mcnair in 06' ?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

mcnair in 06' ??

:lol: i totally forgot about that ridiculous SB he is due next year, how can you sign a contract that pays $50 Million as a Roster Bonus and expect to get it...:lol:, but back to topic, i think it all depends what happens this year, i read on a camp report on kffl earlier this year, that he is back to full strength in years and that he is throwing lasers again, would be nice to get him if the situation (money, mindset, health) is right

Mcnair maybe has 1, AT MOST 2, seasons left.

why dont the fins trade away 2 1st rounders for him??? :rofl3:

BrazForPhins said:
mcnair = overrated

If he accepts making at max 3 million a year, ok, sign him :rofl3:

Mcnair when healthy is easily a top 5 QB in this league. If he wishes to continue to play I agree he would be an awesome QB. Who knows maybe he could be on top of his game as long as Warren Moon, who he reminds me of. I for one would be all for it.

Not happening. He's the only player remaining from when they were called the Oilers, he's been with the organization his entire career and the people in Tennessee love him. Considering all the money he's made, I imagine he'll retire if he doesn't play for the Titans.

rickysux said:
I was just thinking and it sounds crazy but i think mcnair could be a fin next year and here is why. he is due a 50million dollar bonus in 06 he will never see it. the titans will more than likely get the top pick in the 06 draft and they will draft matt lineart, they are in total rebuild mode. by next year imo we will be a contender and mcnair is a upgrade to feeley and gus. also mcnair would love to play with his friends carter and schulters(if we get him).
mcnair has had some injuries but he is not that old, just a thought you never know! we could get mcnair and draft a qb to groom.

Your joking right. Not only is he over rated. His career is done.

TARHEEL38 said:
Mcnair when healthy is easily a top 5 QB in this league. If he wishes to continue to play I agree he would be an awesome QB. Who knows maybe he could be on top of his game as long as Warren Moon, who he reminds me of. I for one would be all for it.

C'mon top 5 or maybe you left a 1 in front of your 5 and that's pushing it

Brady
Mcnab
Manning
Green
Culpepper
Bulger
Farve

Not in order but her are a few that would beg to differ. Should I keep going

Al13 said:
:lol: i totally forgot about that ridiculous SB he is due next year, how can you sign a contract that pays $50 Million as a Roster Bonus and expect to get it...:lol:, but back to topic, i think it all depends what happens this year, i read on a camp report on kffl earlier this year, that he is back to full strength in years and that he is throwing lasers again, would be nice to get him if the situation (money, mindset, health) is right

No player signs a contract for those bonuses and seriously expects to see them. The Titans and McNair's agent both agreed that after the 2005 season, they would need to reassess where things are, and threw in the $50 million roster bonus to ensure that it would be done. Standard tactic; whether the bonus is $10 million or $50 million or whatever, the player knows he's never getting it.

And when healthy, there's an argument for McNair as a top 5 QB. Brady, Culpepper, McNabb and Manning are the only ones you would definitely take over him. Putting Bulger, Green and, at this point in his career, Favre in that group is laughable. Two system QBs and a guy who might be the most overrated player in the NFL right now. If healthy, I'll take McNair over any of those three guys. The issue, of course, is whether he is healthy. If he plays this year and looks healthy, I'd definitely make a run at him if I were Saban. He's miles better than Feeley or Frerotte, even if you assume he'll only play 13 or 14 games.

FISHFAN44 said:
C'mon top 5 or maybe you left a 1 in front of your 5 and that's pushing it

Brady
Mcnab
Manning
Green
Culpepper
Bulger
Farve

Not in order but her are a few that would beg to differ. Should I keep going

i'm having trouble locating this "green" guy. what team does he play for? i mean, i know trent green and all but obviously you're not talking about him. i just can't believe this top 10 nfl qb named green escaped me.

McNair is done with. The Titans better be starting to look for QB's of the future and get one next year.

thecoordinator said:
i'm having trouble locating this "green" guy. what team does he play for? i mean, i know trent green and all but obviously you're not talking about him. i just can't believe this top 10 nfl qb named green escaped me.

I am talking about Trent Green I wouldn't put him the top 5 or even 10 but I would put him in front of McNair. I was just throwing out names of QB's I think is better than McNair. And believe me theres a lot more out there I'd rather have than McNair healthy or not. McNair and Moon as far as I concerned were over rated. Moon has decent numbers but he had nearly as many int's as TD's. What made him famous was the chuck and duck offense. Which you either throw a TD or INT and for about every TD he threw an INT.

Titans have a good QB besides McNair, I think they just resigned their backup who played really well last season with the intention that he may be their future, so why would they draft Leinart?

Titans have a good QB besides McNair, I think they just resigned their backup who played really well last season with the intention that he may be their future, so why would they draft Leinart?

Because Norm Chow won a college championship overwhelmingly with Leinart at the helm, and Matt Leinart is more talented than Billy Volek. It is all speculation based on the Chow-Leinart connection...which is a very strong connection so if the Titans are actually in position to pick #1 in the draft, yeah I would look for them to gun for Leinart.

what are you thinking??? he is done!!!!!! just like eddie george..

Back
Top Bottom