McDaniel On Getting The Dolphin Job | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel On Getting The Dolphin Job

I'll admit I wasn't all that moved about him getting the job at first. I thought great, we're starting over AGAIN and with this strange, nerdy unknown coach. I watched some of his 49er press conferences and felt "can this guy lead a locker room of alphas"? But, the practical side of me figured ok, let's see how this one turns out.

After reading the comments of former players I felt a little more optimistic, but I had no idea he would have this kind of impact. I love this coach, and not just because we're winning NOW, I really began to like him during the offseason. His openess in press conferences was very refreshing, and the fact that he is different made me feel that this time might be different. I really hope we can keep this up because I wouldn't mind seeing that guy on the Dolphins sideline for the next 20+ years.

Not many similarities at all between the teams.
I agree. They have really similar run concepts and some of the typical west coast passing concepts but they are very different teams otherwise IMO. And I think the more MMD stretches his legs in the offense as the season progresses they will become even more dissimilar from each other.

I agree. They have really similar run concepts and some of the typical west coast passing concepts but they are very different teams otherwise IMO. And I think the more MMD stretches his legs in the offense as the season progresses they will become even more dissimilar from each other.

He'll tweak things on offense over the next few years but this is what our offense should look like for awhile.

I think McD is chomping at the bit to upgrade his defense next year and really put pressure on the rest of the league.

As great as this season has been, I don't think anyone (outside of our realm) really comprehends what this team is going to do over the next 10 years. Sheer dominance.

Not much he can do about it now but come off season, MM will show who's the boss in the off-season. Not everyone will think he's a nice guy, which they shouldn't, he's in charge and he needs to get rid of anyone not of championship caliber.

I’ll only say this if you go back we all loved Sparsno, gase and Flores in the beginning, So far McDaniels is definitely a breath of fresh air and he looks like he’s going to be a great coach. But that’s no guarantee, as the NFL is definitely year to year.

So happy we have the right guy, seems that this one is on Grier too.
I was wrong on Gase, Flores in the other hand had some of us hesitating.
McD is authentic, transparent and apparently a genius, players love him and respect him, not only in this team, but other teams.

Went back and read a few of the before he was hired Coach McD threads.

One had a poll with about 65% of the votes going to Harbaugh.

No negative receipts but I’ll share a few posts without names:

“Please no”

“Sounds like a younger version of Philbin”

“If the Dolphins hire McDick then I’m not watching any games until McDick is fired”

“If he’s not a true leader of men like Flores, I’d pass.”

“I was right about Philbin, Gase. Mike will be another failure.”

“This guy isn’t a schemer. It’s all been Kyle.”

“I can’t see him leading a locker room of men.”

“Girth without proper hip movement is useless.” (Sorry @superphin tried to derail the thread)

“Prepare for three more wasted years.”

Not an all-inclusive list as I just skimmed a couple prehire McD threads, but here’s some of the first people on the bus: Take a bow gentlemen.

@andyahs - DRIVER
@npb81
@rickd13
@deester11
@KevInMotion
@traptses
@Austin Tatious
@FinPhan54
@EasyRider
@MP-Omnis
@Tua808
@mrhankey81701
@KingHydra
@SF Dolphin Fan
@bostondolphin
@ChambersWI

Even if McD sucked as a HC or we somehow miss the playoffs this year, I'm happy that the Fins hired him. His humor and interesting-guy-factor is refreshing after a decade of meh. The K-Shan coaching tree is turning out to be quite fruitful. I actually don't mind the Jets with Saleh as their coach. Especially after benching "dogpoop" QBs. How can you not love these guys? The AFC East is going to be a struggle for a long time coming with the coaches we now have in this division.

I wasn't sure on McDaniel. I was hoping he wasn't another offensive "genius" like Gase. Gase looked good on paper but we know how that worked out. I was also a little nervous about Tyreek Hill. I didn't want this to be another Mike Wallace signing. Both really fast WRs but we know Hill will fight for the ball and has really opened up the offense.

“Please no”

“If the Dolphins hire McDick then I’m not watching any games until McDick is fired”

“Girth without proper hip movement is useless.” (Sorry @superphin tried to derail the thread)

Not an all-inclusive list as I just skimmed a couple prehire McD threads, but here’s some of the first people on the bus: Take a bow gentlemen.

@andyahs - DRIVER
@npb81
@rickd13
@deester11
@KevInMotion
@traptses
@Austin Tatious
@FinPhan54
@EasyRider
@MP-Omnis
@Tua808
@mrhankey81701
@KingHydra
@SF Dolphin Fan
@bostondolphin
@ChambersWI
I was on board with him as soon as it was announced he was being interviewed. Happy to be right

“Please no”

@andyahs - DRIVER
@npb81
@rickd13
@deester11
@KevInMotion
@traptses
@Austin Tatious
@FinPhan54
@EasyRider
@MP-Omnis
@Tua808
@mrhankey81701
@KingHydra
@SF Dolphin Fan
@bostondolphin
@ChambersWI
Why am I smiling at this post?! Well done sir...

Back
Top Bottom