McShay's Latest Mock: Nelson To The Fins @11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McShay's Latest Mock: Nelson To The Fins @11

I really don't think any of these guys have really looked at the Dolphins team in depth. They just watched a few highlights during the season, remember we struggled to the run the ball when Ajayi was here (Drake averaged 4.8 ypc) and think OG is our biggest need. They clearly didn't notice that our DEFENSE SUCKS! Not to mention we have no TE, Matt Moore is a gonner, and out ENTIRE LINEBACKING CORP SUCKS!

The only way we go offense at 11 is for a QB. If one drops to us and the team wants one then I can see them drafting a QB at 11 but other than that, we're going defense for sure. No way they take a guard at 11 when they didn't take one at 22 last year. No TE is worth taking at 11 so defense it is

Ozzy rules!!

So he's saying we need to play it safe. That's why we never win anything. Play the draft to win. We need a play maker instead of a safe pick

Ozzy rules!!

I would prefer defense, but Nelson is a very good player and a huge upgrade.

I'm not mad at that pick, here's why. If the FO is full on with Tannehill, then this is definitely a good move. Keeps Ryan safer, run blocking, pass blocking, Nelson does it all. Maybe his aggressiveness will spread to the others on the line.
If the FO is in for a 2nd-7th round qb to come in and test Ryan, then it's a bad choice. In the majority, those qb's so not work out as good as 1st rounders for obvious reasons.
Maybe with the recent success of sub-elite qb's (Foles, Keenum, Smith, maybe Cousins), the FO feels like Tannehill can be just as successful as those guys.
To me, it has to be one or the other for this offense to get on track. A 1st rd. qb or a Nelson Mcglinchey.
If defense is the name of the game, there is plenty of good talent out there. I have been liking Derwin lately. Dude balls out on every play.

Right now for me there are only three guys at 11 that I see help us the most and change our fortunes, in order of preference;

1-S Fitzpatrick
Finally gives us a dynamic FS and frees McDonald up to play that rumored hybrid role.

2-G Nelson
Changes everything about our offensive line including going from soft to nasty. Helps improve our run and pass game.

3-LB Edmunds
Physical marvel, bigger than Roquan and can do more for us.

Best possible prospect at arguably our biggest need. Sounds like best case scenario......so i'm not getting my hopes up. Tampa, Chicago and San Fran could all pull the trigger on Nelson as they are all desperate for offense.
I don't think 4 QB's go top 10, especially if Cousins signs with Denver. There's also a chance Cousins signs with Cleveland and turns the draft upside down by not taking a QB at No.1.

In a perfect world we get Nelson and follow that up with Billy Price to play Center and flip the narrative once and for all. A TE works with our 2nd pick as well.

It would be nice to have a good O-line for a change, horrendous lines have held the Dolphins' offense back for years

Best possible prospect at arguably our biggest need. Sounds like best case scenario......so i'm not getting my hopes up. Tampa, Chicago and San Fran could all pull the trigger on Nelson as they are all desperate for offense.
I don't think 4 QB's go top 10, especially if Cousins signs with Denver. There's also a chance Cousins signs with Cleveland and turns the draft upside down by not taking a QB at No.1.

In a perfect world we get Nelson and follow that up with Billy Price to play Center and flip the narrative once and for all. A TE works with our 2nd pick as well.

IMHO the combination of Nelson and Price would be the safest route and drastically improve the offense. 3rd and long would be a rarity.

Back
Top Bottom