Maybe John Tait at RT for the Fins!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe John Tait at RT for the Fins!!!

interesting...i like that idea even better now!!!

I have stated that the best thing to do on the QB side in the offseason is to sign Brunell and draft a young QB if one is available...I think Fiedler and Griese are all done in Miami...I don't know if you read any of my previous posts but I hope for Brunell in Miami.

Now if we can sign John Tait...Brunell would even make more sense!!!

But the key is getting John Tait. Regardless if we do or don't get Brunell...which I hope we do...I still would like to see John Tait in Miami...he would be an upgrade from Todd Wade.

Originally posted by Al13
yeah, bring in brunell and he is our LT
i am sorry to disagree with you but no to brunell would be smart.i personally do not want him here he is less mobile than brian griese and has lost his job to a rookie no thank you.

While I agree with Jackson in that we need a big, physical OL like Philly's, our offensive line did a bang-up job Monday night. I guess what I'm saying is, Jackson would have better served to use that line after any of our 13 other games.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
i am sorry to disagree with you but no to brunell would be smart.i personally do not want him here he is less mobile than brian griese and has lost his job to a rookie no thank you.

To be less mobile than Griese he'd have to be part tree.

dont get me wrong he was very mobile years ago but that is they key YEARS AGO.

Yeah, I know he's got old wheels but, he hasn't grown roots. ;)

Didn't Brunell lose his job due to injury? Leftwich has been decent this year I guess, but Jacksonville's record wouldn't reflect that.

Elbow injury. And he wasn't playing badly. But everyone was clamoring for Leftwich anyway. And they had plans to play him, since it was a bad year to begin with. Plus, Brunell was without Jimmy Smith (who was serving that 4 game cocaine suspension). So his receiving corps was pretty much non-existent.

Brunell will be 34 next year. Older, but Brad Johnson is 35 and still kicking butt. So success isn't out of the realm of possibility. I wouldn't mind Brunell holding the fort while a youngin' sits behind him and learns.

well if he was hurt then im sure he would have gotten his job back after he was better but he did not so..............

well if he was hurt then im sure he would have gotten his job back after he was better but he did not so..............

Not necessarily. Leftwich is the future of that franchise. And Brunell has been battling with management. They tried to trade him in late August (most notably to the Jets). And when that failed, he was told that he'd be gone after this season. They're starting fresh THIS season.

Also, David Garrard wants outta there as well. He knows he'll never get a shot behind Leftwich. And he wants a chance to make noise. Looked pretty damn good against us in preseason. Big, strong arm, athletic, mobile. I think consistency is the question mark with him. But he's never really gotten a shot. So....

Originally posted by Muck

Not necessarily. Leftwich is the future of that franchise. And Brunell has been battling with management. He was told that he'd be gone after this season to begin with. They're starting fresh THIS season.

Also, David Garrard wants outta there as well. He knows he'll never get a shot behind Leftwich. And he wants a chance to make noise. Looked pretty damn good against us in preseason. Big, strong arm, athletic, mobile. I think consistency is the question mark with him. But he's never really gotten a shot. So....
but muck would you not want someone like warner who has proven he is a gunslinger and a winner than someone with knee braces on both legs? i know kurt is almost the same age as brunell but if we improve our o-line than someone like kurt would be a great fit.neither one is mobile but if warner could stay healthy and play like he did from 99-01 we would be unstopable.

Kurt Warner played behind a good O-Line with possibly the best LT in the league in Pace and Kurt has stunk it up badly!!!

Back
Top Bottom