Maybe McMichael should get a new deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe McMichael should get a new deal

While not starting or getting many or basically any looks, Lee has 7 receptions for an average of a little over 15 yds per catch, and 1 TD (half as many as Randy which would have had 3 if he did not slap it to a defender in the endzone). With RW, CC, DB and RMM, Lee will not get hardly any chances either...

Don't have anything against RMM, but he needs to earn his money and Lee, IMO has a chance of proving himself with better blocking skills than RMM...

Maybe you can get sunday nfl ticket and see these other guys play. You barely know Randy Mc Michael before he came into the nfl. I'm a florida state fan, I always thought he was a great player but his blocking was horrible. He has decent blocking but never ever go as far as comparing him to the way shockey blocks or Shannon Sharpe specially. As a matter of fact, shockey spent his first 4 games in the nfl blocking mostly and I saw him play in those other games. We are not talking about what he did in college we are talking about how he's playing with the big guys.

You can go ahead and say Randy blocks better than them. When he hasn't even seen a pro bowl in his career. Shockey is a what? Two time pro bowl already lol. :rolleyes:

Jr, I guess you can say that Shockey is what RMM wishes to be, so he then can ask for his money.

KBISBACK said:
This idea that McMichael can't block only proves that those with this opinion don't pay attention to what actually happens on the field. They instead stick with the scouting reports of the player when they come out of college.

Randy McMichael is a fundamentally sound and effective blocker. He's a better blocker right now than Shannon Sharpe has ever been, and he's also a better blocker than Jeremy Shockey at this point as well.

Completely agree. I think perhaps people are stuck with the image of his whiff on Rodney Harrison near the goalline up in Foxboro, which effectively ended the game.

I see Randy make all kinds of good blocks. He's not Hunter Goodwin. But he's willing and able.

I agree with an earlier post, Miami has other priorities like Chambers & O-gun. McMichael will just need to wait for his

Muck said:
Completely agree. I think perhaps people are stuck with the image of his whiff on Rodney Harrison near the goalline up in Foxboro, which effectively ended the game.

I see Randy make all kinds of good blocks. He's not Hunter Goodwin. But he's willing and able.

Stay on the topic :) , nobody is stuck with the image of harrison being pummeled by Ricky Williams. Rodney Harrison has been a solid and an outstanding contributor at his position for quite some time. Randy McMichael has not been voted to the Pro Bowl, while the honor means nothing to you people or anyone it is an honor for a player to make it. Randy is a decent blocker and you know it. Going as far as saying that he's as good of a blocker like Shockey or Sharpe is just an insult to those players. Specially when these players have such high work ethics and they work their *** off on the field and also their mouths. :cool:

"Randy McMichael is a fundamentally sound and effective blocker. He's a better blocker right now than Shannon Sharpe has ever been, and he's also a better blocker than Jeremy Shockey at this point as well."

That is a ridiculous comment. Shannon Sharpe is almost near retirement and he's playing in a higher level that Randy has yet to see. He also takes care of his body in the weight room.

juniorseau55 said:
Stay on the topic :) , nobody is stuck with the image of harrison being pummeled by Ricky Williams. Rodney Harrison has been a solid and an outstanding contributor at his position for quite some time. Randy McMichael has not been voted to the Pro Bowl, while the honor means nothing to you people or anyone it is an honor for a player to make it. Randy is a decent blocker and you know it.

What does Ricky Williams have to do with anything?? :confused:

Randy missed a block on Harrison at the 12 (?) yard line, causing a sack and fumble by Fiedler, effectively ending the game.

And what does the Pro Bowl have to do with Randy being a good blocker?? It is completely out of left field (common theme here). Yeah, it means jack to me because it's a popularity contest determined by the fans.....which is why the players are honored by it (not to mention the money they collect for making it). Brock Marion's been going to Pro Bowls the last few years. You gonna tell me he's been better at his position than McMichael or Chambers?? How about Mike Alstott making Pro Bowls every year when he can't block his way out of a paper bag??

Randy's a good blocker. Not great. But he gets the job done. I watch the games bro. :cool:

Muck said:

Randy missed a block on Harrison at the 12 (?) yard line, causing a sack and fumble by Fiedler, effectively ending the game.

And what does the Pro Bowl have to do with Randy being a good blocker?? It is completely out of left field (common theme here). Yeah, it means jack to me because it's a popularity contest determined by the fans.....which is why the players are honored by it (not to mention the money they collect for making it). Brock Marion's been going to Pro Bowls the last few years. You gonna tell me he's been better at his position than McMichael or Chambers?? How about Mike Alstott making Pro Bowls every year when he can't block his way out of a paper bag??

Randy's a good blocker. Not great. But he gets the job done. I watch the games bro. :cool:

I watch the games too :) I been watching Randy for a long time. Sorry about the misunderstanding you didn't make it clear about the Harrison thing. In recent memory when someone talks about harrison all I can think of is Ricky in the past charger game in 2002 outrunning him for a td. And the pro bowl isn't just a popularity contest, that is your opinion. Players work their *** off to be in the center of stardom. Most players goal is to make it into the pro bowl. Think about it, only a few are selected out of the league and those are the best athletes in the league.

As for Brock Marion, he has made plays on the field in defense for a while for us. In the past couple of months I have heard nothing but flames of brock marion in this forum. While going to the pro bowl has caught me a bit offguard, I think he deserved his trip to hawaii. He's been doing this for a long time. Mc Michael and Chambers barely came into the league 3 years ago and they have talent ahead of him to push them harder to become great players but their improvement on the field has been slower than i thought.

Muck said:

I'm still trying to figure out what being a FSU fan has to do with any of this......
Maybe you can get sunday nfl ticket and see these other guys play. You barely know Randy Mc Michael before he came into the nfl. I'm a florida state fan, I always thought he was a great player but his blocking was horrible.

Wow I didnt realize that starting this thread would cause such a commotion, I just did some research and thought I would share my thoughts. I know that McMichael should honor his rookie deal, BUT if the FO can get a long term deal done in the one million dollar range it would be better now rather than to wait and him possibly have a great year. To get there without going into the cap room we already have all it woud take is to trim the fat on the OL. Guys we have 12 signed right now not including our draft picks, Im all for competition but 15 OL is a little overkill.

juniorseau55 said:
You have a Habit for sending personal attacks and coward insults. PM me with the real meaning of your comment ;).
Actually, it's not a habit. I have to hold back a lot when I read your posts. I'm not the only one that feels that way. I'll just leave it at that.

The fact is i agree he should honor his deal. Then we should pay him his value if it high ? the contract will reflect that.Dolfanreal69

Back
Top Bottom