Meeuwsen and Jerman released. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Meeuwsen and Jerman released.

all you tall and weak guys make me laugh-either you can lift the weight or you can't! i am short and extremely strong...and i have tall friends who can bench a lot and don't belly ache and make excuses, they just lift and shutup/anyway football is about being a football player/not a lifter:roflmao: :evil: who cares how much Zach or Junior can bench! can they pursue the play and can they tackle? can they play thru pain? can they lead? i'm sure junior or zach doesn't make excuses about thier anatomy when they can't do something. stop whining and start benching. phin fans need to toughen up!

razorphin said:
all you tall and weak guys make me laugh-either you can lift the weight or you can't! i am short and extremely strong...and i have tall friends who can bench a lot and don't belly ache and make excuses, they just lift and shutup/anyway football is about being a football player/not a lifter:roflmao: :evil: who cares how much Zach or Junior can bench! can they pursue the play and can they tackle? can they play thru pain? can they lead? i'm sure junior or zach doesn't make excuses about thier anatomy when they can't do something. stop whining and start benching. phin fans need to toughen up!

Damn your stupid. This isn't about football. The last eight posts have been about strength and why it's harder to bench more when you have longer arms. Now what else is good about having long arms? You can box like crazy, so don't tell us to toughen up.

all you tall and weak guys are just a bunch of belly achers. i am short and strong and i have tall and strong friends who never use anatomical realities as excuses! just shut up and stop your belly aching and bench harder! besides, on the football field it doesn't matter what you bench if you cannot finish the play because you are either too slow, too dumb, or too scared! speed, instinct, toughness and good old american desire make a good football player, not a bench press or a poor excuse for not having one! go phins!

I have long arms and bench more than my friends...but they all push me around ala pass blocking so this is...which has the shorter arms of smith and alabi?

Smith has shorter arms. Alabi has 36 3/4" arm length which is excellent for a OT.
This could partially explain his only doing 18 reps on the bench press at the combine. His 1RM is excellent however as he benched 500 lbs while at TCU; along with squatting 810, which probably puts him in the top 1-2% of every player in this past draft for that lift.

Well I'm short and fat...I can lift 225 lbs about 6"...does that mean I can't play LT ??

Well....yeah.......LOLOLOLOLOL

PhinsTD said:
Didn't see this discussed, don't come by every day though so may have missed it.

We just gave Jerman an extension last year, but I figured he's be edged out by all the talented depth we have this year.

Alabi remind anyone else of Wade Smith?
Yes... very good point.

Both are fantastic athletes with excellent physical skills. They have the physical attributes and Hudson can refine their technique.

Alabi has recently been described as 'he looks like a TE' and Smith was a TE.

I don't think the comparison is a bad thing... both players can ultimately contribute IMO.

i saw some pictures of alabi and he definately has to put some beef on to have a shot at OL next year

Back
Top Bottom