Mayweather/UFC | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mayweather/UFC

Point is UFC was hopign to bully mayweather into a fight by publicly offering him money when they knew damn well he wasn't going to take it. Now the fans can sit back and say how much better UFC is and that any boxer would get their *** kicked, mayweather's a coward etc. All in all UFC came out looking good in this, unless you see through the bull**** that is.
Ive been saying boxers would get their ***** kicked in the UFC since, well since the thing started and boxers were getting their ***** kicked back then sooo...

And how did the UFC start this, its not like UFC fighter were going around saying they were better than boxing...Floyd opened his mouth and talked about the UFC, something he obviously never should have done because he opened up a can of worms...

Ive been saying boxers would get their ***** kicked in the UFC since, well since the thing started and boxers were getting their ***** kicked back then sooo...

And how did the UFC start this, its not like UFC fighter were going around saying they were better than boxing...Floyd opened his mouth and talked about the UFC, something he obviously never should have done because he opened up a can of worms...
Never said they did sooooooooooooo.......................
What they did do is run with it in an attempt to show how scary the UFC is because even boxers back down from them.

Never said they did sooooooooooooo.......................
What they did do is run with it in an attempt to show how scary the UFC is because even boxers back down from them.

I see where your coming from but I don't think that was their original intent. I think they were seriously hoping he'd go through with it. It would have made them a ton of money. Basically they come out looking good either way.

I see where your coming from but I don't think that was their original intent. I think they were seriously hoping he'd go through with it. It would have made them a ton of money. Basically they come out looking good either way.
They were definitely serious, and still are...If Floyd really thinks he can beat an MMA guy, I'm sure the offer will still be on the table...

Then why go public with the offer? Mayweather doesnt have a phone?
They went public to answer the comments that Mayweather made publicly. They weren't going to sit back and let this guy slam the company and not issue some sort of statement, and what they did was much more shrewd than anything else they could have done...

They were definitely serious, and still are...If Floyd really thinks he can beat an MMA guy, I'm sure the offer will still be on the table...

They went public to answer the comments that Mayweather made publicly. They weren't going to sit back and let this guy slam the company and not issue some sort of statement, and what they did was much more shrewd than anything else they could have done...

I agree

I can see what your saying but I still think as stated earlier it was win win for them and I do think they did it to give their company an air of infamy. I do highly doubt they care if mayweather slams the company. Why would they? Do you really think what he has to say is going to lead to a drop in ratings? They saw their chance to come out looking good and they took it. If they would have just issued a statement they would have said something like mayweather is welcome to participate blah blah blah. But instead they offered a contract publicly. I'm not bad mouthing them for it hey good business move. But I am going to call it for what it is they got put on blast and now they are taking the chance to build their rep.

I can see what your saying but I still think as stated earlier it was win win for them and I do think they did it to give their company an air of infamy. I do highly doubt they care if mayweather slams the company. Why would they? Do you really think what he has to say is going to lead to a drop in ratings? They saw their chance to come out looking good and they took it. If they would have just issued a statement they would have said something like mayweather is welcome to participate blah blah blah. But instead they offered a contract publicly. I'm not bad mouthing them for it hey good business move. But I am going to call it for what it is they got put on blast and now they are taking the chance to build their rep.
Fair enough, I just took offense to you saying UFC was bullying Mayweather..

I agree with this post for the most part...The only thing I would argue is that they did care when Mayweather made those statements. Any other boxer at any other time it wouldn't have mattered, but since he was on the biggest stage of his life, and one of boxings biggest stages ever, people actually heard what he said...

I still would love to see him take on Sherk.

You know I was thinking about this not sure how MMA does it but I know judo and ju jitsu use wider stances to make their base better so they are harder to take down. Boxers use a tight stance so not to give a target. I think the fight outcome would depend on who could just strike first.

You know I was thinking about this not sure how MMA does it but I know judo and ju jitsu use wider stances to make their base better so they are harder to take down. Boxers use a tight stance so not to give a target. I think the fight outcome would depend on who could just strike first.
I said it earlier in the thread, I think Mayweather would have a decent chance in a fight...He would basically have to work on 2 things, take down defense the main one and submission defense the second...Thats why I actually link there is a chance, albeit a small one, that he would take a fight, he might know that he has a shot at winning and that would basically put him on a whole other level as a fighter...

A good wrestling coach could teach him a good sprawl in a few months of training, and that would be his biggest key to victory...There are plenty of MMA fighters who use the exact formula he would, stay on you feet and strike, and avoid take downs at all costs using a great sprawl...

Back
Top Bottom