Mayweather/UFC | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather/UFC

Yes but if you give Mayweather one of the best trainers in MMA for like 6 months to a year he would be a beast! His determination shows that he can stick to the training and everything!

That your opinion. No guarantee he will be a great MMA fighter as he is a great boxer. Just like any sport you either got or you dont.

I dont think if MMA fighter that were to box will be able to go 12 rounds. 3-5 yes but 12 no way. Boxing is all about conditioning, defense and technique because more knock out happen because of the counter punch which is because of a good defense. They usually always happen in later rounds like rounds 8-12.

That, and his fights are like watching Paint dry.

Mayweather/DeLaHoya was the most hyped fight in the past 20 years and it sucked. Neither one of those fighters as much as stumbled. Hardly any hard shots landed.

I'm almost done with boxing
You just got to watch two of boxings smartest, most technical fighters go at it. It was a good match up IMO. There was no knock down drag out fight and with the style of both of these guys there never was going to be.

MMA is fun to watch with all the submission technique but they are just 2 different sports. You cant be great at both you are either a Boxer or MMA fighter.

if ANY of them had to box, it would be THEM that got their ***** beat.

and.that.is.a.fact

BFD... it is an apples to oranges comparison.
Mayweather would get stomped quickly by any midcard UFC fighter (or college wrestler for that matter) of equal size in a streetfight or NHB match.

and.that.is.a.fact.

See I'd disagree with that, there are plenty of boxers in the UFC that learned wrestling and ju jitsu after the fact.

Arlovski could be a could boxer. Phil Baroni would be a very good boxer.

agreed, if you've watched his last couple UFC fights, he has already mastered the art of boring the crowd to the point they are forced to boo and chant "refund."

he is a perfect fit for boxing. the last exciting moment in boxing was when Tyson bit off Holyfields ear.

I could see this happening for 2 reasons...Number one is obviously the money, Dana White would be smart to throw 10+ million his way, and he could easily do it for a guy that would draw MEGA numbers...Number two, if Mayweather thinks he could beat an MMA guy, I see no reason for him to say no. And considering fighters are inherently very self confident, he probably does think he could beat all these "street fighters"...

More than likely he would get his *** handed to him, since 90% of the time a fight ends up on the ground at some point, and that would render his skills useless...But if he could develop a good enough sprawl, and could defend even averagely against submissions, he would have a solid chance against a lot of fighters...

Mayweather ran his mouth and now backing down!! lol

Please bro, he ain't backing down from ****. MMA and Boxing are different rules bro. If Mayweather trained MMA, maybe he would have a chance against an MMA guy but the fact is that he doesn't makes it pretty simple to see who would win. Anyone with a brain knows that if any MMA guy fought him they would just take him down and pound him on the ground, so what's the point? If any MMA fighter wanted to strictly have a boxing match with Mayweather they would be smoked. He's the best boxer in the world, PERIOD. If any of these MMA guys could actually cut it in boxing, they would. I mean why would they not? Boxing may not have the popularity that MMA has right now, but there is still way more money to be made in boxing then in MMA. The biggest MMA fight you can make will not pay the participants anywhere near what Mayweather and De La Hoya made Saturday night. So if MMA guys are so good with their hands they can be a world championship boxer, why would they not? Less things to focus on during training and no chance of a broken arm or being choked out or any of that. So why would they not. This is just Dana White's way of bringing attention to UFC. I don't blame him for this but anyone with a brain knows this is silly and will never happen. And Floyd ain't backing down from anything bro. What does he have to gain fighting MMA?

Not just a loudmouth boxer.........a boxer with a record of 38-0.

If Mayweather went to UFC and lost, boxing would lose all credibility if a 38-0 fighter in his prime lost to just some middle of the road MMA guy.

Again bro, think logically, IT'S 2 DIFFERENT RULES. The only way boxing would lose any credibility would be if one of these guys out-boxed him. That would never happen and your being naive if you think that would happen. If someone takes Floyd down and pounds him on the ground, what does that prove for the UFC? That when a boxer plays by their rules they will lose. That goes both ways bro and if any UFC guy fought by Floyd's rules, they would be toast!

That, and his fights are like watching Paint dry.

Mayweather/DeLaHoya was the most hyped fight in the past 20 years and it sucked. Neither one of those fighters as much as stumbled. Hardly any hard shots landed.

I'm almost done with boxing

Why are you done with boxing, because the De La Hoya-Mayweather fight went as most boxing fans thought it would? If your done with boxing your done with boxing but don't blame it on Saturday night's fight. That fight went how any boxing fan with knowledge of the sport thought it would and unless your a casual boxing fan you can't have any complaints. I knew how that fight was going to go before I ordered it but I ordered it because I am a boxing fan. IMO it doesn't sound like your into boxing enough to be done with it because if u were, u would have known what was going to happen Saturday night. You say Mayweather fights are like watching paint dry. I disagree. I think Mayweather fights do nothing more then show you what real skillful boxing really is. If I had a son and wanted him to become a boxer, I would show him video of Floyd. You obviously don't like boxing, you like fights. I enjoy both, not only a good fight, but a good boxing display and that's what Floyd shows. His fights might not be the most exciting but Floyd puts on BOXING clinics just about everytime he's in the ring or in the gym!

Cintron targets UFC titlist!

Floyd Mayweather Jr. says he doesn't want to battle a UFC champion. No problem. IBF World Welterweight Champion and former high school/college wrestling star Kermit Cintron would like to accept the challenge from UFC President Dana White, it was announced today by Main Events CEO Kathy Duva. Cintron, who will be defending his IBF crown against mandatory challenger Walter Matthysse on July 14 in Atlantic City, NJ, would like to battle the UFC champion following his June IBF title defense. "I want the fight," said Cintron. "I can wrestle. I can box. I can beat those UFC fighters at their own game. Tell Mr. White to make me an offer and I'll take on his guy after I fight Matthysse on July 14." Cintron (27-1, 25 KO's) captured the vacant IBF crown on October 28, 2006, when he destroyed Mark Suarez in six rounds (TKO 6). The 27-year-old Reading, PA resident by way of Carolinas, Puerto Rico once finished 10th at the NJCAA Wrestling Championships. As a senior in high school he was offered full wrestling scholarships to Wisconsin University and Ohio State University. The Cintron-Matthysse bout will serve as the co-feature to the Arturo Gatti-Alfonso Gomez contest. Main Events is promoting the July 14 evening of boxing, in association with The Tournament of Contenders, LLC and Caesars Atlantic City.

Please bro, he ain't backing down from ****. MMA and Boxing are different rules bro. If Mayweather trained MMA, maybe he would have a chance against an MMA guy but the fact is that he doesn't makes it pretty simple to see who would win. Anyone with a brain knows that if any MMA guy fought him they would just take him down and pound him on the ground, so what's the point? If any MMA fighter wanted to strictly have a boxing match with Mayweather they would be smoked. He's the best boxer in the world, PERIOD. If any of these MMA guys could actually cut it in boxing, they would. I mean why would they not? Boxing may not have the popularity that MMA has right now, but there is still way more money to be made in boxing then in MMA. The biggest MMA fight you can make will not pay the participants anywhere near what Mayweather and De La Hoya made Saturday night. So if MMA guys are so good with their hands they can be a world championship boxer, why would they not? Less things to focus on during training and no chance of a broken arm or being choked out or any of that. So why would they not. This is just Dana White's way of bringing attention to UFC. I don't blame him for this but anyone with a brain knows this is silly and will never happen. And Floyd ain't backing down from anything bro. What does he have to gain fighting MMA?
MMA made more PPV revenue last year than boxing did...

Sure you get a big fight that gets huge money once in a blue moon, but in MMA they get consistently high revenue...Also, boxing has been around a lot longer so of course you are going to see huge numbers occasionally, lets wait a few years and Im sure we will see a payday like the Mayweather/De la Hoya payday...Couture, Liddell, and Ortiz have all made over 1 million for one fight...

Why are you done with boxing, because the De La Hoya-Mayweather fight went as most boxing fans thought it would? If your done with boxing your done with boxing but don't blame it on Saturday night's fight. That fight went how any boxing fan with knowledge of the sport thought it would and unless your a casual boxing fan you can't have any complaints. I knew how that fight was going to go before I ordered it but I ordered it because I am a boxing fan. IMO it doesn't sound like your into boxing enough to be done with it because if u were, u would have known what was going to happen Saturday night. You say Mayweather fights are like watching paint dry. I disagree. I think Mayweather fights do nothing more then show you what real skillful boxing really is. If I had a son and wanted him to become a boxer, I would show him video of Floyd. You obviously don't like boxing, you like fights. I enjoy both, not only a good fight, but a good boxing display and that's what Floyd shows. His fights might not be the most exciting but Floyd puts on BOXING clinics just about everytime he's in the ring or in the gym!
Damn I said tha too. I'm so smart...........:tongue: Agree with everything your saying by the way. I believe most peoples discontent with boxing is there is no longer a huge heavyweight. Most people seem to prefer heavyweights because it is more sluggers then technical fighting. One of the few heavyweights to be technical was lewis and well he wasn't too popular with alot of people. Where as the lower weight classes you find more technical fighters so the fights are not too popular. However, if you look at the great rivalries in modern boxing most are in the lower divisions IMO.

Back
Top Bottom