Matt Roth!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Roth!!!

No, i like pacman because he went to my high school

and i like leftwich because he played for marshall, and i went to that game where he broke his ankle and his linemen were carrying him back to the huddle. and after the game he autographed my leftwich jersey...Pretty nice

Im 16 and ive been a dolphin fan since i was 5. So im no poser

Cedric_Benson said:
No, i like pacman because he went to my high school

and i like leftwich because he played for marshall, and i went to that game where he broke his ankle and his linemen were carrying him back to the huddle. and after the game he autographed my leftwich jersey...Pretty nice

Im 16 and ive been a dolphin fan since i was 5. So im no poser

thats cool man it just sounded like you were buying a jersey for its color
thats all

"I was trying to shed a block and then he grabbed my pads and must have grabbed my facemask on accident. He pulled me to the ground so I threw a punch at him. The next thing I know we’re rolling around. I just grabbed something. I went to yank off his helmet and his facemask  the bolts popped off and off came the facemask,†Roth said while demonstrating the tearing motion he used with his 11-inch hands  third largest at the NFL Scouting Combine.“The rest is history. It popped off pretty easy. I had to sit out a few plays,†he said. “Even afterward me and Gallery were fine. We were laughing about it. It was in good fun.â€Â

Yeah, it’s all fun and games until someone’s facemask gets ripped off.

WOW....haha

Listen to this Roth tale told by the man, the myth himself in the chilly, dimly lit basement of his parents’ sprawling Oak Brook, Ill., home just west of Chicago. This Rothian tale, like so many involving the former Iowa defensive end, takes place on the serene Hawkeyes’ practice fields and involves a Roth vs. Unsuspecting Offensive Lineman showdown.

“Last year (an offensive tackle) that was a junior, we were about to go up and do a pass-rush drill. He got real nervous,†Roth said. “I’m getting down in my stance. They’re about to call the cadence and he passed out. He got so nervous. It was going to be his chance to start that week and then he got a little more nervous when he saw it was me in the pass rush.

I am sorry but that is just bad ***

dolfan005 said:
sorry to make a new thread on this, but i want people to understand how big this pick could be. i live in iowa and have watched this guy for four years...he is an ANIMAL!! his intensity is absolutly unmatched, in senior bowl practices, NO lineman could handle him. he was projected to go at #31 to the colts, but apparently they couldn't pass up the corner they got. i realize DE is far from our biggest need, which may bring some critism to this pick. Also saban played iowa in this years capital one bowl, and just as he said about ronnie im sure much of LSU's film studies were on roth. i was holding my breath for him to drop our pick since the end of the first round and lost it when we landed him. just wanted to give you guys the scoop this kids best attributes are his quckness, and above all his absolute balls to the wall work ethic. one last thing, i know for a fact he wasn't ALLOWED to participate in hitting drills at iowa, because he only has one gear!

go phins!!

Thanks for sharing, great to hear from someone who lives in Iowa and has watched and followed Roth personally. I'm hoping he wins the starting job and comes in makes an immediate impact.

The only problem i see with Roth is that we already have Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday at DE. So im thinking that Roth is going to play OLB. If he does i would be very satisfied with this selection.

Dolfan1000 said:
I remember someone posting about the guy in the Property of the Miami Dolphins jersey but I didnt remember it was ROTH!!

That is actually AMAZING!

I believe the comment at the time was "no way could we get him."

Probably because we didn't have a #2 then, but even then I don't think we could have predicted him falling that far.

lordlegel said:
The only problem i see with Roth is that we already have Jason Taylor, Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday at DE. So im thinking that Roth is going to play OLB. If he does i would be very satisfied with this selection.

Reading what people who know Saban's system some, it seems that like Wansteadt likes cornerbacks, and Bellicheck loves linebackers Saban loves defensive ends.

im thrilled to see all the posative thoughts on roth...when do y'all thing jerseys will be available...again im from iowa and have no choice but to by a roth jersey and as ashamed as i am to admit it, this will be only my second, the other is ole #13

Anyone else think that with the choice of Roth we will say adios to D. Bowens and save the 1.9 mil. in cap money!!

Back
Top Bottom