Maybe Now a Rivers Trade Can Happen... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe Now a Rivers Trade Can Happen...

Ohio Fanatic said:
I've seen it on TV more than once by people like John Clayton and at least one other that have said they think Brees is their preference to be the franchise QB for the chargers. He drafted Rivers to help Schotty out before he knew what he had in Brees.

I can see your point about Rivers being better than this year's QB's, but he's still not worth busting our cap for.

Would it bust our cap or SD's, both? Im not sure, Im not a number cruncher. I agree that busting our cap isnt smart, we can wait for one of them next year or go in another direction when Feeley doesnt work out. I agree that San Diego probaly wants to keep Brees longterm, unless he has a terrible year or something. SD really has to make up their mind the next offseason, I can't see Rivers just sitting behind Brees for years on end even at the money he makes, he's got to want a starting job soon. Its going to be a interesting offseason for them next year, theres no question one of them is going next offseason. Good problem to have. I wish we had 2 talented Qbs that could start and had to chose. :shakeno:

Rivers would be a waste if we traded alot for him...We could probobly get brees for cheaper cause he didnt have a top 5 tag...and Brees has already had a pro bowl year and is still young

L.T.21 said:
I hope our WR coach JAMES LOFTON can help him out:) I have route for him..

VJ--RUN STRAIGHT AND FAST, HAVE THAT SAFETY COME TO YOU. Gates, do your thing, Keenan run a crisp route, oh yeah, that RB, he pretty good.

By picking up Brown, your Fins now have the ability to shift him as a slot receiver...that boy has got some hands.

The Chargers are going to be a team to reckon with in 2005, no doubt.

As for Brown, if he is having a good day running, and teams line up to stop him, they, as you said, can line him up in the slot, or they can put him outside. He has the speed to go deep, or cut off his routes. That's being versitile. I love it.

Believe it or not, I said it a few times before the draft, that my ideal day would start out with Brown, then Vincent Jackson...

Can't win them all. ;)

I'll take Brees too. Whichever one they want to move. He's still young enough to be the guy we can keep for years. Come on Saban and spend the $$$ to get the guy who solves QB for years, that is the smart thing to do. We need OUR guy, not the collection of castoffs wannabe and now Saban are saddling us with.

Trade for Rivers, Brees, Ramsey... whoever. :yell:

dolphingator said:
I'll take Brees too. Whichever one they want to move. He's still young enough to be the guy we can keep for years. Come on Saban and spend the $$$ to get the guy who solves QB for years, that is the smart thing to do. We need OUR guy, not the collection of castoffs wannabe and now Saban are saddling us with.

Trade for Rivers, Brees, Ramsey... whoever. :yell:

The Dolphins have their guy for this year, and like it or not, that's the bottom line.

You have no clue as to whats good in a coaches eye, so instead of complaining about it, get back to your recruits at the University of Pitt.......Dave...

Back
Top Bottom