Mcmichael's Stupidity In Calling 911....drew Cant Believe It. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mcmichael's Stupidity In Calling 911....drew Cant Believe It.

DCH is a bit off the mark on the suspension issue, and probably on a lot of other points as well. The league can't and won't suspend McMichael unless he pleads guilty or is convicted.

That time could be very far away even if the state's attourneys look to prosecute. Just look at the Michael Pittman thing, which happened so long ago, and is only coming to full fruition NOW...and he actually rammed his wife, his babysitter, and his kid with a car (not exactly on par with a drunk, abused Randy defending himself then calling 911 to get his wife out of the house and away from his 7 year old daughter).

Also, DCH doesn't know that Randy struck her. He assumes it. He could have simply been defending himself from an attacker by trying to hold her or push her away, and the bruises on her arm would certainly explain that.

Either way considering the credibility (or lack thereof) of the only witness against Randy, I severely doubt the state's attourneys will push for a second degree felony, especially knowing that Randy has lots of money and probably support from the Miami Dolphins security department...and ESPECIALLY if the wife no longer wants to press charges.

I do believe there's some little law out there about the prosecution not being allowed to FORCE a wife to testify against her husband...I'm not even going to PRETEND to be a lawyer here so I know we have some law school people on this board so maybe you could shed some light on it.

Right now the best counsel to give Randy is to suck it up, even if she was the one abusing you, apologize for being too rough, kiss and make up, go through some counseling sessions, get your wife back. The rest will fall by the wayside and this won't even go to trial.

The difference between this and what happened with say, Derrick Rodgers, or Michael Pittman, is both Rodgers and Pittman involved someone else by what they did. Pittman involved the babysitter and his child, and thats pretty much the only reason the trial is going through. Rodgers beat another guy over the head with a chair and THEN went after his wife.

Well, finfan, your information relates to civil penalties, not criminal. There are no plaintiffs in criminal court, just the defendant and the state. And ck is right about spousal immunity (his wife can't be forced to testify against him).

That being said, this is almost definitely not going to court, and there will be no conviction. If charges are even filed, they will be wiped out with some sort of counseling and anger management course for both Randy and his wife. He's not going to be suspended by the league, he's not going to get kicked off the team, it's not going to be a major distraction.

It's just another stupid incident in an offseason of stupid incidents. Is there a position on offense that doesn't have some sort of controversy going on, most not even having to do with on-the-field issues?

Relax about Randy. Worry about the 2004 Dolphins.

Agua said:
Yeah, but if it turns into a "he says X, she says Y" thing, if both press charges, it has to be sorted out by a jury. That's why I'm thinking the best thing in that situation that he could have done would have been to call 911 or just leave the damned house. But who knows, she could have been threatening to do some crazy crap if he left the house so he had to stay.

I'm with you though, I think it's likely neither presses charges against the other.

I dont think you understand whats up here. She commited the Battery. he commited battery after she committed it first! He can claim self defense, and if all he did was push her, then i think a friggin jury would determine that he did everything very well under the circumstances to protect himself and others. I dont think, especially after changing her story 2 times so far that she is looking very good right now in front of a judge. If it were to end up a he said, she said, she didnt say (as far as i can tell) that he hit her first. He simply came home drunk and was puking in the toilet. Now if i am puking in the toilet and being yelled at by a pregnant wife who is all pissed off, who do you think strikes the first blow when he calls 911? If i am a juror, i am thinking RM did everything right. Im sure RM learned this in a seminar on this crap.

He should buy here a 4 million diamond ring and all will be forgiven.

spike owen said:
Well, finfan, your information relates to civil penalties, not criminal. There are no plaintiffs in criminal court, just the defendant and the state. And ck is right about spousal immunity (his wife can't be forced to testify against him).

That being said, this is almost definitely not going to court, and there will be no conviction. If charges are even filed, they will be wiped out with some sort of counseling and anger management course for both Randy and his wife. He's not going to be suspended by the league, he's not going to get kicked off the team, it's not going to be a major distraction.

It's just another stupid incident in an offseason of stupid incidents. Is there a position on offense that doesn't have some sort of controversy going on, most not even having to do with on-the-field issues?

Relax about Randy. Worry about the 2005 Dolphins.

your right, but doesnt the state go by the same rules? The evidence does not seem to be going in the direction of a good case for the state so why would they bother? The 911 tape is all RM needs cus he called. It is a slam dunk for RM and the state wont waste taxpayer dollars and time consumption on something they know they have absolutely no case. try to convince a jury on a matter that he called 911 and all the yelling in the background supports everything RM is saying.

Justasportsfan said:
He should buy here a 4 million diamond ring and all will be forgiven.

I think what you will have is a divorce in the future as RM decides she was trying to dig gold out of him. which is what would happen anyways. I wouldnt buy her anything but counselor with me present.

nyrican said:
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: no matter what don't hit the lady she can be screaming slapping you around and the whole nine.. get up and leave the house....... let her calm down... discuss the issue in the morning when all of the anger is clear...

man the Fins are having a rough OFF SEASON.....

Note that in the other thread, someone claimed McMichael called the police because he wanted him and his daughter out of the house. That would sort of lend to the idea that that's exactly what he was trying to do.

i say its no big deal! when you have beer , a jealous girlfriend and a good football player .. things go bad quick! you should see my sister , when she gets a buzz on ! i saw you looking at that girl , who was you with ! im gonna kick your ***! you guys know what im talking about... alot of couples go through this at one point and blah blah blah ... get them some counseling ... they will work this out ,they dont need the whole world up there ***.. i dont know why they even put these stories out, thats personal ****. i guess someone wanted to make some money on this story, like always.. miami dolpin slaps girlfriend, who fu******* cares .. they dont need to put that sh*** all over the place.. thats like printing in the paper ,that marino has a wart on his *** ! who cares !!!!!! i wish these people that go get dirt on people, would get a life and grow up... while im at it the bills and jets suck!!!!!!!! have a good day ......

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN said:
When is the last time you ever heard of a 6'3 250 pound football player dialing up 911 on his wife....after a slap across the face...? And this is a very pettite 21 year old woman. This is an absolute joke...I saw Drew last night....and he is now aware that any thoughts this year of extending Mcmichaels contract are virtually now....non-existent. This situation could of and should of...of course been handled within the Mcmichael household. For Randy...calling 911 himself...this was really a cardinal type of error. This is going to be a Derrick Rogers situation all over again....and you know when ROGERS came back to the team after the incident....the players and coaching staff...knew that he was distracted...and his play also showed that. The media now is going to be all over this situation throughout training camp...and with the offense not even on the same page already...and with RANDY a huge part of it....this situation is now playing out for the unknown. This is the type of behavior that the DOlphins really do not condone...zero tolerence policy on domestic abuse....and they already have Security Director STU WEINSTEIN all over the police reports...as his job with the DOlphins....is to follow up on all of this...get the reports...and keep the NFL Security offices up to date on the matter at hand. Obviously....if the state Attorneys office files charges....there is going to be a very dark cloud over RANDY....and a suspension from the league office is sure to follow. Drew is going to meet with this attorney--SWICKLE and RANDY tommorrow....and you can bet the ranch and the outpost....that there is going to be some major down-playing spin control on this matter...but the bottom line is that BOTH spouses have been charged....meaning that there was credible evidence that Randy was hit pretty hard....so what does he do....he hits her back...and then he is still coherent enough to pick up the phone...dial 911 and cry for help. All the coaching and warning in the world on domestic violence....and even Drew or any agent now goes over and over the dangers of domestic disputes getting out of hand...and the one phrase that they all tell there clients....NEVER STRIKE A WOMAN....no matter what the dispute is...no matter what happens....NEVER DO IT. And our stating TE....the one who wants more money? What does he end up doing? He just struck himself out of any contract extension....he may end up doing time...and at the very least...he is looking at a league suspension. This situation will linger on well past training camp...that you can be assured of...and now the coaches have to be really shaking there heads on the what if situations---especially if RANDY is consumed by this. And now...how will he be looked at now? By the players and the coaches? Do they support him? Do they look the other way? Wanny was teed off on this...and now what does he do....does he look at more at TES JOHN JONES and DONALD LEE...does he give them more of a look..now...if you are the offensive coaches.....what are you thinking about this guy? This is all your going to be reading about for the next few days....get used to the spin....because its coming and Drew is hoping that both the Mcmichaels will come out tommorrow or at this point...today....and tell the world that they are both sorry...and that they would like to begin counseling....that they will work this out. Thats the only negotiation Drew will be discussing with Mcmichael....and of course....the other attorney. As the WORLD....check that....AS THE DOLPHINS TURN WILL CONTINUE after these local messeges....
You are blowing this way out of proportion. Lets wait to see if there are charges before we start talking about ramifications.

craig said:
i say its no big deal! when you have beer , a jealous girlfriend and a good football player .. things go bad quick! you should see my sister , when she gets a buzz on ! i saw you looking at that girl , who was you with ! im gonna kick your ***!
You date your sister? :confused: .... :jk:

say goodbye to randy mcmicheal in a fins uniform .... look for miami to re-evaluate his position with the team after the season ... and quit possibly bring in a few TE's during next years F/A period ... and possibly in the 2005 draft

Years ago, I worked for the Dade County Public Defender's Office. It was an internship during law school. It was a while ago, so I can't be sure how much the laws and procedures have changed, but this is what I remember. There's a few things that are being missed here. This is not a simple battery. RM struck a pregnant woman. (Yes, a push counts). This is a felony. It is on par with striking someone using a weapon. I doubt the wife can be charged with a felony. Most states have laws requiring prosecution when there are injuries in a domestic violence case. Those that don't usually have No-drop policies in domestic cases where the parties don't want to press charges. The most important issue here is whether the prosecutor feels there is enough evidence to pursue the case. I'm sure that RM's attorney will spend a great deal of time trying to convince the prosecutor that no charges should be filed. If they are filed, then I expect that speedy trial rules will be waived and that the case will be resolved after the season.

The NFL suspension thing is separate. I think it applies if a player admits to certain conduct, regardless of what his charge is. Either way, I doubt that there will be any suspension served this season. The NFL will wait until the case is resolved.

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU DON'T HIT A WOMAN.

McMichael is a CHUMP for doing so. Plus, he kept on hitting her when he had knocked her down. That is just ridiculous.

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN said:
When is the last time you ever heard of a 6'3 250 pound football player dialing up 911 on his wife....after a slap across the face...? And this is a very pettite 21 year old woman. This is an absolute joke...I saw Drew last night....and he is now aware that any thoughts this year of extending Mcmichaels contract are virtually now....non-existent. This situation could of and should of...of course been handled within the Mcmichael household. For Randy...calling 911 himself...this was really a cardinal type of error. This is going to be a Derrick Rogers situation all over again....and you know when ROGERS came back to the team after the incident....the players and coaching staff...knew that he was distracted...and his play also showed that. The media now is going to be all over this situation throughout training camp...and with the offense not even on the same page already...and with RANDY a huge part of it....this situation is now playing out for the unknown. This is the type of behavior that the DOlphins really do not condone...zero tolerence policy on domestic abuse....and they already have Security Director STU WEINSTEIN all over the police reports...as his job with the DOlphins....is to follow up on all of this...get the reports...and keep the NFL Security offices up to date on the matter at hand. Obviously....if the state Attorneys office files charges....there is going to be a very dark cloud over RANDY....and a suspension from the league office is sure to follow. Drew is going to meet with this attorney--SWICKLE and RANDY tommorrow....and you can bet the ranch and the outpost....that there is going to be some major down-playing spin control on this matter...but the bottom line is that BOTH spouses have been charged....meaning that there was credible evidence that Randy was hit pretty hard....so what does he do....he hits her back...and then he is still coherent enough to pick up the phone...dial 911 and cry for help. All the coaching and warning in the world on domestic violence....and even Drew or any agent now goes over and over the dangers of domestic disputes getting out of hand...and the one phrase that they all tell there clients....NEVER STRIKE A WOMAN....no matter what the dispute is...no matter what happens....NEVER DO IT. And our stating TE....the one who wants more money? What does he end up doing? He just struck himself out of any contract extension....he may end up doing time...and at the very least...he is looking at a league suspension. This situation will linger on well past training camp...that you can be assured of...and now the coaches have to be really shaking there heads on the what if situations---especially if RANDY is consumed by this. And now...how will he be looked at now? By the players and the coaches? Do they support him? Do they look the other way? Wanny was teed off on this...and now what does he do....does he look at more at TES JOHN JONES and DONALD LEE...does he give them more of a look..now...if you are the offensive coaches.....what are you thinking about this guy? This is all your going to be reading about for the next few days....get used to the spin....because its coming and Drew is hoping that both the Mcmichaels will come out tommorrow or at this point...today....and tell the world that they are both sorry...and that they would like to begin counseling....that they will work this out. Thats the only negotiation Drew will be discussing with Mcmichael....and of course....the other attorney. As the WORLD....check that....AS THE DOLPHINS TURN WILL CONTINUE after these local messeges....

wow way to flip out.. were u there?? seriously half nfl players get charged for domestic abuse.. just let it play out and stop over analyzing.. we have another good TE if the case is that mcmichael is in big trouble

Back
Top Bottom