new guys on offense, hasnt signed his deal yet. something up Waynes sleeve?

Wanny's unsigned? Got a link or something?

Wanny hasn't sign the deal?Who started this dumb rumor?
Face it people!
We're stuck with Wanny unless Wayne is willing to fire him and eat up rest of contract if another mealtdown occurs.

Once contract extension was announced means the deal is done.

Originally posted by minus
Wanny hasn't sign the deal?Who started this dumb rumor?
Face it people!
We're stuck with Wanny unless Wayne is willing to fire him and eat up rest of contract if another mealtdown occurs.

Once contract extension was announced means the deal is done.

I thought so too...........

Back
Top Bottom