Marlins will explore relocation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marlins will explore relocation

I've never really followed the Marlins closely, and I want them out of Dolphins Stadium. But I do feel bad that they weren't able to get a deal done for the new stadium, I wanted them to get one badly. God bless that franchise, they've been spending more than they've been making for years now. Good luck to them, whatever happens.

I was laughing so hard, they were talking about this on ESPN Radio, and this guy calls and says rent in the area is to high, he pays 1200 bucks a month. That's why he does not go to baseball games.

Man, come move up to this area, that will get you a 5 by 5 shed!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I was laughing so hard, they were talking about this on ESPN Radio, and this guy calls and says rent in the area is to high, he pays 1200 bucks a month. That's why he does not go to baseball games.

Man, come move up to this area, that will get you a 5 by 5 shed!
must be a nice shed

wat are the chances of the marlins moving to nj

Baseball has too many teams, they should contract. The expansions they made years ago havent been working out, Florida has had some onthefield success, theyve actually been a great expansion team, but they still cant get public support for a new stadium and have to move. Sad. I root for just about every Florida team so Id like to see a team stay down there but if they move Tampa cant be far behind.

finfansince72 said:
Baseball has too many teams, they should contract. The expansions they made years ago havent been working out, Florida has had some onthefield success, theyve actually been a great expansion team, but they still cant get public support for a new stadium and have to move. Sad. I root for just about every Florida team so Id like to see a team stay down there but if they move Tampa cant be far behind.

Baseball won't contract because thousands of people will lose jobs. Not only ball players but workers that sell hot dogs in the stadium or the beer guys. It'll be hard to do that. But if baseball does decide to do it in my opinion the Devil Rays should go way before the Marlins.

Ray Finkle said:
Baseball won't contract because thousands of people will lose jobs. Not only ball players but workers that sell hot dogs in the stadium or the beer guys. It'll be hard to do that. But if baseball does decide to do it in my opinion the Devil Rays should go way before the Marlins.

Contaction was a possibility. The union took a hard hit with the new "DRUG POLICY" no way will they ever ever ever cave in now on contraction and putting union members out of work on the major league level. That will never happen.

The Marlins are gone!!!!!!! Las Vegas is probably where they will end up. Maybe Memphis. Portland is another possibility. But Vegas is probably it. MLB wants to beat the NBA to that market and this is the team they have pegged.

This really isn't news, its just now coming out to the mainstream more. This has been talked about for a year straight that since the Marlins won't get a new stadium, they are leaving town.

Ray Finkle said:

Given the ever-rising cost of taking a family to a baseball game, I think it's pretty clear that baseball doesn't give a crap about the little guy, so the "collateral" loss of jobs won't enter into the equation.

But contraction is no longer a possibility. For one, they handled it (as Bud Selig usually does) in the most ham-handed way possible when it came up in 2001. The PR hit for bringing it up again is not something they'll want to deal with. For another, the union was vehemently opposed to it the first time, and now that they've caved in big time on the steroid issue, there's no way it'll happen. The union will say (rightly) "we gave a lot of ground on the last big issue that came up, and so you owe us."

It's time they get immediately, it's a joke what they did after '97 and a joke what they are doing now and this franchise has won not 1 but TWO World Championships in their short existence. No one cares about the marlins down there, they can't draw flies, they can't get a new building. The marlins are basically the Devil Rays but w/ 2 Championships.

nyjunc said:
It's time they get immediately, it's a joke what they did after '97 and a joke what they are doing now and this franchise has won not 1 but TWO World Championships in their short existence. No one cares about the marlins down there, they can't draw flies, they can't get a new building. The marlins are basically the Devil Rays but w/ 2 Championships.

The bottom line is the "PERCEPTION" around MLB is no sympathy for the Marlins. Teams like the Cubs, up until recently the Red Sox, the Cardinals, the Giants.......long established franchises in MLB have waited years, decades, longer to sniff one championship!!!! Yet, the Marlins come here overnight, win 2, and can't even get support from the fan base or turn a profit.

MikeO said:
The bottom line is the "PERCEPTION" around MLB is no sympathy for the Marlins. Teams like the Cubs, up until recently the Red Sox, the Cardinals, the Giants.......long established franchises in MLB have waited years, decades, longer to sniff one championship!!!! Yet, the Marlins come here overnight, win 2, and can't even get support from the fan base or turn a profit.

Yeah, it is pretty pathetic that no one will come out. They won it in 2003 and spent in 2004 and 2005 to try to entice people and politicians, but nothing. We need an Arte Moreno to come along, because word is the politicians want a Hispanic owner. This is pathetic.

Charlotte is being looked at as a possible place. There won't be a new stadium built though. Money was just spent to build the Bobcats new arena and they're trying to recruit the Nascar hall of fame. The Bobcats lost the fan vote for the new arena so it had to be built with private funds. The fan support would be very poor here. They'd probably do better in Raleigh if they come to NC.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-112305-jmn-Marlins_to_clt.8aba14.html

Back
Top Bottom