McIntosh update | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McIntosh update

if mac is 100% healthy why not having carey and mac starting tackles?

when you read this
"Optimistically, you'd like to hope that maybe halfway through the season," said Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said after drafting Carey. "We're picking another young tackle up that we have on the roster, so that could be a real bonus for us."

isn´t DW already saying that D-Mac is A T ?

Al13 said:
when you read this
"Optimistically, you'd like to hope that maybe halfway through the season," said Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt said after drafting Carey. "We're picking another young tackle up that we have on the roster, so that could be a real bonus for us."

isn´t DW already saying that D-Mac is A T ?

Yes he is a tackle, mostly a left tackle but could play either way. He has a minimum contract with incentives if he plays this year. Having three young tackles including one who can go to either side and having them tied up for 4-5 years at a reasonable cost is a dream come true for me. We will have Smith, Carey, and McIntosh for the cost of Walter Jones or someone like that alone!

McIntosh will not be starting this year. You can take that to the bank.

With so many new starters McIntosh wouldn't have the time to get enough reps in to start gelling with the rest of the line. McIntosh will be the backup swing tackle this year. If Carey struggles this year with the RT spot will decide whether McIntosh stays or goes next year. If anything I believe the phins are hoping McIntosh's value gets killed for the market this year by being the swing tackle and can renegotiate his contract cause he can be a valuable swing tackle and potential RT starter next year if Carey falters and has to be moved to RG.

I'm thinking the person whose really getting lost in this whole line up is St Clair.

Ohiophinphan said:
We will have Smith, Carey, and McIntosh for the cost of Walter Jones or someone like that alone!

Combined we will probably be paying all of them a total of $2-2.5 million for all 3 this year. Downright bargain.

Jimmy James said:
If that is how it works out, isn't it kind of stupid to have drafted him for need rather than strictly taking the best player available? If both Carey and Wilfork would have been backups, why not just take the better guy?

He will be starting. We started Wade Smith last year at LT because the coaches felt that he was the best suited guy to play LT and he was a rookie drafted in Round 3. Carney will start.

Prime Time,

That is my read as well. I just thought I'd see what somebody who doesn't see Carey as a starter would say to that.

Ive heard that Carey is athletic enough that he may actually be well suited at LT. So the possibilities are endless. Either way Id rather the Fins have an abundance of starting calibre tackles then not enough like weve usually had. Games are won and lost on the line so you can never have 2 many good lineman. And the best part about our o-line is that its young and theyll grow 2gether and become even stronger as years go on.

Back
Top Bottom