Me with Seau | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Me with Seau

Originally posted by JPhinfan86
I told you guys I would try to get some pics of my trip to Miami posted. I haven't had much luck so far but recieved a shock a few days ago. I just tonight got home from the hospital. I was in for an infection that resulted from low blood counts from chemo. 2 weeks in there lol, not cool. My professor stopped by with a Fedex envelope, in it he had the picture of me with Seau. Junior autographed it with a personal message to me. Apparently he knew I recieved a scholarship from the Waitt Foundation, so he sent it to their Iowa (local) office. I'm gonna post the link to the picture, its on the Junior Seau Foundation site....the first picture in the photo gallery (i'm Joel). :D

http://juniorseau.org/photo_gallery.htm

P.S.-- Just so you know the reason i'm standing so wierd is because my right leg was amputated. I just didn't want you guys thinking I was having a stroke or something. :lol:

GREAT PIC DUDE!!!!

Do you play ESPN FOOTBALL online??? I just traded in Madden for it two weeks ago. I cannot believe how much better it is than Madden. I've played Madden for years and loved this years, until I gave ESPN football a chance. Online play is VERY addicting. I'm already ranked in the top 200. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

Hey Joel, happy to hear from you, nice pic and thanks for sharing it with us...

Hey if you come across with anymore pics with any other Dolphin please share it..

GOD BLESS and GOOD LUCKK...:)

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

P.S.-- Just so you know the reason i'm standing so wierd is because my right leg was amputated. I just didn't want you guys thinking I was having a stroke or something. :lol:

Wierd? Man let me tell you something! I thought I lived a tough life, especially in my younger years, but man after reading you had chemo, and had to have a leg amputated, and seeing that you were STILL Smiling!!! That's not wierd, and I would have never known had you not mentioned it.

I really dig Junior Seau, and it's great what he does outside of football. But I think he really knows deep down that people like yourself are OUR true heros!

Way to go!!

Hero is a word that definitely fits here. Many people could/would have just as soon given up on life and let it roll 'em over.

You, my friend, are inspirational!

Re: Re: Me with Seau

Originally posted by unclemonty

Do you play ESPN FOOTBALL online??? I just traded in Madden for it two weeks ago. I cannot believe how much better it is than Madden. I've played Madden for years and loved this years, until I gave ESPN football a chance. Online play is VERY addicting. I'm already ranked in the top 200. Let's get ready to rumble!!!!!

That's awesome, your the only guy here that actually agrees with me about ESPN....no joke. I'm looking into online play, thats something I really wanna try. If I ever get hooked up i'll look for ya.

Yea, i'm about 6'0. However as you can tell I weigh about 130, 108 during chemo.

The white ball he's holding is the ball the whole team autographed for me. Another cool thing was how Sage responded to me being from Iowa. He was really interested in hearing about where i'm from. The really wierd thing is he recognized my college, but not the town i'm from (my college is in the same town) lol.

Re: Re: Re: Me with Seau

That's awesome, your the only guy here that actually agrees with me about ESPN....no joke. I'm looking into online play, thats something I really wanna try. If I ever get hooked up i'll look for ya.

Yea, i'm about 6'0. However as you can tell I weigh about 130, 108 during chemo.

The white ball he's holding is the ball the whole team autographed for me. Another cool thing was how Sage responded to me being from Iowa. He was really interested in hearing about where i'm from. The really wierd thing is he recognized my college, but not the town i'm from (my college is in the same town) lol.
Geez, I hope you're not saying Sage isn't too bright....are you?...:lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Me with Seau

Originally posted by inFINSible
Geez, I hope you're not saying Sage isn't too bright....are you?...:lol:

No lol. He probly just heard of us through college search's or something. I know we played Iowa State a few years ago in basketball, double overtime. That put us on the map here in Iowa so maybe he was still as I.S.U. when that happened. That must be it, too bad we lost.

http://www.qkstats.net/mside/mensbb/00-01/mcmisu.htm

Look at the very bottom for the box score...it was actually single OT. Was Sage at I.S.U. in 2000?

Last edited by a moderator:
:whew:

I don't see what you want me to see but, if Sage is a RFA then yes, 2000 would have been his senior year.....I think...:huh:

Yep, drafted in 2001. He prepped at Maquoketa High in Maquoketa Iowa. So thats why he knew M'side.

:whew:

I don't see what you want me to see but, if Sage is a RFA then yes, 2000 would have been his senior year.....I think...:huh:

I was just showing ya that a small private college here in Iowa almost took a Big 12 team down. Pretty sweet for us. Also, that is the only reason I could think of that Sage knew Morningside College but not the town it's in. Thats all.

I was just showing ya that a small private college here in Iowa almost took a Big 12 team down. Pretty sweet for us. Also, that is the only reason I could think of that Sage knew Morningside College but not the town it's in. Thats all.
Okay....my bad....that is cool.....What div. is Morningside in?

Okay....my bad....that is cool.....What div. is Morningside in?

We were division 3 i believe until this year. Now we are in the NAIA. That move mad alot of people mad cuz it means less publicity for the college.

Another cool fact about M'side is that Kurt Warner played QB in the Shrine Game at our home field: Roberts Stadium.:D

We were division 3 i believe until this year. Now we are in the NAIA. That move mad alot of people mad cuz it means less publicity for the college.

Another cool fact about M'side is that Kurt Warner played QB in the Shrine Game at our home field: Roberts Stadium.:D
What were the reasons for, or advantages to the move?

What were the reasons for, or advantages to the move?

Im not exactly sure. I'm thinking maybe it made us alot more competitive. I'm not sure if we were getting killed in football in Division 3, but maybe. I think our B-ball teams were always good. Right now our girls b-ball team is ranked #2 in the nation, so maybe.

Back
Top Bottom