McMichael | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McMichael

stan marino said:
Bad thing about McMicheal is when he complains about getting the ball, and then the next week they throw to him and he drops 3-4 balls.

Yup!! It was definitely 5 dropped. Maybe even 6

I wasnt exactly sure how many it was in that one game after he complained earlier in the week. IMO after complaining publically 1 is too many.

Randy has the right to clamor for the ball. He's talented and was being underutilized for a while.

He also should step up when he does so, or expect flak.

Randy does step up, and he is the leader on offense, not AJ Feeley, we all saw on National TV against the bengals, the man cares, but has told me if the Dolphins don't anti up, he has no problem going to a team that wants him. I already stated, Randy does not want Chambers money, and Drew has already set the market for him. 7-8 million to sign, a contract in the mid 20's over 6 years, not heavily backloaded. No 10 million, no 35 5 year deal. Is he worth it, well, he's my friend, and I don't want him going anywhere, so I am partial, but yes he is, and we should sign him now. Randy does not want to be the highest paid tight end as rumored, he just wants a fair deal. He will continue to play at this level longer then most positions because speed is not his weapon, and maybe he did have a few drops, but every receiver drops the ball. And it was also said AJ Feeley does not throw the most catchable ball.

Mcmichael is w/out doubt our best play on offense(thou Brown could take that title). Keeping him in a phins uniform should be a priority.

Phinsdude said:
Randy does step up, and he is the leader on offense, not AJ Feeley, we all saw on National TV against the bengals, the man cares, but has told me if the Dolphins don't anti up, he has no problem going to a team that wants him. I already stated, Randy does not want Chambers money, and Drew has already set the market for him. 7-8 million to sign, a contract in the mid 20's over 6 years, not heavily backloaded. No 10 million, no 35 5 year deal. Is he worth it, well, he's my friend, and I don't want him going anywhere, so I am partial, but yes he is, and we should sign him now. Randy does not want to be the highest paid tight end as rumored, he just wants a fair deal. He will continue to play at this level longer then most positions because speed is not his weapon, and maybe he did have a few drops, but every receiver drops the ball. And it was also said AJ Feeley does not throw the most catchable ball.

you know him personally? how, if you dont mind me asking?

Don't be killing me for saying this but...

McMichael's future depends on the relevance of the TE in the Saban system. We really don't know what kind of team Saban runs yet either. He might be a guy who doesn't tolerate any crap from anybody. If TEs are not imperative to the Saban way, and Saban won't tolerate guff, especially in the form of new contract demands, I wouldn't be surprised if Saban found a way to move McMichael. He might be too costly in terms of what the team would spend for a position that won't have much of an impact in his system. He might talk too darn much for Saban's liking.

I'm just thinking of the possibilities. I love the guy. I hope he stays forever.

Phinsdude said:

Maybe Feeley doesn't throw the most catchable ball because McMichaels drops the easy ones makes Feeley have to try something different.

I hope you are right about the contract.

I will tell you this though he plays a heck of alot better when he keeps his mouth shut and just goesa out and plays.

McMichaels is a special player, I just hope he can tap into it more often then a 3 game span.

You call the guy who didn't accept responsibility for Fiedler getting sacked in the NE game 2 seasons ago a leader? That's not a leader.

Perfect example of a leader is what Fiedler did. Now I am not saying he was the leader of the offense. But a perfect example is not throwing a temper tantrum on the sidelines. It's when Brian Griese stinks up the joint and you are coming back from an injury. You come in at the very end of the 3rd quarter trailing by 10 points when your pro Bowl defense is getting torn up by Tim Hasselback.. You don't complain you don't throw hissy fits. You simply go into that huddle on that first play, you look at the rest of the guys in the huddle and simply say " Guys we are gonna win this game. Now let's go do it"

You know what, the offense and defense played better after that and they did win that game. Yet after Mcmichaels tantrum, they went on to lose the game and the line got worse.

All I am saying is because a guy calls out another teammate doesn't make them a leader.

But yes, McMichaels does have talent. I just hope he focuses more on the game then his individual accolades. Remember, The Dolphins won the game right before McMichaels started complaining. You lose all season, then you finally win and you are gonna complain after a win about your personal stats?

jguig said:
Don't be killing me for saying this but...

McMichael's future depends on the relevance of the TE in the Saban system. We really don't know what kind of team Saban runs yet either. He might be a guy who doesn't tolerate any crap from anybody. If TEs are not imperative to the Saban way, and Saban won't tolerate guff, especially in the form of new contract demands, I wouldn't be surprised if Saban found a way to move McMichael. He might be too costly in terms of what the team would spend for a position that won't have much of an impact in his system. He might talk too darn much for Saban's liking.

I'm just thinking of the possibilities. I love the guy. I hope he stays forever.

Good point. And we have seen what a team is willing to give up for Jolley :roflmao:

Randy is a friend. Been close with him for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom