Marlins Firesale | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins Firesale

instant reaction = **** you, Loria!!!

after a couple of months = no FA of significance has signed with the fish

april 1, 2013 = oh no, we suck again!

I stopped caring about the Marlins and baseball on a whole a long time ago because of foolishness like this.

Bets part is as a lifelong Jays fan, the 3 "top" prospects you guys got aren't even close to our top prospects. Thanks, Marlins! :hi5:

I had Le Batard's show on when this story broke and none of them could conceal their disgust. Le Batard called it a betrayal. And Stugotz says "I can't wait to hear Samson try and spin this on the show tomorrow."

I had Le Batard's show on when this story broke and none of them could conceal their disgust. Le Batard called it a betrayal. And Stugotz says "I can't wait to hear Samson try and spin this on the show tomorrow."

It is disgusting. I can't even speak on this without becoming irate. And the reason why I become irate has little to do with the actual deal itself or baseball in general.

Dan is 100% dead on. This is a mega-betrayal. These guys betrayed the great city of Miami and its tax payers who footed 80% of this stadium build. Now it's all for not. Even if Selig steps in and says no dice, the damage is done. Loria and Samson have urinated on the community. The tax paying citizens of Miami-Dade County were hoodwinked into paying for this stadium and weren't even given the option of paying to remodel the Orange Bowl.

Now, we have this gorgeous $515M stadium out in the middle of Little Havana, and nothing to really show for it. All of this baseball stuff is secondary. I love the city of Miami. I love South Florida and this is all heart breaking.

A couple years old, but still funny. The end of this video however is painfully appropriate for Marlins fans and Miami residents in particular.

[video=youtube;zp57N6s9CTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp57N6s9CTE[/video]

ESPN and other pundits couldn't have been more wrong when they thought the Marlins would make the playoffs last year. Now what? I guess the A.L. East got a little more interesting with this trade.

So they got the county to py for a stadium and then proceed to field a payroll that can probably be covered by the revenue sharing they get from the big market's luxury tax. Straight profit son!

makeitrainguys1-1.gif

Seriously though, thas ****ing robbery. If I were a marlins fan or a resident of that county, theres no way I could even go to that stadium just out of principle.

rumors are starting to circle around that the MLB may force Loria to sell the Marlins. It's all premature and just rumors, but there is some talk.

If it were to happen, according to satellite, there are 2 names up to buy the team. One is Mark Cuban (who has been desperately trying to buy a team for a few years), and the other is Mickey Arison (who the other owners would prefer)

Bets part is as a lifelong Jays fan, the 3 "top" prospects you guys got aren't even close to our top prospects. Thanks, Marlins! :hi5:

:lol:

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 PM ----------

Dolphins should do the same thing and move to Alabama!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nobody moves to Alabama willingly.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

“We finished in last place. Figure it out,” a defiant Loria said.
Loria emphatically said he isn’t selling the team.
“Absolutely not,” Loria said. “That’s more stupidity.”
Loria took issue with the coverage and suggested selling the team’s veteran stars was the right course of action.
“We have to get better,” Loria said. “We can’t finish in last place. We finished in last place. That’s unacceptable.”
Meanwhile, the team is reportedly also looking to trade outfielder/first baseman Logan Morrison and starting pitcher Ricky Nolasco, according to Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post:
The Yankees are interested in the 30-year-old Nolasco, reports Erik Boland of Newsday. One player the team almost certainly will not shop is 23-year-old slugger Giancarlo Stanton, according to MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/11/14/marlins-owner-jeffrey-loria-defends-trade/?sct=hp_t2_a7&eref=sihp

Just heard that Selig claims to be reviewing the "trade" but already has established his BS wiggle room by saying he's consulted with several baseball men who think the Marlins got good value in return. What a crock.

My new sig: too subtle?

Back
Top Bottom