Mayock On Smythe And Ballage | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayock On Smythe And Ballage

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
▪ NFL Network’s Mike Mayock: “When you talk about run-blocking tight ends, Durham Smythe focused on that in his career. 6-5, 253. I thought he was was underutilized as a pass receiver. I think he’s actually a better pass receiver than people give him credit for. Will go to the ground to catch it. You can line him up in-line or H-back, and he can block people.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article210057739.html

▪ Mayock: “This is a big great looking athlete. I call this potential vs. production. Everyone talks about his eight TDs in one game [2016 against Texas Tech]. I don’t really care about that game. That game means nothing to me in the overall evaluation. At end of day, he is 228 pound finesse back. Had a really good Senior Bowl week. A guy named Demario Richard really kind of beat him out for the first and second down role. What you are getting is a ton of upside but you need more consistency. He needs to be more consistently physical.”
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article210057739.html

My thoughts also. Ballage has talent, but his tape is disappointing and leaves me upset that he does not optimize his God-Given talent

Ballage will be fine. He's not being asked to be a bell cow back. Get some tough yards that Drake might not be able to get and maybe carry the ball 10 to 15 times per game. With his linebacker background he should be a beast on special teams.

We have a good running back coach. Let’s see what he can do.

The guy has the size, speed, and the ability to catch.

From the games I’ve watched, ballage was not afraid to run through people. I didn’t see a finesse back at all

From the games I’ve watched, ballage was not afraid to run through people. I didn’t see a finesse back at all

I thought same thing, he lowered shoulder and would not run out of bounds. Keep in mind I was viewing a highlight video, but still he looks solid to me.

Ballage looks like a beast of a RB, AP type frame. Perfect complement to Drake. Both of these picks will be contributors!

Almost every draft pick has **** they need to work on. Even the “elite” players have weaknesses.

Can’t wait until TC to see how these guys perform.

The guy will play with a chip on his shoulder which is a good thing. I see more power than he's been given credit for. He should be able to learn some stuff from Gore. Smythe was one of my favorite player in this draft. Great blocker and I saw him at the senior bowl he was catching everything in the drills

Almost every draft pick has **** they need to work on. Even the “elite” players have weaknesses.

Can’t wait until TC to see how these guys perform.
In the movie Draft Day, Kevin Costner says every QB has a "thing", like they said Montana was too small. He said the FO needs to find out what that "thing" is and find out if it matters.

In the movie Draft Day, Kevin Costner says every QB has a "thing", like they said Montana was too small. He said the FO needs to find out what that "thing" is and find out if it matters.
Dont want to sound rude, but who gives a crap about what Kevin Costner had to say in one of the shittiest movies of the last decade...?

Dont want to sound rude, but who gives a crap about what Kevin Costner had to say in one of the ****tiest movies of the last decade...?

Ha I liked the movie outside of the ridiculous 3 first rounders crap. If they had made that part more realistic the movie would have been a lot better.

Back
Top Bottom