Maybe John Tait at RT for the Fins!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe John Tait at RT for the Fins!!!

Man, when jacksonville drafted Leftwich, everyone in the NFL knew that Mark Brunell was in for a lame duck season. If you were the jags, why would you start Brunell over Lefty if Brunell was the better qb? Simple... Brunell is a goner

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
Kurt Warner played behind a good O-Line with possibly the best LT in the league in Pace and Kurt has stunk it up badly!!!
he has stunk it up because he has been hurt? as i recall when he was healthy he went to 2 super bowls and won 1.

34 is NOT too old for a QB. Its not like a WR or a RB where they get a lot of contact every play. A QB is not hit as often as other positions. A QB can be productive into their late 30's, so enough of this Mark Brunell is too old nonsense. That is an absolutely rediculous excuse to not sign Mark Brunell. The guy has a rocket arm, pinpoint accuracy, and since he is left-handed, it takes pressure off of Wade Smith. If we sign John Tait along with Mark Brunell, we have the makings of a very productive offense......

I'd like to know what's up with Warner's hand. Is it permanently damaged?? If he's ok, then yes.....how could you not want a gunner like Warner?? He'll certainly be in the mix this offseason.

One thing I can think of in Warner's defense is that Mike Martz rarely gives him the run support he needs. When Bulger gets in there, they run the ball a lot more. I posted something about this a few months back (with stats). Maybe I'll dig it up tonight. But you look at the one game Warner played this year (at NYG), and the you notice that St. Louis ran the ball a whopping 12 times that day....while Warner played with a concussion and threw 54 passes.

At halftime, it's 13-3....Warner has a concussion....and Martz decides it's time to give up on the run. 8 times was enough in the first half. They run the ball a 4 times in the 2nd half and lose 23-13.

But in my post, I went thru all their games. So I'll look at that later. But at any rate, Ricky Williams would certainly help out Warner.

Isn't Warner still under contract with the Rams as of now? Ive heard from a few Rams fans that cutting Warner really wont help their cap situation, like the deal for us concerning Fletcher

Originally posted by Bazinet37
34 is NOT too old for a QB. Its not like a WR or a RB where they get a lot of contact every play. A QB is not hit as often as other positions. A QB can be productive into their late 30's, so enough of this Mark Brunell is too old nonsense. That is an absolutely rediculous excuse to not sign Mark Brunell. The guy has a rocket arm, pinpoint accuracy, and since he is left-handed, it takes pressure off of Wade Smith. If we sign John Tait along with Mark Brunell, we have the makings of a very productive offense......

I agree with alot of what you're saying here. The question I have about Brunell is how much has his body broken down....and how much his skills have regressed. I really don't know the answer to that. But as Mark Dixon said, guys get old quick in this league. So we'll see.

Originally posted by 54OrangeCrush99
Isn't Warner still under contract with the Rams as of now? Ive heard from a few Rams fans that cutting Warner really wont help their cap situation, like the deal for us concerning Fletcher

Warner is under contract thru 2005. What the Rams want to do is restructure him and then trade him.

Originally posted by Muck
I'd like to know what's up with Warner's hand. Is it permanently damaged?? If he's ok, then yes.....how could you not want a gunner like Warner?? He'll certainly be in the mix this offseason.

One thing I can think of in Warner's defense is that Mike Martz rarely gives him the run support he needs. When Bulger gets in there, they run the ball a lot more. I posted something about this a few months back (with stats). Maybe I'll dig it up tonight. But you look at the one game Warner played this year (at NYG), and the you notice that St. Louis ran the ball a whopping 12 times that day....while Warner played with a concussion and threw 54 passes.

At halftime, it's 13-3....Warner has a concussion....and Martz decides it's time to give up on the run. 8 times was enough in the first half. They run the ball a 4 times in the 2nd half and lose 23-13.

But in my post, I went thru all their games. So I'll look at that later. But at any rate, Ricky Williams would certainly help out Warner.
you are 100% correct ricky would take alot of pressure off of warner and since we are a running offense then the offense would be more focused around ricky than warner.and if he is healthy and there are no problems with the hand it is a no brainer warner over brunell.

oh i gotcha, im just wondering how far his number will go down. It wont drop to backup numbers, because he will have another shot to start in this league

I'd take Brunell (with a John Tait) if the phins had an eventual replacement (young draftey). However would Brunell really take that again? I still see a team or two that would risk signing him to a 3-4 year contract.

John Tait would be great if we can afford him. I'd still like us to sign a guard and still spend a couple picks on the offensive line. We need a line that can push a defense back a yard or two. Not the other way around.

Warner has had obvious problems with his throwing hand the last 2 seasons. Brunell has been much better than Warner the last 2 seasons, especially in the TD/INT ratio (+12 Brunell, -8 Warner). Brunell's only a year older than Warner, and I think at this point a much less gamble. Remember, the Rams had 3 very good WRs and Marshall Faulk in his prime when Warner was going to SBs. I think its a nobrainer to take Brunell given the current circumstances.

Warner would be a terrible choice. he only reason the guy did well is because he was surrounded by the best supporting cast in the NFL. Faulk Holt Bruce Pace at the time Az Hakim was the 3rd option. He was simply put with the best paople surrounding him. I think Griese or Fiedler would have went to superbowls with them. For instance who is Marc Bulger, well everyone knows cause he was plugged into the Rams team and system. Brunell isnt too old or too slow he was actually playing very well before the Jags new they had no shot and plugged in Leftwich.

In three games this year Brunnel had a 60% completion percentage.....2 Tds and 0 ints.....an 89 QBR

Last year a 58%cp.....17 Tds-7 ints......86 QBR

Back
Top Bottom