McKinney or Ruddy, who will start? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney or Ruddy, who will start?

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Just curious because I have no idea... Has anyone heard anything? Does the coaching staff just plan to evaluate and decide during camp or is there already a clear cut starter?

Or does anyone have an opinion (based on solid reasoning) of who they think SHOULD get the start?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pat Surtain... 5 Million, Sam Madison... 5 Million, Bills Offense... Price-less.

I missed that one..that's great:lol:

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Pat Surtain... 5 Million, Sam Madison... 5 Million, Bills Offense... Price-less.

I missed that one..that's great:lol:

RLMAO!

Okay, I've had that as my sig since the day the Price trade was made official and now you guys are laughing?

J/K, better late then never! :drinkers:

I figure Ruddy w/b gone if he was not the starter based on what he makes and how we never pay backups much -see D Rodgers

Re: Re: McKinney or Ruddy, who will start?

Originally posted by dolphan39
I figure Ruddy w/b gone if he was not the starter based on what he makes and how we never pay backups much -see D Rodgers

So are you saying that if McKinney were going to start, you think that Ruddy would be gone by now?

Common MarinoFan you can't just give your answer without showing the work... Even if its a no brainer to you, pretend I have no brain (which shouldn't be hard) and explain it to me if you have time...

Ruddy will stay here one more year. He already re-structured, and for the Dolphins Front Office to release him, it would hurt them in the future when they ask other players to restructure.

Ruddy did a decent job last year, and he will probably start. McKinney may push Perry for the starting spot though.

For now the line is

Dixon, Nails,Ruddy,Perry,Wade

Perry is the spot where anyone can be inserted.

There is 3 big "if".

If we get a LT :
LT,Dixon,Ruddy,Nails,Wade

If Nails isn't ready:
Dixon,McKinney,Ruddy,Perry,Wade

If the rookies perform in training camp:
They could be inserted in the LT

Considering the (lack of) health of the offensive line the last two years, I don't think they will release Perry, but he could become a backup.

Actually I don't think this is as cut and dry as everyone thinks. McKinney only signed a 3 year deal. So if we sit him as depth again we got to sign him to an extension without him ever really starting a season. My guess is if McKinney shows that he can start then we got some more interesting questions along the line. The line is going to go through some changes this offseason and it's going to be interesting to see who loses their job.

If McKinney sits this season I don't think there will be a contract extension. His agent wouldn't want one, because of the chance that McKinney could end up grossly underpaid.

Back
Top Bottom