Maybe McMichael should get a new deal | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe McMichael should get a new deal

juniorseau55 said:
I watch the games too :) I been watching Randy for a long time. Sorry about the misunderstanding you didn't make it clear about the Harrison thing. In recent memory when someone talks about harrison all I can think of is Ricky in the past charger game in 2002 outrunning him for a td.

I love it. And I automatically think of the same thing too. :)

And the pro bowl isn't just a popularity contest, that is your opinion.

Last I checked, the fans vote counts for 1/3 in the final tally of determining who gets in. :) I know what you mean though. I'm just saying that any 8-year old kid who has a favorite player (be it a backup or not) can have a say in who goes to the Pro Bowl. And that knocks its validity in my book. Heck, the NFL's best RB with the most impressive numbers didn't make it last year (Ladanian Tomlinson). But Ruben Brown did.

As for Brock Marion, he has made plays on the field in defense for a while for us. In the past couple of months I have heard nothing but flames of brock marion in this forum. While going to the pro bowl has caught me a bit offguard, I think he deserved his trip to hawaii. He's been doing this for a long time.

I don't think that past accomplishments should determine who gets honored as the best of the best in a year-to-year award system. While every system has it's flaws and misses, I think the All-Pro team hits much closer to the bullseye than the Pro Bowl.

Last edited by a moderator:
KBISBACK said:
This idea that McMichael can't block only proves that those with this opinion don't pay attention to what actually happens on the field. They instead stick with the scouting reports of the player when they come out of college.

Randy McMichael is a fundamentally sound and effective blocker. He's a better blocker right now than Shannon Sharpe has ever been, and he's also a better blocker than Jeremy Shockey at this point as well.

Well I have my doubts about how good a blocker he is. Remember the New England game back in december. When it was 3-0 and fiedler was like in the New England 20th Yard. And we were at least gonna tie and we had a LOT of momentum going.

Then Fiedler get's sacked and fumbles the ball. Well McMichael sissed the assignment. He even addmited that he was supposed to help block the guy.

I know, I know It's only one instance but I've read that he missed the some blocks during the season.

lereux said:
I know, I know It's only one instance but I've read that he missed the some blocks during the season.

I am not the biggest fan of McMichael, but EVERYONE in the NFL that blocks for the QB missed some blocks last year. There isnt a player in the league that I know of that went the whole year without missing some blocks. McMichaels problem was that he missed the one that really hurt the team, every sack that is recorded in the NFL is due to a missed block. McMichael is a decent blocker the problem is that his mistakes were magnified due to the timing.

Fins2theend said:
I am not the biggest fan of McMichael, but EVERYONE in the NFL that blocks for the QB missed some blocks last year. There isnt a player in the league that I know of that went the whole year without missing some blocks. McMichaels problem was that he missed the one that really hurt the team, every sack that is recorded in the NFL is due to a missed block. McMichael is a decent blocker the problem is that his mistakes were magnified due to the timing.

Mc Michaels problem is that he was exposed to his mediocre average blocking at best when he failed to make a read at a crucial time.

juniorseau55 said:
Mc Michaels problem is that he was exposed to his mediocre average blocking at best when he failed to make a read at a crucial time.

Exactly he failed to make the correct read at a crucial time but lets not forget he was only in his second year and thus is due a few mistakes. This one was magnified by its timing, but if he was such a poor blocker you would be able to give more than one example of inability to block. So until you can give me another example I will stand by my comment that he is a decent blocker. Most fans that dont pay attention only notice a player when he does something either bad or spectacular. Thus thinking that he is bad because of one critical mistake, the same can be said about Smith last year. While he did have problems on several occasions, for the most part he was a serviceable player particularly for a rookie.

juniorseau55 said:
You my friend are more wrong than anyone that has posted in this board. First of all, Randy McMichael will forever wish to block as well as Shockey. Shockey can block and catch and it seems that you seen him play no more than once and even in that game I can gurantee you that he overpowered whicheve linebacker he had on his face. Shannon Sharpe? How do you think he is who he is today? He started off solid blocking and great special teams play then moved up to the starting roster at tight end and dominated for years.

Now, I have seen all these players play in college for the exception of Shannon Sharpe. Randy McMichael does not block well enough or consistent enough and is often overpowered in the line. Please don't pull any comments out of your piehole, I see too much of this in all the boards. Crank up some dolphin tapes and watch them carefully. However I think his blocking is well enough to serve a platter of food. However don't compare it with the blocking of much stronger guys than him.

I've seen lots of people wronger than him.

Back
Top Bottom