Mathias Kiwanuka or Winston Justice? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathias Kiwanuka or Winston Justice?

Philter25 said:
Wrong forum. Kiwanuka at 16 is a reach and he is a 4-3 DE. Where has he shown he can play the OLB in a 3-4? Does he have experience in coverage?

Eh, that's not really true.

A DE doesnt need experience in coverage to switch to 3-4 OLB. It helps, but there are plenty of guys who have been successful with little to no LB experience. It might take longer, and you might have to assign them limited coverages for a while, but it can do it.

He ran a 4.70 at the combine, had the 2nd best shuttle drill and a middle of the road cone drill. That's not everything, but the physical ability looks fine to me.

I dont know that Miami would draft Kiwanuka in the 1st, though. Saban seems to prefer traditional "big" type OLBs on the weak side. I think Manny Lawson could theoretically be an option, but I think we'd be limited to taking a DE/OLB maybe in the 3rd.

what about Simpson? is he a reach? i really like lawson tho and Jackson possibly but i read is negatives are his attitude to go after the ball and i dont want another chambers type of attitude rather a Booker type. Booker is the ima push you out of my way and get the extra 2 yards like Owens and CC is more of the catch and go if not ima go out of bounce WR. i haven't noticed CC evre try to push for more years or oout power anyone.

I say Justice because he could be an elite player at a position that we need better players at. I think Lawson would be an ok pick but a little high at 16 and the same for Ko Simpson. I would rather trade down and get these type of players.

PassRush said:
Interesting. I was 200% sure Buffalo was foaming at the mouth over Ngata. I will say this, if Buffalo takes Bunkley and Ngata slips to 16(unlikely, I know) Saban will have a very interesting decision to make

I don't think there would be a decision to make! Welcome to Miami Haloi!!!!!!

hey Boomer does your earlier post mean you think Ngata will be there at 16?

Don't see the need for Kiwanuka, not to mention it'd be a reach.

Back
Top Bottom