McDaniel On Getting The Dolphin Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel On Getting The Dolphin Job

He is refreshingly unique and charismatic in his own way.

What has won me over is that he is real with all the players especially our most important asset: TUA. I hope our fanbase will have grace when we have challenges.

We selected Tua, and our former coach attempted to undermine him each and every step of the way. I wish Grier would have the courage to countersue Flores for purposefully undermining the franchise.

I’m not used to being right all that often, but after McDaniel was officially named to the interview list during the offseason, I started doing my homework on him and fell in love almost instantly.

I remember a decent amount of posters in here were worried that McD wouldn’t be able to run a tight ship and keep the locker room in check. We’ve gone down the road many times with bringing in a disciplinarian type of coach and it has always gotten us nowhere. McD struck me as a guy who can get a locker room to play for him by having players (especially offensively) that knew he was going to put them in a tremendous position to succeed while treating them all like grown ass men in the process.

Players want to win for a coach like that because they don’t want to let him or their teammates down. It appears that is exactly what is happening 9 games into his tenure.

Went back and read a few of the before he was hired Coach McD threads.

One had a poll with about 65% of the votes going to Harbaugh.

No negative receipts but I’ll share a few posts without names:

“Please no”

“Sounds like a younger version of Philbin”

“If the Dolphins hire McDick then I’m not watching any games until McDick is fired”

“If he’s not a true leader of men like Flores, I’d pass.”

“I was right about Philbin, Gase. Mike will be another failure.”

“This guy isn’t a schemer. It’s all been Kyle.”

“I can’t see him leading a locker room of men.”

“Girth without proper hip movement is useless.” (Sorry @superphin tried to derail the thread)

“Prepare for three more wasted years.”

Not an all-inclusive list as I just skimmed a couple prehire McD threads, but here’s some of the first people on the bus: Take a bow gentlemen.

@andyahs - DRIVER
@npb81
@rickd13
@deester11
@KevInMotion
@traptses
@Austin Tatious
@FinPhan54
@EasyRider
@MP-Omnis
@Tua808
@mrhankey81701
@KingHydra
@SF Dolphin Fan
@bostondolphin
@ChambersWI

Went back and read a few of the before he was hired Coach McD threads.

One had a poll with about 65% of the votes going to Harbaugh.

No negative receipts but I’ll share a few posts without names:

“Please no”

“Sounds like a younger version of Philbin”

“If the Dolphins hire McDick then I’m not watching any games until McDick is fired”

“If he’s not a true leader of men like Flores, I’d pass.”

“I was right about Philbin, Gase. Mike will be another failure.”

“This guy isn’t a schemer. It’s all been Kyle.”

“I can’t see him leading a locker room of men.”

“Girth without proper hip movement is useless.” (Sorry @superphin tried to derail the thread)

“Prepare for three more wasted years.”

Not an all-inclusive list as I just skimmed a couple prehire McD threads, but here’s some of the first people on the bus: Take a bow gentlemen.

@andyahs - DRIVER
@npb81
@rickd13
@deester11
@KevInMotion
@traptses
@Austin Tatious
@FinPhan54
@EasyRider
@MP-Omnis
@Tua808
@mrhankey81701
@KingHydra
@SF Dolphin Fan
@bostondolphin
@ChambersWI
A lot of that sounds familiar. I remember a lot of those posts

I was definitely against hiring McDaniel. Mainly because I wanted Pederson. My reasoning was that we needed a coach with previous head coaching experience and Pederson actually had the added credibility of a Super Bowl win.

Happy to be wrong as f*ck, so far.

Back
Top Bottom