McKinney or Ruddy, who will start? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McKinney or Ruddy, who will start?

Why not Ruddy? Put the best one there regardless of who is making the most money.

I thinbk Ruddy will start unless we pick up a starting LT. McKiny has experfience at Guard and can backup that postion if Dixon moves out.

If we pick up a starting LT then McKinny will beat out Ruddy. He is better.

mckinney may have signed a 3 year deal, but in reality we OWN him for 4 years.......do you really think he wont be tendered as a RFA after his 3rd season? we have him for AT LEAST 3 more seasons so this year isn't vital......

ruddy stays and starts and mckinney backs him up one more year......then ruddy leaves and we have a talented and prepped starter at center for at least 2 years at a low price.....

It will be decided in training camp. I put my push towards McKinney.

why not dixon, nails, mckinney, ruddy and wade? or, if nails is not ready and we sign a LT-rookie stands out, LT, dixon, mckinney, ruddy and wade.

oh hell this could go on and on......

are you an ozzy fan. You might be but I'm THE Ozzy fan...lol
oh yeah, Ruddy will start and stop thinking about Mckinney playing guard guys. He'll be a solid center for the next several years but he'll never be more than an average guard, One thing to keep on mind is that Ruddy is very smart and he's the guy that makes the o-line calls.I don't want a new guy at center if you have a new guy at guard too. But late on the year the Seth could be starting depending on how things are going.I think Whitley has a better chance of starting at guard than Seth. Just my opinion.

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats your favorite BS album Danny? Mine is Sabath Bloody Sabath.:evil:

I think the only thing set in stone on the OL is that Todd Wade will start at RT, and Dixon will start somewhere. The other positions/players are to be decided in the coming weeks. Wannstedt's already said he'll put the best 5 there, whoever they may be. I'm hoping McKinney does beat out Ruddy. Ruddy's a very good blocker in the passing game, but as the point man on running plays, he doesn't have enough drive IMO.

Originally posted by relive1972
I'm hoping McKinney does beat out Ruddy. Ruddy's a very good blocker in the passing game, but as the point man on running plays, he doesn't have enough drive IMO.

I totally agree. And being Ruddy is a year older I don't think it will get any better. Lets hope Nails is close to 100% so McKinney can focus on center.

hey DEN, I'd have to say the first one,"black Sabbath", then Sabotage,Master of Reality,Sabbath bloddy Sabbath...my favotite songs are so many but I love The sympomts of the universe,Never say die,childern of the grave,war pigs,iron man,NIB...lol just too many to name them all.

Ozzy rules!!!!

Originally posted by 13isgr81
Common MarinoFan you can't just give your answer without showing the work... Even if its a no brainer to you, pretend I have no brain (which shouldn't be hard) and explain it to me if you have time...

OKAY, Ruddy will start because our line excelled last year. Mckinney is still learning, and it will only help him to backup for now. Ruddy is being paid a starters salary, unlike Mckinney, who is stillg getting backup money. Need anymore reasons?

Originally posted by MarinoFan

OKAY, Ruddy will start because our line excelled last year. Mckinney is still learning, and it will only help him to backup for now. Ruddy is being paid a starters salary, unlike Mckinney, who is stillg getting backup money. Need anymore reasons?

Nope that will suffice thank you :goof:

I don't think McKinney will beat out Ruddy yet...

but after this year I think Ruddy will have to hit the road with his contract.

Rudy restructured but I think if there is a starting competition in the pre season between these two its likely that ruddy won't be released. If anything seth mc kinney should be a full time center back up.

Originally posted by Danny
hey DEN, I'd have to say the first one,"black Sabbath", then Sabotage,Master of Reality,Sabbath bloddy Sabbath...my favotite songs are so many but I love The sympomts of the universe,Never say die,childern of the grave,war pigs,iron man,NIB...lol just too many to name them all.

Ozzy rules!!!!
What did you think of the Dio days? You know I think the lead singer of Deep Purple Ian? was with them for one album. Mob Rules was pretty decent. Oh Sweet Leaf is one of favorites too.:)

Back
Top Bottom