Mayock On Smythe And Ballage | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayock On Smythe And Ballage

Ballage is worth taking a chance on if he can live up to his full potential. Either way, RBs aren't hard to find so he isn't going to make or break the team if he ends up a bust and he will have time to develop behind Drake and Gore.

Smythe is one of those players that will contribute to the team for years just by blocking alone.

Benjamin Albright tweeted that RB coach Eric Studesville watched Ballage in high school and kept tabs on him ever since.

Coach Studesville wanted him on the team.

The thing about Ballage that has me excited is what he did during Senior Bowl week and the game itself. Chris Grier mentioned that in talking about Ballage. With solid pro coaching, Ballage, displayed a more desisive running style in that game. He looked fanastic. If Miami’s RB coach likes him enough to get Mami to draft him, I’m good. There is a very big upside with this kid. But at the very least he’ll give you kick off and third down possibilities. I think Studsville gets the best out if Ballege. I thought, it was Rich Eisen who said, “Imagine teaming him with Kenyon Drake, Oh My Gosh”, to me, they see the potential.

Ballage will be fine. He's not being asked to be a bell cow back. Get some tough yards that Drake might not be able to get and maybe carry the ball 10 to 15 times per game. With his linebacker background he should be a beast on special teams.

He'll be lucky to get 5 carries a game this season
that would leave 9 carries each for Grant and Gore per game
if you go by our 360 runs last season(last in the NFL)

Hopefully we can run the ball much more
(plus Tannehill's passing increase in 1st downs) and everyone
gets a piece of the pie with more carries for everyone

All I expect is a special teams player and maybe 3rd down
a few snaps per game...not much more this season
but next season things might change drastically with Gore gone

In the movie Draft Day, Kevin Costner says every QB has a "thing", like they said Montana was too small. He said the FO needs to find out what that "thing" is and find out if it matters.

Of course. So all these grades are usually horseshit but we always gobble them up.

I think they got him for his pass catching ability more than anything (RB)

Makes sense.

Ballage has clean hands and runs crisp routes out of the backfield. Headed into the draft, he was considered one of the better RB pass catchers, and it was identified as one of his strengths on the bullet list.

For some odd reason, Miami has been able to hit on a few RBs for the past few years.

Would it surprise anyone if this Ballage kid ends up becoming a star for us at that position?

For some odd reason, Miami has been able to hit on a few RBs for the past few years.

Would it surprise anyone if this Ballage kid ends up becoming a star for us at that position?

Not at all.

Damn, I need to get down there with my pressure washer... need anyof that action?

Back
Top Bottom