McDaniel’s Top 3 All-Time Dolphins RBs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel’s Top 3 All-Time Dolphins RBs

Don Nottingham, Gary Davis, Leroy Harris.
Bennie Malone, Sammy Smith, Lorenzo Hampton.
Oh, the names.
Joe Carter!

Ricky Williams is the greatest RB I’ve ever seen live and I got to see Sanders and Payton albeit an older version.

I’ve seen Ricky bulldoze a LB and beat a DB to the corner. That’s… 🤯.

It’s a shame how even some fans turned on him so vehemently for something that is now legal. But I get it. He hurt us ONLY because he was so amazing he broke our hearts so I get it.

When it’s all said and done, though, and the tossed aside films are revisited, Ronnie Brown may go down as the Wildcat General.

As a running back that average 4.8 yards per carry and caught passes for over thirty five hundred yards in his career, Tony Nathan was the most underrated RB in Miami Dolphin history.

I loved Mercury Morris but as an overall RB, I would put Nathan over Morris on my top 3 list.
No way…Mercury was far more talented and certainly more explosive. Nathan was the lead back in 1984 when Miami’s rushing attack was bottom half of the league (in both total rushing yards and average per carry). Mercury was part of the NFL’s #1 backfield!

He was really good before his short shelf life expired. I think he had a bad attitude though.
I disagree. He came to the realization that he needed to heal himself. His mental issues didn't help, but he was at least cognizant enough to realize that he was in need of help and chose his own path. In 2004, it was a gut-wrenching decision. Eighteen years on, it's better understood.

Ricky Williams is the greatest RB I’ve ever seen live and I got to see Sanders and Payton albeit an older version.

It’s a shame how even some fans turned on him so vehemently for something that is now legal. But I get it. He hurt us ONLY because he was so amazing he broke our hearts so I get it.

When it’s all said and done, though, and the tossed aside films are revisited, Ronnie Brown may go down as the Wildcat General.

I was at the Thursday night game in charlotte when Ricky ran all over the Panthers. a thing of beauty. I think he was a better back for us than the Saints, but i think he was more feared playing with the Saints. I remember watching DB's take awful angles of pursuit just so they wouldnt have to collide with him in the open field

Ricky was elite. It's just that there is the fly in the ointment during his tenure with the team. It's hard to look past him going into retirement -- but it's perfectly understandable considering we were running him into the ground with nearly 400 carries per season. Thankfully, he returned. Unfortunately, we never put all the pieces together.

Back
Top Bottom