Maybe this is why we didn't draft Foster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe this is why we didn't draft Foster

This is the same information as before its just a few posters on here weren't willing to listen to since they locked onto Foster as their guy. Quite frankly his medical wasn't the biggest concern to me it was the getting kicked out of the combine, failing the drug test, and not listening to your coach (Saban) that concerned me the most.

This is the same information as before its just a few posters on here weren't willing to listen to since they locked onto Foster as their guy. Quite frankly his medical wasn't the biggest concern to me it was the getting kicked out of the combine, failing the drug test, and not listening to your coach (Saban) that concerned me the most.

Good catch, this isn't new news. It was a concern at the combine, and became bigger when they couldn't get a physical because he went psycho. This guy has more warning signs than a carton of cigarettes. His wondelic, auburn tattoo, failed drug test, beet up a nurse, shoulder problems, undersized for his position... I'm very happy with our two time captain of Ohio St, who has done everything right. Raekwon "the chef" Macmillan.

OTOH, with a Wonderlic 9, nearly in Vince Young territory, would Foster even be able to find his way down to SoBe? Or his way back for that matter :idk:

Wonderlic tests aren't he best tests to judge someone by?.. Marino only had a very low 16 and was just fine...

That's one of the problems that we have as fans, we just don't have the same access to medical information that the teams do. It can really throw off projections when it turns out a players injury is much more serious than we were led on to believe. If Foster's shoulder is as bad as they are making it out to be then it probably was the right decision to pass especially considering the guy we got in the 2nd round.

Have to agree with you. Of course, health is a concern too, but adding that to the aforementioned other problems vs. no problems with McMillan and close to same ability, makes it an easy choice for Miami. Just fortunate that he was there for our pick. Also have to take into account other teams were passing on Foster as well, including teams that conducted interviews with him. Maybe his interviews and visits caused teams to think twice about drafting him.

Man I loved watching him play in college and was definitely excited about the possibility about him being a Dolphin but there have been SO MANY red flags that there is just no way we could have used our first round pick on him. We had too many needs and I really like the idea of Inspectah Deck er I mean Raekwon coming in to bully the LB spot in the 2nd rd

Obviously there are issues with Foster and I don't buy for a minute San Fran considering him with the 3rd pick.
Most NFL teams do their due diligence on top prospects prior to the draft and he evidently scared the majority of teams off.
The shoulder issue is the most glaring and it's a big issue considering his playing style. That is compounded by his weight when he showed up at the combine (228 lbs). Then to top it off he has the diluted sample. There was also an article I read several weeks before the draft (a positive article on Foster) where it stated that he was a visual learner i.e. Put him on the field and tell him what his keys are and he can do it. However, he had trouble grasping concepts with film study and play books. That to me would be a problem playing for a cerebral guy like Gase and playing against cerebral guys like Brady and BB.
Overall, I think RM will have a better career as he has a higher ceiling due to his relatively young age (20) and his size.

i just took a sample wonderlic. it is not like an iq test. with only 14 seconds to answer a question, if you get stumped on a question, it can throw off your timing for rest of quiz and leave unanswered question. this will ruin your score. also there is a huge difference between ease of questions imo. so one person could get a lot of hard questions compared to another. but with that being said, most of the players should have time to prep for test which would help a lot.

Back
Top Bottom