Marx Bros II Could happen Round 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marx Bros II Could happen Round 1

I don't get it.

Clayton and Duper were both named Mark, and the nickname was a play on the black and white era comedy team "the Marx brothers".

They weren't even drafted at the same time.

Can someone explain why this would possibly be a "thing"?
If anything just call them the Alabama gang I’m sure Bobby wouldn’t care.

If we land Waddle and Smith somehow we would be bringing in 2 electric receivers with big play potential. The last time we had such a pairing was back in the Duper, Clayton era. They were really FUN to watch. We brought in weapons for Danny, now we do it for Tua.
But then people would bitch their numbers aren’t high enough...we should have draft player X in the 4th round!!!!

If we take Pitts at 6 then I'd want to move up from 18 for Smith/Waddle. If we take Chase or Smith/Waddle then I'd want to move down from 18 for Edge/Najee.

Won’t happen. I don’t even think we take a WR in the first if we take Pitts

Though I agree that if Miami takes Pitts, they might go a different direction with 18, if either Smith or Waddle are still there when Miami picks again at 18, it could be tough for Grier, or even Defensive minded Flores to pass either up.

I think you have to move to 11. Philly is taking a WR 100%. What does it cost to go from 18 to 11 is the question??
a lot probably but no need to do that. I really like Elijah Moore but I don't see us drafting two WR's in this draft, let alone drafting two in the first round.

I don't get it.

Clayton and Duper were both named Mark, and the nickname was a play on the black and white era comedy team "the Marx brothers".

Some people don't understand that football isn't 11 WR's vs. 11 DB's.

I think you have to move to 11. Philly is taking a WR 100%. What does it cost to go from 18 to 11 is the question??
It will take less to go from 18 to 11 than we;d gain from trading back from 6 a few spots

I don't get it.

Waddle and Smith are both dynamic play makers that remind me of former dynamic play makers that once played in Miami named Mark Duper and Mark Clayton. Smith and Waddle could restore the electric play that the Marx Bros once brought to the Dolphins. I'd like to see the Dolphins give Tua some amazing weapons like the players I mentioned.

Last edited:
Trying not to set myself up for a big let down coach. It's happen before
I just look at it like this - We already have a top 5 defense and lost nobody that's going to hurt that ranking. We can use some things there but we are solid.
I'd like to get not just 1 but 3 Offensive play makers in this draft. Guys like Pitts, Smith, Waddle, Etienne, Harris, the WR Moores. Get me 3 of these guys and I think our Offense can match our defense as a Top 5 offense. Moreover it'll be amazing fun to watch them play for the next decade!

There are lots of talented WR that can be had in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I would like to get Waddle if Pitts is not available. Solidify our RB in the 2nd round with Jevonte Williams. I am not opposed to Harris in the first. The goal should be to give Tua all the tools he needs now, not the next 2 drafts. If possible trade down and collect more 2nd and 3rd picks this year.
I'd love to see Elijah Moore paired up with Smith, Waddle, or Pitts too! Even Rondale Moore would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom