Mark Sanchez on MNF | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Sanchez on MNF

This is absolutely pathetic that you guys are crowing over a preseason loss for the Jets. I knew we were in your heads but I didn't realize how far in we were.

It's funny how there weren't any posts when sanchez played great last week but he has a poor showing and we get a 13 page and counting thread.

It's a good thing he had trouble, if the preseason went as smooth as last week he'd be in trouble. he did bounce back and showed some mental toughness leading us to the TD. There will be plenty of moments like last night for Sanchez this season, it's all part of growing up as an NFL QB.

Sanchez played last week? I don't know as though throwing 4 passes against a team who will again be picking in the top 10 tells me much.

Seeing a QB playing one of the toughest defenses in the NFL tells me a lot more. I saw a guy who looked lost and confused. Rex might not be intimidated by other teams....Sanchez is though.

Sanchez played last week? I don't know as though throwing 4 passes against a team who will again be picking in the top 10 tells me much.

Seeing a QB playing one of the toughest defenses in the NFL tells me a lot more. I saw a guy who looked lost and confused. Rex might not be intimidated by other teams....Sanchez is though.

He is a rookie and he took some lumps last night yet bounced back to end on a positive note.

Last week he was nearly flawless, it doesn't matter who he faced.

He is progressing very well, it's normal to take lumps as a rookie- heck he played like Pennington did last year in the playoffs against baltimore- actually he did better. That D can make any QB look bad.

He is a rookie and he took some lumps last night yet bounced back to end on a positive note.

Last week he was nearly flawless, it doesn't matter who he faced.

He is progressing very well, it's normal to take lumps as a rookie- heck he played like Pennington did last year in the playoffs against baltimore- actually he did better. That D can make any QB look bad.

Except Pennington was contending with Lewis and Reed. Sanchez did 0 until they came out of the game.

This is absolutely pathetic that you guys are crowing over a preseason loss for the Jets. I knew we were in your heads but I didn't realize how far in we were.

...says the guy who has 10,000+ posts on a Dolphins message board. :crazy:

:foundout:

You guys are funny.... First off if anyone thought Sanchez was going to play good today then you expected too much, the Ravens were the closest thing to regular season football you can get pretty much. Sanchez was seeing blitzes and disguises already, something rookie QBs don't see this early.

Matt Ryan had a 28 completion percentage against the Ravens last year in preseason. Only 17 yards...

I think this was a good experience for Sanchez, he really responded well after starting off bad. He kept his cool and threw a TD pass.

Next, our OL was still missing our starting RT, I was surprised to see Faneca play yesterday. Our OL looked great in run blocking, which is their strength. Pass blocking, well they let in some free blitzers, they need to work on picking up the blitz.

Now about the Jets defense, I was happy with their performance besides some 3rd down conversions. We were missing arguably our 2 best defensive players in Darrelle Revis and Kris Jenkins. Our middle won't be as weak when Jenkins comes in and demands double teams and frees the LBs up and other players up.
And some of those plays to Mason wouldn't have worked if Revis was in covering him. Though Revis looked bad last year in preseason than played shutdown the rest of the season.

Again its just a preseason game, I wouldn't be calling Sanchez a bust after a few series against one of the best defenses in football. Find me a young QB that hasn't struggled against that defense.

Also people forget that Joe Flacco started off bad with the Ravens last season. He got better as the season went on, at first he was getting sacked and throwing INTs like crazy. Started off with 1 TD 7 INTs. Its not like Sanchez went against the Cleveland Browns and struggled like Matt Stafford.

It's funny how there weren't any posts when sanchez played great last week but he has a poor showing and we get a 13 page and counting thread.

It's a good thing he had trouble, if the preseason went as smooth as last week he'd be in trouble. he did bounce back and showed some mental toughness leading us to the TD. There will be plenty of moments like last night for Sanchez this season, it's all part of growing up as an NFL QB.

is it funny? not that it would be expected or anything....this being a fins board and all.

Christ....Andy Levitre got this many pages for getting punked in a pre-season game, and you think it's 'funny' that Sanchez would get no less for giving us an instant replay of the Favre INT to Merling...then coming right back and trying to serve up a pick six to Ray Lewis??

you're right....us dolphins fans are so 'funny' like that.

You guys are funny.... First off if anyone thought Sanchez was going to play good today then you expected too much, the Ravens were the closest thing to regular season football you can get pretty much. Sanchez was seeing blitzes and disguises already, something rookie QBs don't see this early.

Matt Ryan had a 28 completion percentage against the Ravens last year in preseason. Only 17 yards...

I think this was a good experience for Sanchez, he really responded well after starting off bad. He kept his cool and threw a TD pass.

Next, our OL was still missing our starting RT, I was surprised to see Faneca play yesterday. Our OL looked great in run blocking, which is their strength. Pass blocking, well they let in some free blitzers, they need to work on picking up the blitz.

Now about the Jets defense, I was happy with their performance besides some 3rd down conversions. We were missing arguably our 2 best defensive players in Darrelle Revis and Kris Jenkins. Our middle won't be as weak when Jenkins comes in and demands double teams and frees the LBs up and other players up.
And some of those plays to Mason wouldn't have worked if Revis was in covering him. Though Revis looked bad last year in preseason than played shutdown the rest of the season.

Again its just a preseason game, I wouldn't be calling Sanchez a bust after a few series against one of the best defenses in football. Find me a young QB that hasn't struggled against that defense.

Also people forget that Joe Flacco started off bad with the Ravens last season. He got better as the season went on, at first he was getting sacked and throwing INTs like crazy. Started off with 1 TD 7 INTs. Its not like Sanchez went against the Cleveland Browns and struggled like Matt Stafford.

Arn't you the same guy that was saying that Sanchez was seeing the same type of defense in practice so he would be more prepared for it? Come on, you can't have it both ways...

Again....I think it's hilarious that you guys think our reaction is 'funny'...like it's unexpected or odd.

You want a favorable spin on how Dirty Sanchez played.....go to a Jets forum. Your post is a perfect example of what you'll find there....an excuse for every mistake.

you want an unbiased opinion....go to a Broncos board or Saints board.....

but here? pure hatred for everything Jets....and hoping for failure for all Jets...and pointing out all failures....especially the pretty boy rookie you guys traded up to get.

Sorry....we're just 'funny' that way. :chuckle:

Except Pennington was contending with Lewis and Reed. Sanchez did 0 until they came out of the game.

He had 2-3 series against them in his first start ever in the NFL. He wasn't a 9 year vet making his 6th career playoff start.

...says the guy who has 10,000+ posts on a Dolphins message board. :crazy:

:foundout:

I enjoy discussing things w/ opposing fans. I am not obsessed w/ you guys, I don't start preseason threads to trash the dolphins and get giddy when you lose a preseason game.

Ryan did it in the 4th preseason game w/ Bal resting starters.

Ryan preseason 2008:

good 1st game: 9-15, 113 yds, 1 TD against Jax
bad 2nd game: 8-16, 62 yds, 1 INT against Indy(his INT was returned for a TD as well)
Good 3rd game: 15-21, 102 yds, 1 TD
bad 4th game: 2-7, 17 yds

Sanchez had a good 1st game and bad 2nd game w/ an INT returned for a TD.

I enjoy discussing things w/ opposing fans. I am not obsessed w/ you guys, I don't start preseason threads to trash the dolphins and get giddy when you lose a preseason game.

I don't know man.....most who know me would say I'm obsessed with the Phins....and I've only managed half as many posts here as you have. Maybe we just have different definitions of obsessed.

like maybe in your mind....Cecil Collins wasn't obsessed with that young lady...he just wanted to watch her sleep. :lol:

I don't know man.....most who know me would say I'm obsessed with the Phins....and I've only managed half as many posts here as you have. Maybe we just have different definitions of obsessed.

like maybe in your mind....Cecil Collins wasn't obsessed with that young lady...he just wanted to watch her sleep. :lol:

I'm lucky to have a job in the sports industry where I can work and have time to post on various boards. I have alot more posts at theganggreen.com and other sites.

Mark Sanchez looked really bad early in the game. But he calmed down and on his last drive threw a nice TD pass to Leon Washington. I wasnt really disappointed in how he played.

It would be foolish for people to expect a rookie QB starting his first pro game ever to go out there and light up the Ravens. He made some mistakes early but then made some nice plays late. He's a rookie QB. These things are going to happen.

What concerned me more was how Kellen Clemens played. Because he was the guy who I wanted to be the opening day starter. He threw a pick 6 to (even though the ball never should have even been in the air at that point) and really just played average after that against backup players.

Mark Sanchez looked really bad early in the game. But he calmed down and on his last drive threw a nice TD pass to Leon Washington. I wasnt really disappointed in how he played.

It would be foolish for people to expect a rookie QB starting his first pro game ever to go out there and light up the Ravens. He made some mistakes early but then made some nice plays late. He's a rookie QB. These things are going to happen.

What concerned me more was how Kellen Clemens played. Because he was the guy who I wanted to be the opening day starter. He threw a pick 6 to (even though the ball never should have even been in the air at that point) and really just played average after that against backup players.

The same guy Sanchez has been unable to seperate himself from...

Back
Top Bottom