Maybe Now a Rivers Trade Can Happen... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Now a Rivers Trade Can Happen...

Noodle Arm said:
Well not too sure about that but he will be a steal for you guys. Also Sproles should help you out as a change of pace back and return man.

yeah, Im looking to see what Sproles can do. Cam Cameron loves to run I form, split back sets...it would be interesting to see a split back set, fake screen to the left to LT...but actually its going screen left to that little rabbit Sproles.

Agreed on the return comment. I like Tim Dwight, but man, was he a "HEAT SEEKING RETURN MAN."

L.T.21 said:
yeah, Im looking to see what Sproles can do. Cam Cameron loves to run I form, split back sets...it would be interesting to see a split back set, fake screen to the left to LT...but actually its going screen left to that little rabbit Sproles.

Agreed on the return comment. I like Tim Dwight, but man, was he a "HEAT SEEKING RETURN MAN."
Dwight could never stay healthy.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Dwight could never stay healthy.

B/C he's a heat seeking missle, as in, let me run into the LB who's twice my size and throw my body against his...:)

PHYSICS TIM, PHYICS!

L.T.21 said:
B/C he's a heat seeking missle, as in, let me run into the LB who's twice my size and throw my body against his...:)

PHYSICS TIM, PHYICS!
Where is the first defensive player, let me hit him, and be done!:roflmao:

Fin Fan in Cali said:
Where is the first defensive player, let me hit him, and be done!:roflmao:

On top of that, the dude suffered a collapsed lung and still played..I was always keen in watching him during returns just in case his lung popped out so I could catch it.

The dude has got cajones though..everytime he got wallopped, I kept saying, TIM--wedge is not there..GO DOWN!!! FOR GOD's SAKE I LOVE THE EFFORT, BUT GO DOWN!!! He never listens so.. TIM meet LB---BANG.

finfansince72 said:
Rivers is better than Rodgers. Rivers would have probaly been the top pick in this draft if he was in it. He certainly wouldnt have gone in the 20's. How do u know what the Chargers GM thinks? He gave the kid a boatload of money and drafted him early I dont understand your point about him not thinking he is worth the money. The plan was to let Brees go as a freeagent/trade him and to start Rivers this year, but with Brees playing like an allpro last year he did the intelligent thing and kept him. Doesnt mean he doesnt want Rivers or that he doesnt think he is a franchise talent. Just means he wasnt willing to take a step back and thrown an unproven talent in there when Brees took the team to the playoffs.
Im not for trading a ton of picks or mortgaging the future for Rivers but if a fair deal could be reached for him id be all for it. He's a legit talent, Feeley is questionable-at best. It would upgrade the talent at the position thats for sure.

I've seen it on TV more than once by people like John Clayton and at least one other that have said they think Brees is their preference to be the franchise QB for the chargers. He drafted Rivers to help Schotty out before he knew what he had in Brees.

I can see your point about Rivers being better than this year's QB's, but he's still not worth busting our cap for.

Calgaryfin said:
Rohan Davey is an UFA next year. That's how much time AJ has to produce or get jetisoned before his bonus kicks in next year. Rohan is the man we ain't drafting no QB.:shakeno:

Rohan Davey? Former Pats QB?

No offense, I cant tell if you're being sarcastic or not???? Please clarify.

If the truth be known. The Chargers are not convinced that last year wasn't a fluke for Brees. He had a great season. I think the Chargers want to see if he can repeat or improve what he did last year. Meanwhile Rivers gets to wait. Who knows maybe Rivers out plays him at training camp this summer.

This thread is meant as a joke about the Chargers taking Rix. It has turned into a joke about the Dolphins wasting their time with Rohan Davey, another career 2nd-3rd stringer, rather than going after a true franchise QB. Miami has GOT to quit going after castoffs at QB and get OUR guy in here for a career rather than checking cut lists.

Trade for Rivers or Ramsey... or Leinart or Smith or someone. Hello???

Draft Leinart or Whitehurst

GET OUR OWN QB and PAY THE PRICE!!!! :yell:

L.T.21 said:
Thanks..you guys did awesome as well! NOW BRING IN AS MANY OFFENSIVE LINEMAN IN CAMP and let Hudson weed them out.

Remember this name: Vincent Jackson. He will be more productive than Braylon Edwards--YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

I may not have went as far as saying better than Edwards, but I've been talking up Jackson for quite a while! His stock was on the serious RISE, when the Senior Bowl set him back.

He has great size, and is real fast, and has EXCELLENT hands. His only knock is his route running, and that can be fixed with good coaching. He can be, if he wants, the best Wr in the draft....

Ozzy said:
I may not have went as far as saying better than Edwards, but I've been talking up Jackson for quite a while! His stock was on the serious RISE, when the Senior Bowl set him back.

He has great size, and is real fast, and has EXCELLENT hands. His only knock is his route running, and that can be fixed with good coaching. He can be, if he wants, the best Wr in the draft....

I hope our WR coach JAMES LOFTON can help him out:) I have route for him..

VJ--RUN STRAIGHT AND FAST, HAVE THAT SAFETY COME TO YOU. Gates, do your thing, Keenan run a crisp route, oh yeah, that RB, he pretty good.

By picking up Brown, your Fins now have the ability to shift him as a slot receiver...that boy has got some hands.

dolphingator said:
This thread is meant as a joke about the Chargers taking Rix. It has turned into a joke about the Dolphins wasting their time with Rohan Davey, another career 2nd-3rd stringer, rather than going after a true franchise QB. Miami has GOT to quit going after castoffs at QB and get OUR guy in here for a career rather than checking cut lists.

Trade for Rivers or Ramsey... or Leinart or Smith or someone. Hello???

Draft Leinart or Whitehurst

GET OUR OWN QB and PAY THE PRICE!!!! :yell:

I think Feeley will surprise you this year.

Back
Top Bottom