Mark Trestman or Joel Collier? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Trestman or Joel Collier?

Who would you like to see as our offensive coordinator?

• Mark Trestman

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Joel Collier

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

dolfan34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Why didnt the dolphins hire Trestman as OC, at least last year he took the raiders to the superbowl and also had the No.1 offense and plus he has experience i rather have him than collier calling the plays.

Collier - since that is who it is... I am a realist ;)

Originally posted by dolfan34
Why didnt the dolphins hire Trestman as OC, at least last year he took the raiders to the superbowl and also had the No.1 offense and plus he has experience i rather have him than collier calling the plays.

Because as Wanny puts it, this is why:

"Why not, for example, give Trestman, who has served eight years as an offensive coordinator with four NFL teams -- the past two in Oakland -- the job?

"I didn't want to change systems," Wannstedt said. "I didn't want to go to the West Coast offense."

For whole article read this:
Fiedler first casualty of regime

On how it will work with Marc Trestman being assistant head coach and quarterbacks coach and Joel Collier being offensive coordinator) – “Joel (Collier) will call the plays and be responsible for coordinating and putting the game plan together. Marc (Trestman) will be responsible for the quarterbacks on a day-to-day, moment-to-moment coaching status. Marc will be great during game time, having somebody who is coaching them and being down there on the field with them in the heat of battle, talking with Joel back and forth. In addition, you look at the places that Marc has been, whether it was a coordinator or just a quarterbacks coach, he’s been involved with of a lot of great programs. He can be a guy that gives me an opportunity to go in there and just talk about things relating to our team, whatever they might be.â€Â
Wanne

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/pressreleases/pressreleases.asp?contentID=3112

Yeah i know but i think change would be good for this offense, i mean this offensive system we have now hasnt exactly lit up the scoreboard over the past few years. oakland didnt even have an allstar runningback and they were stil first in offense. I just think the overall experience of trestman would have been better for us.

Yeah we wouldn't want to change anything! It worked out so great for us! Give me a damn BREAK!

Trestman sounds like he really wants to concentrate working with QBs again not being an OC...but I would have asked him to be OC for one season and install the WCO so that next offseason when there's some better candidates around for OC we can get another one that runs the WCO and let Trestman go back to just coaching the QBs.

I just have a bad feeling that with Collier being a rookie OC its not the ideal situation for a rookie QB to come in and incubate properly.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Trestman sounds like he really wants to concentrate working with QBs again not being an OC...but I would have asked him to be OC for one season and install the WCO so that next offseason when there's some better candidates around for OC we can get another one that runs the WCO and let Trestman go back to just coaching the QBs.

I just have a bad feeling that with Collier being a rookie OC its not the ideal situation for a rookie QB to come in and incubate properly.

Man I'm glad you're not the coach, and I a new assistance trying to be a OC, you wouldn't give me a break..every OC has his moments, Norv and Gailey included...let the mini camps, scrimages and preseason prepare the OC for the regular season, just like the players..he'll be fine.

Trestman was so successful in Oakland in 2002 because he had 3 very good WRs, a QB who was on fire, a RB who could catch the ball very well, and a good offensive line. The West Coast Offense was a good fit with the talent they had.

The West Coast Offense will not work here. We are a running team, and Trestman doesn't like to run the ball. I don't think he is a bad coordinator, I just don't think he would have been good here as a OC.

i think trestman could work wonders with ricky williams and chris chambers, but collier is the OC, at least he knows what ricky can and cant do. since he coached him for two years.

I don't know much about Collier, but I do know Trestman did pretty well as an offensive coordinator. I would rather have him in there and try something different.

So, you would rather install the west coast offense, which will essentially negate Ricky William's biggest strengths?

Yeah. That's the smart thing to do. Install an offense that will take away the one strength you have in offensive personnel.

Let's just completely ignore what the current offensive system is capable of when it has talent.

Originally posted by dolfan34
i think trestman could work wonders with ricky williams and chris chambers, but collier is the OC, at least he knows what ricky can and cant do. since he coached him for two years.

Trestman doesn't know how to run the football, so the last thing he would do is work wonders with Ricky Williams.

Give the man a chance to do his job, before the criticism starts.

I was saying he could utilize ricky by making him run routes and catch the ball more where he will have better room to run, like he did with wheatley and garner.

Back
Top Bottom