mcnair in 06' ?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mcnair in 06' ??

I am a big McNair fan but the guy needs to retire. He is so beat up.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I am a big McNair fan but the guy needs to retire. He is so beat up.

Agreed, he will probaly never make it through a full season. He was a great QB on their run to the superbowl.

rickysux said:
I was just thinking and it sounds crazy but i think mcnair could be a fin next year and here is why. he is due a 50million dollar bonus in 06 he will never see it. the titans will more than likely get the top pick in the 06 draft and they will draft matt lineart, they are in total rebuild mode. by next year imo we will be a contender and mcnair is a upgrade to feeley and gus. also mcnair would love to play with his friends carter and schulters(if we get him).
mcnair has had some injuries but he is not that old, just a thought you never know! we could get mcnair and draft a qb to groom.

Aging, injury prone quarterback this team need not.

I think if Feeley proves that he is not the guy, then our next qb is either currently on the SD roster or will come from the draft.

Bill C said:
I think if Feeley proves that he is not the guy, then our next qb is either currently on the SD roster or will come from the draft.

u said a mouth full and i agree 100% it will b brees:evil:

ckparrothead said:
McNair would be a good option if we were sure he still wanted to play football and if he showed he could stay healthy a little.

He's got more talent in his non-throwing arm than in both the throwing arms of AJ Feeley and Gus Frerotte combined. I'm sorry, but it is true. He's been a winner before, he's gotten his team to the Super Bowl and came close to winning it. He's been an MVP and deserved it. He has always been perennially underrated if you ask me. The real question is, can he reach that level again with his shoulder the way it is. I don't know. That is something we would have to evaluate next year.
Exactly. Every statgeek and their mother will point to his modest TD totals and complain but the fact of the matter is that George for years scored all their TDs in an ultra conservative almost Wannylike red zone offense. McNair is a winner plain and simple.

The future for MCNair is a little up in the air with regards to his health. I know hes got the brains to lead a team and I know he has the skill...if hes healthy.

MDFINFAN said:
''
Obliviously you haven't been keeping up with him, he was just spot lighted on NFL Total Access last week for minicamp..He's in great health, and had a personal trainer this offseason, he's lost weight and looked great. He loves the new O they have and is running around like he did a couple of years ago. Said this is the best he's felt in the last couple of years.

He's hurt just about every season....not always to the point of missing games, but still hurt. He is nowhere even close to being as mobile as he used to be (although he has become better in the pocket) and thats only going to get worse as he gets older. One more serious injury and I bet he hangs it up.

interesting idea but hes a little old...he will probably retire but you never know...i think we will get brees or rivers...green bay drafting aaron rogers helps us cause they were interested in brees last year if he got cut...

It wouldnt be such a bad idea if all of this happens
1) Gus and AJ are big dissapointments
2) Saban thinks he can still produce
3) He isnt too expensive
4) weve got our QB of the future behind him

I owuldn't doubt that Tennesee would draft Leinart. Afterall, Chow is the OC now. However, my guess is that Fisher owuld sit him a year or possibly two and let McNair groom him on the ways of the NFL. That is how he did it with Mcnair and O'Donnell and it seemed to work well. Heck, they came within a yard of winning the SuperBowl.

Plus, he is starting to breakdown. If we have to change QB's next season, we might as well go with youth as opposed to an ailing veteran.

Furthermore, why are we talking about NEXT season when we haven't even started THIS season?

Hey, they let that one guy play pro golf while riding in a cart... maybe they'll let McNair play QB from his wheelchair, which is probably where he'll be by the end of the season.

No thanks.

why not bring in mcnair if available? he'd be a good bridge to a young qb, and he'd be a great fit for linehan's offense. the guy is a proven winner and a prennial pro-bowler when healthy. he may be a shell of his former self, but a washed up mcnair would still wipe the floor with any qb we've had in 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom