"McIntosh Believed to be favorite" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"McIntosh Believed to be favorite"

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://www.wqam.com/cgi-bin/navobjs?template=template.htm&recno=190&id=1

In other news Miami finished up with their visits from tackles Orlando Brown and Damion McIntosh, negotiations haven't begun with Brown who's visited Dallas, Oakland and now Miami after initially trying to re-sign with Baltimore his former team. It is believed that McIntosh is currently the favorite in what's become a very difficult job trying to fill the vacant right tackle spot after Todd Wade accepted a five-year 25 million deal with the Houston Texans. Monday the team is expected to visit with Denver tackle Ephraim Salaam.

'Nuff respect to the Big O & co. getting us some info.

What does this mean;did we offer him a contract ? I have not heard much news these last two days. Im glad that he is are favorite, but will e sign with us.

The Dolphins have yet to offer McIntosh a offer yet.
Lets hope they do soon.He's the best OT left and I feel he is better then Tait.

It means he's our favorite of him & Brown. We're still gonna wait for Salaam before offering a contract.

I believe they migt be waiting to meet w/ Salaam before offering a contract for either.

This o-line stuff has me really worried. Im a huge Dol-fan and every move they have made I have seen it as positive. We tried really hard for Tait & Woody. We signed Jeno,Howard & Akins. Jeno is a good OL player. If Madison stays we might have the best nickel & dime in the NFl with Howard and assuming Buckley signs again. AKins is a Great special teamer. If speilman manages to sign Mcintosh and Bobbie Williams I would be a happy candidate by the way I wouldnt be surprised if we sign Ruddy again.

with the signing of howard, im almost positive that means they arent going after t-buc, he's too expensive for a dime corner...

it said wade signed a 5 yr, $25 mil...it was 30mil right?

yes but he's asking for alot more, forgot the number but its definately not the minimum

I also read on WQAM that Brown & the Dolphins are talking money, could this be an inclination we are signing both.

I don't think it means an immediate signing is near. I bet tehy're trying to gauge what each of the three wants and then go with whom they think is the best value/player. (Brown, McIntosh, Ephraim)

it said wade signed a 5 yr, $25 mil...it was 30mil right?

Wade got 6 years $30M from the Texans, yes.

Originally posted by RunRicky34
I also read on WQAM that Brown & the Dolphins are talking money, could this be an inclination we are signing both.

Where did you read? The article that I saw & linked to, stated that we haven't begun contract talks with Brown yet, but he's received offers from Dallas & Tampa Bay. It also lists McIntosh as favorite.

Sunday's Herald mentioned that Miami expects tto have a new right tackle by Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom