Marlins to move D-Willis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins to move D-Willis

If he goes to Seattle it would probably be Willis/Minor Player for Clement/Jones IMO.

Rumor is that they are letting Jones play RF to showcase him to other teams now.

You'd be surprised. Our farm system isn't as bad as most people think.

Who do you have in terms of catchers and centerfielders that could contribute toward the end of this season? Because that's pretty much all we will accept for Willis IMO.

Who do you have in terms of catchers and centerfielders that could contribute toward the end of this season? Because that's pretty much all we will accept for Willis IMO.

Well those two positions are weak on our team as well so I doubt it would go that route. I doubt Posada is going anywhere.

Well those two positions are weak on our team as well so I doubt it would go that route. I doubt Posada is going anywhere.

That's why I say the Yankees probably don't have anything we want as of now unless maybe in a three way trade.

Our pitching has already been hurt and thin....so I don't think we will be trading a pitcher for any less than someone who can come in and help this year and beyond IMO.

That's why I say the Yankees probably don't have anything we want as of now unless maybe in a three way trade.

Our pitching has already been hurt and thin....so I don't think we will be trading a pitcher for any less than someone who can come in and help this year and beyond IMO.

Thats what I was thinking of in the first place, we have some good young pitchers.

Thats what I was thinking of in the first place, we have some good young pitchers.

So do we but they have been injured.....and in the minors we still have good prospects also.

Not to say we wouldn't take pitching, it would just have to come with either a CF of C is all.

i really like D-Willis but i think its time for him to move on. i dont know where hes gonna go but i wish him luck as long as he dosnt play us.

You'd be surprised. Our farm system isn't as bad as most people think.
Actually its stronger then a lot of people want to admit. Baseball America, Keith Law, and many other respected analysts believe its a top ten system, even without Hughes being considered a prospect, but most of the stronger prospects (Tabata, Chamberlain, Betances, etc) are still at the lower levels. However, there is some really solid potential at the lower levels and some nice complimentary talent at the higher levels.

Not sure how I'd feel if he went to Seattle. I think he is really overrated and not sure how well he'd transition to the AL. But Seattle has a pretty bad pitching staff that's been pitching way over their heads so far so he might be able to help them quite a bit.

Willis would be a good fit on an NL team because he is a very good hitter for a pitcher

Back
Top Bottom